Lets Discuss All Things Wrestling - Even The T-Shirt Company AEW!

steelcurtain29

1 hour ago, beekay414 said:

I haven't watched much lately due to work and college basketball but with the Lesnar vs Reigns match, are they actually unifying the titles back into one main title?

Yes and maybe.  They're unifying the WWE and Universal Championships.  Whether that stops them from just axing the "Universal" designation to a title, going with WWE Champion, and bringing back a World Championship or a RAW/Smackdown Heavyweight championship is wholly up in the air.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dr LBC said:

Honestly, while I feel like he could end up back as Stardust at some point, Vince and Bruce are petty enough that I think they're going to initially run with him as specifically Cody Rhodes, the former EVP of the rival promotion (I don't think they'll script him to acknowledge them by name - whether he does or not is anyone's guess), to the point where I won't be surprised if they use the same theme (I believe Cody owns the rights) or at least the rising, center-stage entrance that he used in AEW.  Vince isn't one to acknowledge the competition as an equal, but he is exactly the type of guy to take potshots at people that have taken them at him.

I just don't think it'll matter as much as it could given Cody had lost all of his good will with the AEW fanbase. It just means way more for WWE than it does to AEW, imo. I still even think it could be a work somehow. Cody leaves for WWE and comes back as an actual heel. 

I like Cody. He's just an odd guy

9 hours ago, Dr LBC said:

Yes and maybe.  They're unifying the WWE and Universal Championships.  Whether that stops them from just axing the "Universal" designation to a title, going with WWE Champion, and bringing back a World Championship or a RAW/Smackdown Heavyweight championship is wholly up in the air.

I hope they do and, with that, re-design the belt. 

4 minutes ago, OkeyDoke21 said:

Any chance that it is HHH facing Rollins, and the whole retirement angle was just a work? 

It would be fun if it was a work and Trips attacks Seth from behind and Cody comes in for the save and then Seth turns on Cody. Triple Threat night 2

but no, Trips announcement wasn't a work IMO