2020 NFL Draft Discussion

CWood21

2 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

He's a "playmaker". Definitely a football player with a nose for plays. Just watch Michigan and you'll be drawn to him over and over.

I meant to say Jatavis Brown actually. So you think he's a WILL LB that can blitz?

2 minutes ago, festiveonion said:

Cause projecting him is difficult. He’s a box dude. Sub package guy. Leader of that defense. 

I like him, personally. 

Zierlein thinks differently. 

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/khaleke-hudson?id=32194855-4444-8091-9618-834bc38fda6c

Sounds like he could be a ST ace with the ability to fill in at WILL LB in certain packages.

2 minutes ago, Joe said:

I meant to say Jatavis Brown actually. So you think he's a WILL LB that can blitz?

That's probably the best fit, not a guy we've really utilized the last couple years. I don't think I'd ever be comfortable pairing him with a safety. LIS I like him but I let someone else take the gamble and enjoy him from afar.

Remember what Palmy once said, because it makes all the sense in the world. A 6'-2"+ WR, unless he is a one in a million guy,  will always have something missing from his game. It is much harder for taller WR's to run great routes as far as separation is concerned. It's harder for them to be sudden. They have to break down more when making cuts, thus telegraphing the route, making them much easier to cover. Fans want to say match up nightmare, but only in regard to a 50/50 ball. All things being equal, taller WR's are simply an easier assignment. With regard to the video, MVS, ESB, Lazard, or Funchess physically can't do what Jennings does without falling down or getting so low that it makes the move useless (which may be why we see that idiotic end zone fade so much). Personally, I am sooo over the tall wide receiver because he might be better in December in Lambeau thing. 

Edited by cannondale
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Joe said:

Zierlein thinks differently. 

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/khaleke-hudson?id=32194855-4444-8091-9618-834bc38fda6c

Sounds like he could be a ST ace with the ability to fill in at WILL LB in certain packages.

Zierlein said he projects to LB

So we’re in agreement where he should play then... lol 

3 hours ago, Dubz41 said:

Meh.  The only pick I like is Gibson in the 5th.  He could be WR or RB.  Ty Montgomery with speed.

That would be a heck of a draft and I think your dreaming if you think we will/could do better. 

IMO you will feel sick when you see what’s on the board at 30. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cannondale said:

Remember what Palmy once said, because it makes all the sense in the world. A 6'-2"+ WR, unless he is a one in a million guy,  will always have something missing from his game. It is much harder for taller WR's to run great routes as far as separation is concerned. It's harder for them to be sudden. They have to break down more when making cuts, thus telegraphing the route, making them much easier to cover. Fans want to say match up nightmare, but only in regard to a 50/50 ball. All things being equal, taller WR's are simply an easier assignment. With regard to the video, MVS, ESB, Lazard, or Funchess physically can't do what Jennings does without falling down or getting so low that it makes the move useless (which may be why we see that idiotic end zone fade so much). Personally, I am sooo over the tall wide receiver because he might be better in December in Lambeau thing. 

Greg Jennings can't do this. 

It's a horse a piece. A good player uses their strengths to be better and tries to minimize their weaknesses. Your strengths will be different depending on your body.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Greg Jennings can't do this. 

It's a horse a piece. A good player uses their strengths to be better and tries to minimize their weaknesses. Your strengths will be different depending on your body.

I think the move is barely similar. Don't know if that college CB will be working at Home Depot. I would give a huge edge in degree of difficulty to Jennings because Claypool's was a single move after one or two steps. No biggie. You and I could do that. Would need to see how much Claypool needs to break down if he makes that cut after sprinting 10 yards for an out or in or stop route.

Edited by cannondale

20 hours ago, Jaegybomb said:

Justin Jefferson

I started watching some **** finally and Jesus I was just like yeah I get everyone's thinking speed but I feel like if you want a guy that can play right away that we could actually get and AR would trust, how is it not JJ? Underrated him live for sure. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, cannondale said:

I think the move is barely similar. Don't know if that college CB will be working at Home Depot. I would give a huge edge in degree of difficulty to Jennings because Claypool's was a single move after one or two steps. No biggie. You and I could do that. Would need to see how much Claypool needs to break down if he makes that cut after sprinting 10 yards for an out or in or stop route.

Separation is separation, those TDs are both worth 6 points. Degree of difficulty is irrelevant. My point is, no WRs like Claypool, Lazard, Funchess, ESB can probably not stem a route like Greg could, but you try to press them and get your weight out in front of you and they'll throw you on your ***. Separation is all you want, doesn't matter how you get it. Big guys have their own tricks.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, festiveonion said:

I’d love it honestly. 
Though I’d rather go with someone else than Reed if we’re going WR there.

I like Joe Reed around there. Heck, I could see him going round 5. I think he's underrated, a sleeper--which is understandable given this may be the deepest draft for WRs in history. Had a great combine--ran a 4.47 at 6'0, 224pnds with a 38 vertical. Tape shows a great kick returner with great vision and sneaky burst. He can play both WR and RB--be the Packers 5th WR, 3rd RB, and kick returner. Reminds me of a taller version of Cobb. Just my two cents..

Edited by DWhitehurst

14 hours ago, cannondale said:

Out of all the great WRs we’ve had , Driver, Jordy, Davante, there’s nobody that I enjoyed to watch more than Greg Jennings. 

3 hours ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Out of all the great WRs we’ve had , Driver, Jordy, Davante, there’s nobody that I enjoyed to watch more than Greg Jennings. 

Sterling Sharpe.  Career cut short with spinal injury.  He was the best Packer WR in my lifetime, even better than Lofton.

• Like 1