Micro-Mafia Games - Game 2, Jester Mafia - Night Thusday @ 10pm EST

Dome

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

Penny for your thoughts, Rick. 

giphy.gif

Nacho is taking an early cop out to scum hunting and following along with dingo (claimed vengeful).  He was so deadset on you being mafia that its really hard to believe that he would just change his tune at the drop of a dime, unless he was mafia and was just trying to blend in and not ruffle any feathers. 

1 hour ago, Pickle Rick said:

Nacho is taking an early cop out to scum hunting and following along with dingo (claimed vengeful).  He was so deadset on you being mafia that its really hard to believe that he would just change his tune at the drop of a dime, unless he was mafia and was just trying to blend in and not ruffle any feathers. 

I'm actually betting on this being the case. Nacho. See, told you I would vote.
I also think the next lynch should be Forge. All of their back and forth seemed too gimmicky. 

2 hours ago, Pickle Rick said:

?

I still think Forge is mafia and would be glad to vote him.

Not optimal play to split votes with a clear though, in any open roles game ever.

3 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

?

I still think Forge is mafia and would be glad to vote him.

Not optimal play to split votes with a clear though, in any open roles game ever.

Voting along with a clear is just horrible play imo.  Dingo could be wrong all game and lead us to an L, you never just follow a clear, unless you are scum imo.  

9 minutes ago, Pickle Rick said:

Voting along with a clear is just horrible play imo.  Dingo could be wrong all game and lead us to an L, you never just follow a clear, unless you are scum imo.  

Yep go with your best reads people, you have no moves to help you. Only your logic/gut/things that stand out.

Don't blindly follow the idiots into oblivion.

17 minutes ago, Pickle Rick said:

You haven't played much open role games I guess. With as much known as there is, it becomes more important for town to not split votes. At least, this is the optimal play of millions of mafia games on java mafia: the less unified the uninformed majority the more power the informed minority has. Like it or not, one of the only ways to unite the uninformed majority in most games is to rally votes based on a confirmed town. You can call it horrible, but it is optimal. So much so that most common epicmafia setups would be balked on as extremely scumsided from what I've seen from setups here on forum mafia but end up balancing to be 50/50 (almost every competitive setup on the site gives town only one misslynch if it even does that; compare it to the setups listed by Dome which give the town two each). To say that games become too dependent on the skill levels of these confirmed town players is the more exact criticism, and is part of the reason playing on epicmafia doesn't thrill me anymore.

Either way, I said I was fine with Nazgul earlier. His gameplay has been almost as poor as Forge's so there is a decent possibility they're both scum. I'm more convinced Forge is, mind you, but not enough to split my vote from the clear.

11 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

You haven't played much open role games I guess. With as much known as there is, it becomes more important for town to not split votes. At least, this is the optimal play of millions of mafia games on java mafia: the less unified the uninformed majority the more power the informed minority has. Like it or not, one of the only ways to unite the uninformed majority in most games is to rally votes based on a confirmed town. You can call it horrible, but it is optimal. So much so that most common epicmafia setups would be balked on as extremely scumsided from what I've seen from setups here on forum mafia but end up balancing to be 50/50 (almost every competitive setup on the site gives town only one misslynch if it even does that; compare it to the setups listed by Dome which give the town two each). To say that games become too dependent on the skill levels of these confirmed town players is the more exact criticism, and is part of the reason playing on epicmafia doesn't thrill me anymore.

Either way, I said I was fine with Nazgul earlier. His gameplay has been almost as poor as Forge's so there is a decent possibility they're both scum. I'm more convinced Forge is, mind you, but not enough to split my vote from the clear.

Being optimal the way you described isn't being good though imo. What would be better is to vote with you own gut all while having a discussion with the cleared civ to get the best vote possible. In the end, it may be with the cleared or not. Blindly following is a bad strategy imo. If the cleared is wrong, scum can just hide in the vote and that's ball game

1 hour ago, Nazgul said:

I'm actually betting on this being the case. Nacho. See, told you I would vote.
I also think the next lynch should be Forge. All of their back and forth seemed too gimmicky. 

I've never been lynched before! Exciting new endeavors going on here! 

giphy.gif

Alright peeps, I'm out for the night. May check in from my phone from time to time, but going to spend the rest of the evening playing with my son while the gf is working. You guys do you. 

On 4/28/2019 at 10:19 PM, Dome said:

I'm going to extend this rule because Game 1was earlier than expected + Draft Weekend.

If you fail to vote before Tuesday at 11:59est you'll be eliminated from this game.

I think two people forgot how to play

tenor.gif?itemid=14031262

tenor.gif?itemid=5329905

That should read “If the day extends past Tuesday 11:59 and players fail to vote that day, they’ll be eliminated”. It was an extension of the deadline to vote, giving players an out of the day ended before Wednesday. Now that it’s Wednesday, the safety blanket is removed.

All players still have until the end of Day 1 to submit a vote or be eliminated. This is not warning of a forced Night time, just warning that you can now be killed for failing to make a vote.

In a 9 player game, I’m not trying to modkill folks, but we have to have some sense of urgency or we’ll never finish this thing.

@Pickle Rick@The Orca@Counselor@wwhickok@TheKillerNacho@Tk3@DingoLadd@Nazgul@Forge 

Archived