Micro-Mafia Games - Game 2, Jester Mafia - Night Thusday @ 10pm EST

Dome

4 minutes ago, theuntouchable said:

Says the guy who said he was glad no one else claimed it lol

As it happens, you guys also killed the one guy who may have believed it (me) lol

When I threw out the nugget about trusting only Naz, he gave a super weird reply about whether or not I was claiming the cop role. No vanilla townie in their right mind would have done that. So at that point, I was left with two options - he was scum (it would have been a bad play by scum too, but far worse for vanilla townie), or he was the actual cop. I could not reconcile that with the information I was going to have on D2, so it was going to be brought to the forefront on D3. 

7 minutes ago, Forge said:

As it happens, you guys also killed the one guy who may have believed it (me) lol

When I threw out the nugget about trusting only Naz, he gave a super weird reply about whether or not I was claiming the cop role. No vanilla townie in their right mind would have done that. So at that point, I was left with two options - he was scum (it would have been a bad play by scum too, but far worse for vanilla townie), or he was the actual cop. I could not reconcile that with the information I was going to have on D2, so it was going to be brought to the forefront on D3. 

Swag would have believed it. 

Especially if I did it. 

41 minutes ago, theuntouchable said:

Says the guy who said he was glad no one else claimed it lol

Yeah, of the people left, the only one I would have believed was you.  If Counselor did it, I would have laughed and voted for him.

5 minutes ago, SwAg said:

On the assumption Rick claimed first or immediately CC’d cuz I don’t think anyone actually has the balls to do the fake in LyLo where an organic mislynch remains viable.

I honestly thought about it lol if I had any kind of heat at that point I may have. 

So I need another replacement. Might put this on hold or reset it later. The point was to have close to 9-players play the whole thing for scoring purposes. 3 replacements in as many games doesn't bode well for that goal. The winners will just be the players that played the most games, and that's not the point of this.

3 hours ago, Dome said:

So I need another replacement. Might put this on hold or reset it later. The point was to have close to 9-players play the whole thing for scoring purposes. 3 replacements in as many games doesn't bode well for that goal. The winners will just be the players that played the most games, and that's not the point of this.

Well if you decide to keep doing it I'd be glad to play

16 hours ago, rackcs said:

Well if you decide to keep doing it I'd be glad to play

I'll definitely get you in a micro game if you wanna play one. It might not be part of this tourney though.

It's mostly about the tournament idea being broken if we have a bunch of players playing thats didn't play the whole tourney or jumped in halfway through. The scoring and MVP votes were already gonna come with the small sample size disclaimer even if everyone played the whole thing, but that is working out even worse than I thought it would.

@Pickle Rick, @The Orca, @Counselor, @wwhickok, @TheKillerNacho, @Tk3, @DingoLadd, @ET80. @Nazgul, @Forge @SwAg@theuntouchable

I'm happy to keep hosting these smaller games on the side, so we can keep playing if people like the smaller usually quicker games. I just don't really want to spend the time keeping scores and MVP votes for a tournament if at the end of it only a couple players have played in the whole thing anyways, the stats will mean almost nothing at that point.

So basically, the players who signed up and have been replaced/asked for a replacement can decide if they want to continue with the tournament or if they want out. Lemme know either way so I can decide send out roles for Game 3 or if I should start working on some smaller games for just a side micro-mafia series that isn't a tourney.

26 minutes ago, Dome said:

I'll definitely get you in a micro game if you wanna play one. It might not be part of this tourney though.

It's mostly about the tournament idea being broken if we have a bunch of players playing thats didn't play the whole tourney or jumped in halfway through. The scoring and MVP votes were already gonna come with the small sample size disclaimer even if everyone played the whole thing, but that is working out even worse than I thought it would.

@Pickle Rick, @The Orca, @Counselor, @wwhickok, @TheKillerNacho, @Tk3, @DingoLadd, @ET80. @Nazgul, @Forge @SwAg@theuntouchable

I'm happy to keep hosting these smaller games on the side, so we can keep playing if people like the smaller usually quicker games. I just don't really want to spend the time keeping scores and MVP votes for a tournament if at the end of it only a couple players have played in the whole thing anyways, the stats will mean almost nothing at that point.

So basically, the players who signed up and have been replaced/asked for a replacement can decide if they want to continue with the tournament or if they want out. Lemme know either way so I can decide send out roles for Game 3 or if I should start working on some smaller games for just a side micro-mafia series that isn't a tourney.

tumblr_np6awtw5Lv1tp719lo2_250.gif

20 hours ago, Dome said:

I'd certainly be down for continuing  now that I'm back from vacation.

Some less town-sided setups would be nice though xD

Didn't realize I was supposed to be submitting MVPs or something. I'll try to do these in the future

27 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Some less town-sided setups would be nice though

How was last setup town sided? Lol.

mafia should’ve and would’ve won with both members surviving if not for a major player error that more or less outted that player as mafia. I have no control over that and it had nothing to do with mechanics.

I actually think that last game was quite balanced. I’m not sure what you’re seeing. Maybe others could chime in.

38 minutes ago, Dome said:

How was last setup town sided? Lol.

mafia should’ve and would’ve won with both members surviving if not for a major player error that more or less outted that player as mafia. I have no control over that and it had nothing to do with mechanics.

I actually think that last game was quite balanced. I’m not sure what you’re seeing. Maybe others could chime in.

I'd argue that giving town two miss-lynches in a 9 player game is one too many. Especially so with two Town PRs and no Mafia PRs other than godfather.

In mafia games I'm used to, almost every 10-player (night start) and 9-player (day start) setups played at the competitive level only give town one misslynch and usually even out pretty damn close to 50% (for example, my favorite setup every created, Janitorial 2.0).

On EM, the setup last game would eventually boil down to the cop claiming d1, the nilla being forced to cc cop, and facing a situation that even if the nilla ends up getting the cop lynched, the godfather has to survive a 1vs5 situation with (probably) one town PR left (doctor). If the nilla loses the cop CC, it would be basically over. If the nilla didn't cc at all, the cop is protected by doc and eventually flushes out the nilla anyway. I'd anticipate at least a 65% town win rate once it received an adequate sample size (putting it far over the threshhold to be competitive legal).

In short, town has way too much leigh-way to be wrong; for near-perfect town/scum winrate balance of a setup at this size, the town should only be getting one ML.

Just my opinion, though; play tends to differ from Java mafia quite a bit but I think the basic advantage is still there... I'm not really surprised town won both games. (Note: I haven't read last game either)

21 hours ago, DingoLadd said:

I'll continue to play, my schedule has gone to hell but I made a promise damn it.

sorry whicker. 

Dingo speaks for me - because he IS ME!

Archived