Lets Discuss All Things Wrestling - Even The T-Shirt Company AEW!

steelcurtain29

21 hours ago, Troy Brown said:

Went to my first Dynamite last night in NC. P cool. Obvi way less energy than the PPVs I've been to but a good time. HOOK is really over

Yeah ive been to 5 different Events with AEW

3 dynamites and 2 PPVs (DON 2021, Fyter Fest 19)

And by far the PPVs are way more fun and louder, even tho the new years Dynamite before covid was fantastic, but nothing will beat DON this year.

I was at AEW last night and it was very good, the Jade match sucked and killed the whole crowd and from where i was sitting i had no idea who attacked rosa til i saw on twitter.

Main Event was great, opening match was great, jericho return was awesome, but really dynamite was topped by the Street fight and the TNT title match on rampage afterwards, crowd was hot for both matches and man was it fun to boo cody.

Only 50 bucks for my ticket and it was worth every cent.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/29/2021 at 6:04 PM, Jeezla said:

This is my first time watching Thunder Rosa. She's Brie Bella level garbage.

Far be it from me to defend AEW's women's division (which ain't great outside of a few talents - but it's booked even worse... way to go, Kenny!), but Thunder Rosa was have to lead that match and Jade is greener than green - she means well, I suppose, but that they put a title on her this quickly is just sad.  In fact, the botched spot in the title match with Ruby where Ruby had to climb down from the top rope after Jade couldn't even stumble into the right location to take the next bump encapsulated that perfectly.

Rosa is a fantastic worker, but as someone that's watched her NWA and stuff from Mexico (her Lucha Underground stuff was alright, but she was still getting her feet wet there, herself) pretty extensively, I feel safe saying she's not a stellar leader of a match - honestly, it's why she wasn't featured as a rudo in Mexico, where the heel's calling the match is still pretty standard faire.

Also, no one is going to convince me otherwise that after Vince and Bruce have more or less turned NXT into 1990's WWF Saturday Morning Superstars at Hunter's expense, that Hunter isn't the one that floated the Gunther Stark name chance for Walter as a pseudo-rib, knowing that if Vince actually follows through with trying to market an Austrian wrestler with a military-ish gimmick that is then renamed with the name of a Nazi u-boat commander, Hunter and the rest of the kids will have all the ammo they'd need to go in front of the shareholders and get Vince declared mentally-unfit to chair the company and forced into retirement.

7 minutes ago, Dr LBC said:

Also, no one is going to convince me otherwise that after Vince and Bruce have more or less turned NXT into 1990's WWF Saturday Morning Superstars at Hunter's expense, that Hunter isn't the one that floated the Gunther Stark name chance for Walter as a pseudo-rib, knowing that if Vince actually follows through with trying to market an Austrian wrestler with a military-ish gimmick that is then renamed with the name of a Nazi u-boat commander, Hunter and the rest of the kids will have all the ammo they'd need to go in front of the shareholders and get Vince declared mentally-unfit to chair the company and forced into retirement.

That's just absurd enough to be real

On 1/21/2022 at 11:52 PM, beekay414 said:

I've tried and tried and tried but Moxley does nothing for me.

That last promo on Dynamite was actually the most I've cared about him in a while, but I'm with you on him still just falling stale to me.  He's capable - or at least I thought he was - of being in the transcendent territory of characters (his in-ring work is never going to get there, but it could still be sufficient with the right character).  But for a while it felt like he was just doing a knockoff Eddie Kingston gimmick, then Kingston came in a showed the original was always better than any knockoff, and now he's coming off like a cheap Steve Corino (and I'm not talking the King of Old School gimmick, but when Steve was doing the Extreme Horsemen crap and it just felt like he was doing ultra-violence for the sake of giving the fans ultra-violence, not because it actually added anything to the story or his character - which he'd done in the past and made it all the more frustrating).

• Like 1