2020 NFL Draft Discussion

CWood21

9 hours ago, squire12 said:

Do we need a DL very high?  If Lowry bounces back and develops an anchor, Adams finally pieces it together, Keke makes a great jump.

Do we need an ILB?  Burks could stay healthy and figure things out, Summers could blossom.

You can play this game at every position.   

True but EQ has a decent rookie season and was looking pretty good with good reviews before he got hurt. Lazard played well and Finches is a nice piece as well.

Lowery has always just been a guy and Adams and Keke have not shown much.

Has Burks done anything to get us excited? 

I understand your point I just feel the young WR’s have shown more promise. 

9 hours ago, MantyWrestler said:

Do we really need a WR very high? If EQ comes back healthy and Lazard and MVS take a step up, even a small one, aren’t we ok there now?

This is exactly what we said last year. Yes, we need a WR. This is a great class for one and adding Funchess changes nothing. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, spilltray said:

EQ was on the bubble and getting hurt might have saved him a chance for next year. Lazard is JAG and expecting MVS to "take a jump" is setting yourself up for disappointment.

I don’t feel EQ was in the bubble. He played well IMO. Lazard and Funches move MVS down to #5 and as for a fifth WR he’s not too bad. I’m looking at the sum of the parts.

I would love to get another piece I’m just not sure he needs to be that high of a pick like a first. Maybe a second but there may be good WR’s from the 3rd round down.  

The offence is one season away from being almost totally devoid of talent. Funchess if he plays good becomes another high priced free agent alongside a brilliant but ageing tackle and an above average centre and our two decent RB's.  We have Rodgers and Adams and we have two guards under contract for the next few years and that is it of note.  This offence needs retooling with Tackles and WR's this year for sure.

6 minutes ago, MantyWrestler said:

I don’t feel EQ was in the bubble. He played well IMO. Lazard and Funches move MVS down to #5 and as for a fifth WR he’s not too bad. I’m looking at the sum of the parts.

I would love to get another piece I’m just not sure he needs to be that high of a pick like a first. Maybe a second but there may be good WR’s from the 3rd round down.  

I don't see it. You have Adams. Funchess is a fine #3. #4-5 are guys like Lazard, MVS, EQ, ect. I don't see a #2 on the roster or a guy that you feel can actually be that guy without just wishing and hoping for no good reason.

18 minutes ago, spilltray said:

I don't see it. You have Adams. Funchess is a fine #3. #4-5 are guys like Lazard, MVS, EQ, ect. I don't see a #2 on the roster or a guy that you feel can actually be that guy without just wishing and hoping for no good reason.

I’d be close to that scenario but I think a little more of Funches and EQ. Both maybe a step above where you would put them. I actually think EQ has #2 potential. 
Adama #1

Funches #2-3

EQ #3 

MVS - Lazard #4

Edit: This group has great hands as well. Adams, EQ, Funches and Lazard all make very nice grabs. 

Who do you want at 30?

Edited by MantyWrestler

I get the feeling the Packers are looking for a hybrid defender early in this draft. Either S/CB,  S/ILB, EDGE/ILB, or EDGE/IDL hybrid. 

My favorites in each position group:

S/CB:

1. Ashtyn Davis

2. Antoine Winfield

3. Terrell Burgess

4. K’von Wallace

5. Julian Blackmon

S/ILB:

1. Isaiah Simmons

2. Xavier McKinney 

3. Jeremy Chinn

4. Akeem Davis-Gaither

5. Kyle Dugger

6. Tanner Muse

EDGE/ILB:

1. Zach Baun

2. Josh Uche

3. Anfernee Jennings

EDGE/IDL:

1. AJ Epenesa 

2. Marlon Davidson 

3. Yetur Gross-Matos

4. Khalid Kareem

5. McTelvin Agim

Any names I’m forgetting or should be taking a look at?

I don't really know the board well enough this year, just no time to dive in. Ideally I'd like an OT/DT in the first and a WR in the 2nd or 3rd.

I don't think Funchess got a near minimum deal, and that's pretty fair. He's a body with some skills but not a guy you want out there every play. EQ, I just don't see it. Sure he's athletic, but there have been tons of guys with physical ability. Dare I envoke the name "Janis"? I've seen nothing from him in camp or on the field to make me think he's going to be a serious contributor.

From 2018

There's perhaps no greater trial by fire in the NFL than a rookie receiver hearing his number called in a two-minute situation.

A little more than a week ago, Equanimeous St. Brown was thrust into that exact predicament with the Packers needing a field goal to complete a comeback victory over the San Francisco 49ers in front of 77,642 at Lambeau Field. A rookie sixth-round pick out of Notre Dame, St. Brown ran a perfect route to the sideline and turned his head quick enough to bring in a 19-yard pass from quarterback Aaron Rodgers at the San Francisco 28-yard line with 11 seconds remaining.

The play helped continue a 10-play, 81-yard scoring series that culminated in a Mason Crosby 27-yard game-winning field goal as time expired to send the Packers into their Week 7 bye with an emotional 33-30 win over the 49ers.

iqjwgbtti9bzaxoxtu8y.jpg

"His growth since he's gotten here is one of the biggest that I've seen since I've been in Green Bay," receiver Davante Adams said of St. Brown. "(He was) a guy with a lot of talent when he stepped in here. He needed to get polished up a little bit and he's made tremendous strides, plays incredibly fast and he makes plays

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, spilltray said:

Ok and? You see fluff pieces like that all the time. I don't see it on the field.

If this is what you see: "He was in the scrum at the bottom with MVS, Kumerow, and Trevor Davis for the last 2 spots IMO"

Schedule a vision check when this is all over. The Doctor could probably use the appointment.