Lets Discuss All Things Wrestling - Even The T-Shirt Company AEW!

steelcurtain29

Darby Allen is a complete joke in the ring. But overall still loving this new intensity AEW has been bringing past few weeks.

How WWE let Conti go is beyond me. Shes young, and shes a superstar in the making.

Love the diversity Bear Country brings to the tag division. Theyre a couple big guys that seem to work well with smaller. Usually the styles clash and it hurts the product. But thats a good team that looked better with Jungle Jack in the ring than Luchasaurus.

And liking how storylines arnt being forgotten. Best Friends vs Death Triangle feud picking back up now Trent has returned. Im all ready for that.

Edited by PARROTHEAD

3 hours ago, Troy Brown said:

yeah the main event was convoluted and did not come off how they wanted it to. don't really understand it but whatever. AEW has so much going on that a weird main event doesn't really turn me off to the show.

I love the Acclaimed even if Caster ain't great in the ring. Page gotta be one of the best in ring dudes going right now on any continent, tho. 

Didn't like Jericho's promo at all, but still love this program. I think this would be the time to start layering the inner circle and letting the others show a little personality, I think Ortiz is probably capable of putting in some promo work during these segments

Drake vs Darby was essentially the same style match as Silver/Darby and that's a little annoying but they deserve time to build the narrative of Darby getting his *** beat and it's getting eyes on guys like Silver to work a different style and new eyes on Drake at all, so those are good things. They are good matches. 

I didn't like Bear Country/Jurassic Express, I think Luchasaurus sucks and Bear Country ain't the most polished either. 

My favorite part of the show was Best Friends interrupting death triangle. Pixies theme is awesome. I also really liked the QT promo, he was clearly helped by the pre-taped nature of the promo cause it was real good. Ogogo also looks like money and sounds like money, this has gotta be a vessel for Ogogo to take off

It was a step down compared to the past couple weeks but the character work is still strong. 

I forgot about Caster and Page. I am a huge fan of the Acclaimed. 

And as I said last week, I def am in on the Cody vs his students feud. Just wish it wasn't QT the guy heading it. 

So there’s been like 1.4-1.5 million viewers on Weds watching AEW and NXT. 

Now that NXT will be on Tuesday’s , what should be the baseline number for AEW? If they don’t draw a million that would be a major cause for concern . They should break a million /1.1 for awhile and if they’re going to grow, now is the time . If the 200-300k people who watched NXT and who I think will watch AEW like the show, then they prob will talk it up to the wwe fans who watch Raw and SD and that’s how AEW will grow . 

does anyone have a different 

On 4/7/2021 at 10:39 AM, MikeT14 said:

I enjoyed anything Seth Rollins, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Styles, Kofi, Orton put out over Reigns. 

Let the fans help decide, like they did with Bryan, rather than forcing Reigns down everyone's throats. 

Again, haven't really watched in the last couple years, but it doesn't sound like Reigns is over at all. 

I'm not a Roman fan at all but he's a much better option than any of those guys. Ziggler and Kofi are too far gone to be The Guy. Styles is going to retire soon. Who knows what Bryans plans are? Maybe he stays, maybe he leaves, maybe he retires? Orton surely doesn't want to have all that responsibility this late into his career. That leaves Seth, and Roman is a straight up better choice to be the face of a company than Seth. 

14 hours ago, Rainmaker90 said:

So there’s been like 1.4-1.5 million viewers on Weds watching AEW and NXT. 

Now that NXT will be on Tuesday’s , what should be the baseline number for AEW? If they don’t draw a million that would be a major cause for concern . They should break a million /1.1 for awhile and if they’re going to grow, now is the time . If the 200-300k people who watched NXT and who I think will watch AEW like the show, then they prob will talk it up to the wwe fans who watch Raw and SD and that’s how AEW will grow . 

does anyone have a different 

Nothing could hurt AEW. Theyre on a 60m a year contract. WWE are the ones that suckered Fox and NBC out a few billion.

But AEW should hit 1.1-1.2 fairly easy. 70% of NXTs viewership is made up of those 49 and older. That crowd is going to follow any wrestling on without bias towards a brand name.

2 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Nothing could hurt AEW. Theyre on a 60m a year contract. WWE are the ones that suckered Fox and NBC out a few billion.

But AEW should hit 1.1-1.2 fairly easy. 70% of NXTs viewership is made up of those 49 and older. That crowd is going to follow any wrestling on without bias towards a brand name.

They absolutely need to grow their audience, and this maybe their best shot at doing so. It's very expensive to run a wrestling company (hence why many have tried and failed, and recently there hasn't been many professional promotions. ) 

Do I think they'll hit 1-1.2 sooner than later, I do. I don't think there's strong 'brand loyalty' to WWE as there is AEW. Meaning, I can see more AEW fans intentionally not watching WWE products than WWE fans intentionally not watching AEW. 

On 4/8/2021 at 9:45 AM, PARROTHEAD said:

Darby Allen is a complete joke in the ring. But overall still loving this new intensity AEW has been bringing past few weeks.

How WWE let Conti go is beyond me. Shes young, and shes a superstar in the making.

Love the diversity Bear Country brings to the tag division. Theyre a couple big guys that seem to work well with smaller. Usually the styles clash and it hurts the product. But thats a good team that looked better with Jungle Jack in the ring than Luchasaurus.

And liking how storylines arnt being forgotten. Best Friends vs Death Triangle feud picking back up now Trent has returned. Im all ready for that.

Say what? Darby is one of their better performers. His matches are very similar him fighting from underneath, but he lays in his s***

5 hours ago, Rainmaker90 said:

They absolutely need to grow their audience, and this maybe their best shot at doing so. It's very expensive to run a wrestling company (hence why many have tried and failed, and recently there hasn't been many professional promotions. ) 

Do I think they'll hit 1-1.2 sooner than later, I do. I don't think there's strong 'brand loyalty' to WWE as there is AEW. Meaning, I can see more AEW fans intentionally not watching WWE products than WWE fans intentionally not watching AEW. 

Thats why I keyed in on the 49 and older demo. Theyre not watching with the childish attitudes of having to pick a side. AEW wont jump so much in the key demo. But overall theyll jump because of the older crowd.

4 hours ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Say what? Darby is one of their better performers. His matches are very similar him fighting from underneath, but he lays in his s***

The worst thing about Darby. Is he says all the right things in interviews. About how selling and storytelling matters in matches and such. Then goes out and does none of it.

He just needs to do a promo where Jade Cargill comes out. 

2 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

The worst thing about Darby. Is he says all the right things in interviews. About how selling and storytelling matters in matches and such. Then goes out and does none of it.

He just needs to do a promo where Jade Cargill comes out. 

He is doing that. They are trying to build a narrative that Darby can take an *** beating and come out on top. It's been two long matches of him selling and being destroyed. You might not like the psychology, I know I don't, but it's there. Darby the wrestler is pretty great, certainly doesn't suck. Crisp, sells well and a lot, and can wrestle on the mat. 

3 hours ago, Troy Brown said:

He is doing that. They are trying to build a narrative that Darby can take an *** beating and come out on top. It's been two long matches of him selling and being destroyed. You might not like the psychology, I know I don't, but it's there. Darby the wrestler is pretty great, certainly doesn't suck. Crisp, sells well and a lot, and can wrestle on the mat. 

There was a part in the match. Where he took a move from the top. Then a cannonball in the corner. And he kicks out to instantly go on offense, wide open. Thats not selling. Sure he can sell 5 seconds of pain here and there. But when the tide turns in a match. Theres no slowing down to recuperate. Theyre instantly wide open like they wernt just pounded on and taking heavy impact shots for 5 mins. But that goes for all of AEW.  Theyd rather have more moves crammed in that 30-60 second spot rather than sell the comeback story.

11 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

There was a part in the match. Where he took a move from the top. Then a cannonball in the corner. And he kicks out to instantly go on offense, wide open. Thats not selling. Sure he can sell 5 seconds of pain here and there. But when the tide turns in a match. Theres no slowing down to recuperate. Theyre instantly wide open like they wernt just pounded on and taking heavy impact shots for 5 mins. But that goes for all of AEW.  Theyd rather have more moves crammed in that 30-60 second spot rather than sell the comeback story.

That's also WWE and NWA and ROH. That's modern wrestling and you know it. Darby's matches speed up towards the end like ALL NXT matches but for the first 10 mins, he's getting his whole *** beat and selling the whole time

6 minutes ago, Troy Brown said:

That's also WWE and NWA and ROH. That's modern wrestling and you know it. Darby's matches speed up towards the end like ALL NXT matches but for the first 10 mins, he's getting his whole *** beat and selling the whole time

My problem is that he says it is an issue. Has creative input in his matches. And still does it. I posted about what he said many pages back. If its his matches with his input. Fix it. Its different for the Bucks and those guys cause theyre too stupid to realize it. But Darby has come out and talked about it. So I want to expect better out of him like we get out of Jungle Jack and MJF. But hes not backing up his words.