Lets Discuss All Things Wrestling - Even The T-Shirt Company AEW!

steelcurtain29

AEW could have had a huge card to carryover the ratings. But they sideline their biggest stars and run the same belt chase as the ME.

Dont get why they insist on scenes that make zero sense. Shaq vanished from the ambulance. Now after BC is in the trailer, looking out the window at the honking horn and revving engine. Theyre not in the trailer. Why not have them in there? Couple lackies take heavy punishment while Kenny and the Good Brothers get away.

The women had the best match of the night. Though Conti should have sold that turnbelt maneuver longer than 10 seconds before performing moves that needs her back to pull off. Such a great move rendered pointless. Why even bother setting it up anymore when you could pull 5 other moves off in the time it takes to apply it? But solid match otherwise.

21 hours ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Best part of the night was The Bucks including themselves in the NJPW boom . I legit laughed out loud. Kenny, absolutely. Absolutely. The Bucks were bottom of the card Juniors who were best known for being Kenny’s buddies. 

Laughable. Bullet Club doesn't reach half the heights it did without YB. New Japan doesn't reach near it's US audience without Bullet Club. 

Solid Dynamite. Nothing really stuck out to me beside Conti. Not digging the Jericho portion of this IC/Pinnacle program but at least Santana got some mic time. 

It also feels pretty fast for this wargames match and I've gotta imagine the pinnacle wins prolonging a jericho/mjf program and proud and powerful/ftr but i'd bet blood n guts is a hell of a match.

1 hour ago, Troy Brown said:

Laughable. Bullet Club doesn't reach half the heights it did without YB. New Japan doesn't reach near it's US audience without Bullet Club. 

That’s not true. Bullet Club is not as over in NJPW as people think. Kenny was the guy. Point blank . The Bucks were a junior tag team, which in NJPW is the bottom of importance. Like I said, they were best known for accompanying Kenny. NJPW Dj’s not aggressively try to resign The Bucks, because they weren’t worth what they were asking in Japan. 

14 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Well, I mean, wrestling is dying in general. It's not just WWE. People don't care about it anymore.

Yup. Nobody buys the characters anymore because it's phony and the wrestlers don't care about their personas/ how they're looked at by the  public

7 hours ago, Rainmaker90 said:

That’s not true. Bullet Club is not as over in NJPW as people think. Kenny was the guy. Point blank . The Bucks were a junior tag team, which in NJPW is the bottom of importance. Like I said, they were best known for accompanying Kenny. NJPW Dj’s not aggressively try to resign The Bucks, because they weren’t worth what they were asking in Japan. 

Breh they were planning an entire USA expansion over the general popularity of the bullet club. The bullet club was the hottest thing in wrestling. 

57 minutes ago, Troy Brown said:

Breh they were planning an entire USA expansion over the general popularity of the bullet club. The bullet club was the hottest thing in wrestling. 

Kenny was the guy to build in the US. The Bucks were just an interchangeable piece. 

I'm telling you, there's been a lot of 'go home' heat with Bullet Club throughout the years. They're not the hot group in Japan. 

2 hours ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Kenny was the guy to build in the US. The Bucks were just an interchangeable piece. 

I'm telling you, there's been a lot of 'go home' heat with Bullet Club throughout the years. They're not the hot group in Japan. 

Doesn't matter about in Japan, NJPW reached unprecedented levels of popularity in North America in large part due to the Young Bucks. Not giving them all of the credit, but I think you're giving them way too little

39 minutes ago, Troy Brown said:

Doesn't matter about in Japan, NJPW reached unprecedented levels of popularity in North America in large part due to the Young Bucks. Not giving them all of the credit, but I think you're giving them way too little

Eh, tbh I don’t know how the Japanese style would appeal to the casual American audience . I do believe the disenfranchised American wrestling fans would like it , but not the people who watch now. 

13 hours ago, Troy Brown said:

NJPW didn't even like the young bucks. They basically accepted them and crowned them to get Kenny Omega over for a while. Bucks are a clown show and continue to prove it. Are they entertaining? Sure. None of their matches don't make sense. Spot. Spot. Spot. Kick out. Spot. Kick out. Spot. Kick out. Kick out... 1,2,3

3 hours ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Eh, tbh I don’t know how the Japanese style would appeal to the casual American audience . I do believe the disenfranchised American wrestling fans would like it , but not the people who watch now. 

But doesn't change that NJPW did experience unprecedented levels of popularity in North America during the height of the Bullet Club. You don't have to like the Young Bucks to admit that, I don't think it's debatable. 

I'm not saying the Young Bucks are gods that brought wrestling to life, but to pretend like they didn't have a hand in the NJPW boom a few years ago would be real stubborn.

9 hours ago, Troy Brown said:

But doesn't change that NJPW did experience unprecedented levels of popularity in North America during the height of the Bullet Club. You don't have to like the Young Bucks to admit that, I don't think it's debatable. 

I'm not saying the Young Bucks are gods that brought wrestling to life, but to pretend like they didn't have a hand in the NJPW boom a few years ago would be real stubborn.

They deserve a ton of credit for ROH’s popularity. They did well for themselves . I was a huge YB fans for awhile. Went to see them in Buffalo twice.  In Japan they were just friends with the guy who caused the boom. 
 I don’t think that all/most of ROHs Elite/Bullet Club fans crossed over to NJPW. They were different. In America The Bucks were a main event team in ROH. In Japan , 90% of the time they were the 1st or 2nd match . 

Cant absolve them of all credit but The Bucks weren’t the attraction that drew eyes over. Nobody stopped watching NJPW because they’re not there. 

6 hours ago, Rainmaker90 said:

They deserve a ton of credit for ROH’s popularity. They did well for themselves . I was a huge YB fans for awhile. Went to see them in Buffalo twice.  In Japan they were just friends with the guy who caused the boom. 
 I don’t think that all/most of ROHs Elite/Bullet Club fans crossed over to NJPW. They were different. In America The Bucks were a main event team in ROH. In Japan , 90% of the time they were the 1st or 2nd match . 

Cant absolve them of all credit but The Bucks weren’t the attraction that drew eyes over. Nobody stopped watching NJPW because they’re not there. 

"friends with guys who caused the boom" still is entirely ignoring their hand in the Bullet Club which was undoubtedly the reason for the spike in NJPW business.