2019 NFL draft day 3; Dorseys delight.

Kiwibrown

4 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

@BleedTheClock

How does he compare to peppers?

I’m also curious if he’s more of a long-term fit as Randall’s successor or a box safety to take over for Burnett. A lot of what I’ve seen makes me think he could be the 2020 FS though I want to believe Randall could resign. 

3 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

@BleedTheClock

How does he compare to peppers?

He doesn’t move as effortlessly as Peppers, but he has much better instincts in coverage. Peppers has a higher athletic ceiling, but Redwine is a more refined player despite lacking the WOW factor you got with Peppers from time to time. 

I was apparently the only person on planet earth that liked Peppers and believed that he would become a top 5-10 SS, so idk. I would trade Redwine for Peppers in a heartbeat, but both are going to be above average safeties methinks. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, NateDawg said:

I’m also curious if he’s more of a long-term fit as Randall’s successor or a box safety to take over for Burnett. A lot of what I’ve seen makes me think he could be the 2020 FS though I want to believe Randall could resign. 

Box safety. He COULD play FS, but is much more natural playing SS. He isn’t bad patrolling the deep secondary at all and is actually most effective from a 2-high look filling alleys, but I don’t think he has the elite range to play FS at a high level in a heavy zone scheme where he’ll have to split vertical routes routinely. He can play high cover 2, but I don’t like him as a cover 3 deep man tbh. 

The more I watch Redwine the more I like him. He’s all over the place. Can take some bad angles at times but he can play every position in the secondary. His gametape against Virginia is incredible he’s all over. I wouldn’t be surprised if he starts. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

He doesn’t move as effortlessly as Peppers, but he has much better instincts in coverage. Peppers has a higher athletic ceiling, but Redwine is a more refined player despite lacking the WOW factor you got with Peppers from time to time. 

I was apparently the only person on planet earth that liked Peppers and believed that he would become a top 5-10 SS, so idk. I would trade Redwine for Peppers in a heartbeat, but both are going to be above average safeties methinks. 

I was a huge peppers fan.

his jersey is still in my man cave 😭

Sheldrick Redwine has a sparq score of 129 or 89th percentile for theNFL. that is great for someone wh football instincts and ball hawk ability. Hopefully h can take over from Randall, Randall gets some p[hat $$ we get a 3rd, 

On 4/30/2019 at 9:11 AM, BleedTheClock said:

The interesting question discussed weeks ago is would you trade our 2nd round pick (Greedy Williams) and given the outcome of the trade up in the draft also our 5th round picks as part of the Odell Beckham/Olivier Vernon Trade instead of including Jabrill Peppers?

For me, CB is easily more of an impact position than SS a good CB is worth as much as good-plus SS.  I'd rather have traded the 2nd and 5th and given up the rights to Greedy Williams instead of including Peppers because a close study of his play last year had me believing he's going to be that good and dynamic of an impact player.

Jabrill Peppers still on the team and acquiring Julian Love in the 4th round instead of Redwine would've been a more desirable alternative than the Greedy Williams and Sheldrick Redwine combo (and I say all that as a person that declared Sheldrick to be one of my favorite FS with SS versatility in the draft).

Edited by Mind Character
  • Like 1