Who Was The Most Improved Player In The NFL Last Season?

the lone star

22 hours ago, ET80 said:

Will? He was really showing some special talent before he blew his ACL. 

Eric Ebron comes to mind, but I don't know if that's "improvement" or new surroundings.

I think hes referring to Kyle, who became an all pro CB last season, but his big improvement probably came in 2017 and he just built off of that in 2018

13 hours ago, SBLIII said:

from what point did he improve? His starting point was incredibly high which was game 1 of 2018. He should not be on this list and unless he throws for 80 TDs next season or goes into a serious slump and then throws for 50 again, he never will be.

Yep. Can't be Mahomes. He never set a precedent to improve on. He's just a stud...

Two Browns worth mentioning:

1. Greg Robinson. He went from apparently being abysmal to being a very good starting LT.

2. Breshad Perriman. He was the worst WR ever allegedly. Came here and was awesome.

Neither had a wide enough sample size to be considered the MOST improved, but both of those guys revived careers that were believed to be dead.

My vote would go to Dee Ford. He was an afterthought in KC before this season. Finished one of the top sack artists in the league.

5 hours ago, Nex_Gen said:

He put up stats, sure. But was still wildly inconsistent and still unreliable...I wouldn't categorize him as most improved..

You must not have seen this, NG; "not even close, tbh". It' not even close, and he's being honest. Shut the thread down.

12 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

Imo, RB Adrian Peterson should be on this list.

Had 1,042 yards on 251 carries & 7 rushing TD's. 4.2 yards a clip

Most assumed he was done. Am I wrong in that assessment?

Even had the longest run for a TD in his career last year. 90 yard td I believe.

And only in your opinion

19 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

Two Browns worth mentioning:

1. Greg Robinson. He went from apparently being abysmal to being a very good starting LT.

2. Breshad Perriman. He was the worst WR ever allegedly. Came here and was awesome.

Neither had a wide enough sample size to be considered the MOST improved, but both of those guys revived careers that were believed to be dead.

My vote for the Browns would be Randall. There is an asterisk because of position change but he had the body of work that those two didn't.

Overall the mentions in this thread haven't been great. Goff? Almost the exact same results as the previous year. Ebron? (sure if you only include 1 category), AD? He was okay but he didn't improve I'm guessing his situation did. Mahomes? A 1st year starter?

I guess Kittle wins by default of there not being much legitimate competition in this thread.

On 4/19/2019 at 6:59 PM, bigbadbuff23835 said:

Eric Ebron. Not even close tbh

I'd question whether or not he was even improved. His season was basically the same season he had 2 years ago, except he just caught a bunch of touchdowns this year, which is a highly volatile statistic. He was also third in the league in drops, a recurring problem which has dogged him since he was a rookie and wasn't any better this season. If there was something to improve on, it was really that, and he really didn't. 

13 hours ago, ninjapirate said:

Isaac Seumalo went from being one of the worst OL I ever seen to being extened as a starting LG this offseason.

I hope he continues to play well. I was a really big fan of his coming out, and if he plays well, I don't look bad.....

Archived