2019 NFL draft day 3; Dorseys delight.

Kiwibrown

13 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Who?  I don’t recall a single person on this board stating it was a need.  

Don’t be too smug, if you stick around long enough we’ll all get to see many missteps. Unless you just create a new username...

Not going to dig through posts.  But there were a few that indicated TE was a "need" for us. 

Wasn't being smug.  My life is full of missteps.  

2 minutes ago, Tomahawk said:

Not going to dig through posts.  But there were a few that indicated TE was a "need" for us. 

I guess we can agree to disagree then.  I’m here pretty regularly (understatement of the year) and I don’t recall that.

2 minutes ago, Tomahawk said:

Wasn't being smug.  My life is full of missteps.  

Do any of them involve Pittsburg State running backs?

I think we are good for now at TE, we have our stud receiving TE I think, bit leap forward from Njoku, and we have a big time blocker from KC that can also be a red zone threat.  Glass man can do for now when he rarely sees the field.

That said, next year we probably need to get a pretty good TE prospect to really develop because we are not going to be able to keep everyone.  I expect Njoku to be one that leaves for the paycheck.

1 minute ago, DizzyDean said:

I think we are good for now at TE, we have our stud receiving TE I think, bit leap forward from Njoku, and we have a big time blocker from KC that can also be a red zone threat.  Glass man can do for now when he rarely sees the field.

That said, next year we probably need to get a pretty good TE prospect to really develop because we are not going to be able to keep everyone.  I expect Njoku to be one that leaves for the paycheck.

Njoku needs to have a really good year to try and demand a high payday.

3 minutes ago, FLAbrownfan said:

Njoku needs to have a really good year to try and demand a high payday.

I think that he does, around 700 to 800 yards and several TDs.  That is rock solid when you consider the other skill players on the roster.

1 minute ago, mistakey said:

i do, i just felt a bit masochistic

Yeah, especially since said nonsense is all still right here to revisit in black and white to find out that it is not nonsense after all, but was dead on the money accurate.  Funny how being right breeds hate and contempt from those that are not right.  :D

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Who?  I don’t recall a single person on this board stating it was a need.  

Don’t be too smug, if you stick around long enough we’ll all get to see many missteps. Unless you just create a new username...

Tayne definitely remembers multiple posters suggesting we get another TE, especially late. It was all pretty reasonable chatter, like "If Josh Oliver is there in the fifth, he could replace injury-prone Devalve." But yeah, several were talking about getting a TE.

And don't worry about T. Hawk; 🌲 and Tayne will show him the ropes.

5 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

Tayne definitely remembers multiple posters suggesting we get another TE, especially late. It was all pretty reasonable chatter, like "If Josh Oliver is there in the fifth, he could replace injury-prone Devalve." But yeah, several were talking about getting a TE.

And don't worry about T. Hawk; 🌲 and Tayne will show him the ropes.

Yeah I’m not arguing that, I was one of them.  I think any position could have been on the table if the right situation arose. Of course that’s a far cry from saying it’s a “need”.

The context of those discussions was based around the idea that guys like DeValve and Charles, both unspectacular and on the final year of their deals, could be replaced if the right opportunity arose. Perhaps it didn’t.  Kahale Warring was one we were supposedly intrigued by, but he went before our 3rd round pick.

https://brownswire.usatoday.com/2019/03/26/san-diego-state-te-kahale-warring-aztecs-pro-day-cleveland-browns/ 

I’m pretty sure every position was discussed at one point or another, it doesn’t mean people were declaring them all a need.

People did say we needed a TE. Others said we didn't because obviously Dorsey likes Harris and Njoku was getting 85% of the P.T. among them anyway.

Joe Hawkins is new, he'll learn that we are subtle when we show people that we were right and they were wrong. Heck, I went into last years draft threads and liked a bunch of posts calling the Browns awful for drafting Baker the bust. Out of respect for the Browns forum dudes I didn't "like it" when Brownie man said it.

See how I was subtle about that?

2 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

People did say we needed a TE. Others said we didn't because obviously Dorsey likes Harris and Njoku was getting 85% of the P.T. among them anyway.

Joe Hawkins is new, he'll learn that we are subtle when we show people that we were right and they were wrong. Heck, I went into last years draft threads and liked a bunch of posts calling the Browns awful for drafting Baker the bust. Out of respect for the Browns forum dudes I didn't "like it" when Brownie man said it.

See how I was subtle about that?

So subtle 

Archived