Lets Discuss All Things Wrestling - Even The T-Shirt Company AEW!

steelcurtain29

The trios tag was pretty fun. Sting is just going to keep jumping off stuff till he breaks a hip isn’t he? Although didn’t care much. About the outcome, solid match but also seemed obvious this was a spot to get NJPW a pin. 

Still super confusing why we were getting that Womens Title match. They really need to figure out what to do with Thunder Rosa as the Champ, or transition it off of her. Although isn’t she making. A Japan tour soon? I guess that explains this match and why she still has the title. 

Super excited to see what story they tell in this Osprey/Cassidy match

49 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

Super excited to see what story they tell in this Osprey/Cassidy match

Match was great. Surpassed my expectations. Very fun to see Osprey play into Cassidy

And although it was the wrestling worlds worst kept secret, love seeing Claudio there as the next member in the BCC. There will be plenty that don’t like the ZSJ style, but I always enjoy it. He’s so smooth with it. 

I can totally get being underwhelmed by the card and the build up but can't imagine a wrestling fan not enjoying that. It wasn't the greatest PPV ever but from start to finish everything was pretty darn good at worst and there was something for everyone. 

• Like 1

The card was weak but almost every match delivered.

The only letdowns for me were:

The women's title match

Cesaro signing with AEW.

Cesaro is exactly the kind of guy MJF was ****ting on in his promo. A ex-WWE guy who probably got paid a ton to be a boring guy who can wrestle but doesn't move the needle at all, which AEW has in spades. 

Take the money that's being wasted on Cesaro, The Hardy's, Andrade, Hager, Samoe Joe, Big Show, Brian Cage, Sydal and Dark Order then give it to Jay White and Will Ospreay.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

Cesaro signing with AEW.

Cesaro is exactly the kind of guy MJF was ****ting on in his promo. A ex-WWE guy who probably got paid a ton to be a boring guy who can wrestle but doesn't move the needle at all, which AEW has in spades. 

I mean you are correct, nothing you say here he all that arguable (other than Needle moving, that crowd loved it) But Claudio feels different than like the Hardy's or Big Show, even Moxley. He is much more in the vein of Danielson and Punk to me (which granted are still what his promo was about) where he was his own phenomenon in Chikara, and WWE never figured out. But your point still remains

36 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

Take the money that's being wasted on Cesaro, The Hardy's, Andrade, Hager, Samoe Joe, Big Show, Brian Cage, Sydal and Dark Order then give it to Jay White and Will Ospreay.

The AEW roster is completely bloated, no doubt there. But first off are Ospreay or White even interested? Are they Interested without brining all of their guys along with them? I dont think its as simple as just throw them in there. I think eventually they will be in AEW, but I'd like to see AEW really get their footing and have them really upturn the apple cart when they do crash in.

Side note, as great as Jay White is (and he is damn good) I think Jay White thinks he is even better than that, which is a razor thin line to walk, because you cant put out one single sub par performance 

Edited by StLunatic88

2 hours ago, StLunatic88 said:

I mean you are correct, nothing you say here he all that arguable (other than Needle moving, that crowd loved it) But Claudio feels different than like the Hardy's or Big Show, even Moxley. He is much more in the vein of Danielson and Punk to me (which granted are still what his promo was about) where he was his own phenomenon in Chikara, and WWE never figured out. But your point still remains

The AEW roster is completely bloated, no doubt there. But first off are Ospreay or White even interested? Are they Interested without brining all of their guys along with them? I dont think its as simple as just throw them in there. I think eventually they will be in AEW, but I'd like to see AEW really get their footing and have them really upturn the apple cart when they do crash in.

Side note, as great as Jay White is (and he is damn good) I think Jay White thinks he is even better than that, which is a razor thin line to walk, because you cant put out one single sub par performance 

Cesaro is in the vein of too many past signings. He's a great wrestler who offers nothing else, and he's 41 so there isn't a ton of room to grow. He's their nth "solid hand" guy. He's just lucky Mox/Bryan gave him an opening into their club where they can cover his weaknesses or he'd be lost in the shuffle like Andrade or Miro in no time. Mox is multiple tiers above Cesaro. He has a character and can talk. That's why he's been a bigger deal for the last decade and probably makes double what Cesaro does. 

I doubt Ospreay or White are available currently, I'm just saying instead of splurging on more guys who can only wrestle, get guys who have it all or can grow into having it all. I'd be surprised if they weren't interested. Jay lives in Florida. You'd make it work to get those two. They already outclass 95% of the roster and neither is 30 yet. AEW has plenty of elite wrestling talent, they need more guys who can talk, and to nurture the guys they have. Guys like Cesaro, Hardy's, Joe and Hager only take time away from guys like Wheeler, Sammy, Starks, and JB. There's a reason why MJF stands out, Punk stands out, Mox stands out, Eddie stands out, or even Orange Cassidy stands out, and it's not because of their wrestling.

15 hours ago, Bullet Club said:

The card was weak but almost every match delivered.

The only letdowns for me were:

The women's title match

Cesaro signing with AEW.

agree.. i'd dump cesaro, andrade, keith lee, lance archer, luchasaurus, kyle o'reilly, wheeler yuta, trent beretta, tony nese, scorpio sky, satnam singh, samoa joe, qt marshall, big show, nick comoroto, aaron solo, matt sydal, the hardy boys, private party, lee johnson, griff garrison, kazarian, christopher daniels, sonny kiss, serpentico, preston vance, luther, chuck taylor, brian cage, bobby fish, butcher and the blade, angelico... as well as abadon, anna jay, riho, tay conti, ruby soho, serena deeb and toni storm... 

bring in juice robinson, will ospreay, bray wyatt, dalton castle, enzo amore, briscoe brothers, mance warner, dakota kai, lana, mickie james, tegan nox... jay white on the mic doesn't do it for me 

4 hours ago, FinneasGage said:

agree.. i'd dump cesaro, andrade, keith lee, lance archer, luchasaurus, kyle o'reilly, wheeler yuta, trent beretta, tony nese, scorpio sky, satnam singh, samoa joe, qt marshall, big show, nick comoroto, aaron solo, matt sydal, the hardy boys, private party, lee johnson, griff garrison, kazarian, christopher daniels, sonny kiss, serpentico, preston vance, luther, chuck taylor, brian cage, bobby fish, butcher and the blade, angelico... as well as abadon, anna jay, riho, tay conti, ruby soho, serena deeb and toni storm... 

bring in juice robinson, will ospreay, bray wyatt, dalton castle, enzo amore, briscoe brothers, mance warner, dakota kai, lana, mickie james, tegan nox... jay white on the mic doesn't do it for me 

I wasn't a Jay White guy but he's won me over lately, and a lor of it has been on the mic. I'd love Tegan to join AEW.

On 6/28/2022 at 2:51 AM, FinneasGage said:

Do you like Seth Rollins?

17 minutes ago, FinneasGage said:

he's boring and kinda script-y on the mic to me. drew mcintyre vibes on the mic

idk man, i don't think any of those new japan dudes are bad promos. i feel the exact opposite, that he sounds off the cuff usually. idk if it's because they don't cut promos in the ring like US style but guys like zack sabre, prince devitt, kenny, jay white, chuck and trent, juice robinson, even ospreay are badass promos in japan for me