Lets Discuss All Things Wrestling - Even The T-Shirt Company AEW!

steelcurtain29

25 minutes ago, Edge said:

AEW's rating is in. 1,219 million viewers with a 0,44 in the demo. 😮 I didn't expect that much. Next week will be super interesting, when the card isn't as stacked as it was this week.

http://www.showbuzzdaily.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/04/2021-Apr-14-WED-Final-Cable.png

Thats a very good number for them. Very good, I hope it sticks. 

WWE is so f****** dumb. 

Samoa Joe is still one of the best overall wrestlers in the world. 

The Iconics would/will be perfect in AEW . Royce will be there 99% with Spears there. 

This is why AEW needs to trim the fat. Andrade, Joe and The Iconics would be great acquisitions for AEW

• Like 1

On 4/17/2021 at 12:23 PM, Deadpulse said:

just got around to watching NXT from this past week. I was not pumped for the mixed tag match but I loved it. They did such a good job of subverting the archaic intergender rules in WWE

NXT is super hit or miss for me. I did enjoy that match (never enjoy the comedy trash). As far as pure wrestling goes, it's NXT by a landslide. As far as unpredictabiliyy and what to expect, it's AEW all the way. I'm an AEW fan but sometimes that show is a complete train wreck of goofy stuff. 

Edited by baltimoreRebel

On 4/20/2021 at 1:45 PM, Rainmaker90 said:

Raw drew a 1.9 WITHOUT FOOTBALL. 

AEW drew a 1.2.... with more potential Wednesday viewers.

Is it inconceivable to think AEW outdraws Raw in a year , maybe two??

RAW's a trash show that hasn't had an interesting storyline on it in forever and very much feels like "The Vince Show" in terms of the stuff that Vince, Bruce, and Kevin Dunn go gaga for.  I won't be shocked if, come draft time, there isn't major lobbying by a number of veterans with any cache to be put on Smackdown, which is doing a much better job of providing cohesive stories and coming off less gimmicked.  As a Keith Lee fan, I consider it a blessing in disguise that he hasn't been on TV since January because, being on RAW, it would only stand to do more harm to him and his product than good.

RAW writers (and really, I have trouble holding it against the writers since we know who has the final say-so on what hits air and will dismiss good ideas just because they aren't what he wants or he doesn't get it) can't get out of their own way - even when something is doing badly and they're presented with a way to get a clean break from it... and then they just double-down.  Beating RAW may mean something reputationally because of past history, but in present context, it's the equivalent of beating the 2010's Cleveland Browns.

Edited by Dr LBC

15 minutes ago, Dr LBC said:

RAW's a trash show that hasn't had an interesting storyline on it in forever and very much feels like "The Vince Show" in terms of the stuff that Vince, Bruce, and Kevin Dunn go gaga for.  I won't be shocked if, come draft time, there isn't major lobbying by a number of veterans with any cache to be put on Smackdown, which is doing a much better job of providing cohesive stories and coming off less gimmicked.  As a Keith Lee fan, I consider it a blessing in disguise that he hasn't been on TV since January because, being on RAW, it would only stand to do more harm to him and his product than good.

RAW writers (and really, I have trouble holding it against the writers since we know who has the final say-so on what hits air and will dismiss good ideas just because they aren't what he wants or he doesn't get it) can't get out of their own way - even when something is doing badly and they're presented with a way to get a clean break from it... and then they just double-down.  Beating RAW may mean something reputationally because of past history, but in present context, it's the equivalent of beating the 2010's Cleveland Browns.

There are times where I’d like to watch wrestling where I don’t need to pay full attention ( anything but NJPW basically) I CANNOT watch RAW or SD even looking for a mindless show. 

I enjoy AEW. I’m entertained by it. There’s A LOT wrong with AEW. But there’s always some things on the show to like, it’s not monotonous, it’s creative ( sometimes overly ). I never feel like I’ve wasted time . I do not get how anyone could watch WWE over AEW. I just can’t. You may like some WWE guys, but the shows are very different. AEW is the better show

Pretty good show last night. 

really liked the women , Starks vs Hangman, Jungle Boy vs Darby ( idk why they continue to make things more complicated with everyone coming out) Hobbs  vs Christian was great. Hobbs is getting it more and more. 

Im curious when they’re starting Kenny and Hangman. Their next ppv is in like a month I believe . I think it’s a story that can/should be told for a good amount of time . 

QT needs to get out of the ring. I’m fine with the ‘Tony Soprano’ thing they’re pushing , but Tony was a fat loser who only had any status due to his position. 

Best part of the night was The Bucks including themselves in the NJPW boom . I legit laughed out loud. Kenny, absolutely. Absolutely. The Bucks were bottom of the card Juniors who were best known for being Kenny’s buddies.