Lets Discuss All Things Wrestling - Even The T-Shirt Company AEW!

steelcurtain29

1 hour ago, Troy Brown said:

Yeah agreed but it just looks less meaningful when there's a different belt every segment. 

It really does. 

Maybe its time to expand Rampage, I think their TV deals are about to be reupped, so that could be coming. Rampage features the TNT title and Dynamite features the All Atlantic. 

The other option I see is that this is a reverse card from AEW. They feature so many titles from other promotions from around the world. Maybe the intention here is that the AA is barely on AEW television and is instead defended all over the place. Jump from a program in AAA to MLW to NJPW etc etc. 

14 hours ago, Troy Brown said:

I don't like AEW having so many belts. Now they're adding another singles belt. The ROH/FTW/Owen Hart belts are just too much. 

Eh, I dont agree. They really dont have all that many. The Owen belts really are just trophies. Its like when he used to carry around his Slammy. Now you could argue that they should have done something other than Belts, but they arent going to be defended, and will just be used for them to hold over other people.

And Speaking of, the FTW belt is basically the same thing. Not sure why people bring it up as "one of the belts" as its not really up for competition in any meaningful way

Yes the ROH belts make it weird, but you have to assume this is a temporary thing. So thats really only the World Championship, the TNT (TV) title, Tag Belts, and now this All-Atlantic. As far as "AEW" Titles go, its not much.

Ive seen this complaint a bunch, so its not just you, but your problem is more with the booking, not so much with the number of titles. If the FTW title was actually defended and moved around, they wouldnt need this. But I dont expect them to do that, its basically another Dimond Ring

14 hours ago, Troy Brown said:

I don't like AEW having so many belts. Now they're adding another singles belt. The ROH/FTW/Owen Hart belts are just too much. 

Eh, I dont agree. They really dont have all that many. The Owen belts really are just trophies. Its like when he used to carry around his Slammy. Now you could argue that they should have done something other than Belts, but they arent going to be defended, and will just be used for them to hold over other people.

And Speaking of, the FTW belt is basically the same thing. Not sure why people bring it up as "one of the belts" as its not really up for competition in any meaningful way

Yes the ROH belts make it weird, but you have to assume this is a temporary thing. So thats really only the World Championship, the TNT (TV) title, Tag Belts, and now this All-Atlantic. As far as "AEW" Titles go, its not much.

Ive seen this complaint a bunch, so its not just you, but your problem is more with the booking, not so much with the number of titles. If the FTW title was actually defended and moved around, they wouldnt need this. But I dont expect them to do that, its basically another Dimond Ring

2 hours ago, StLunatic88 said:

It's the aesthetic of it. I understand they aren't "real belts" but that is actually another 7 belts on TV when the company only has five of their own. It makes it harder for me to care about their own belts, especially after botching the TNT scene since Miro.

I obviously do understand your point but it's just another reason AEW feels clunky to me right now. Just too crowded imo

Edited by Troy Brown

17 hours ago, Troy Brown said:

Yeah, I mean. it's stuff like this that makes me feel like Tony thinks he's running a real life e-fed.

2 hours ago, StLunatic88 said:

Except that's the thing, the FTW title and the Dynamite Diamond actually serve(d) storyline purposes.  Bringing in another belt just because takes the shine off of what impact the FTW title and the carrier has.  The Dynamite Diamond, more than likely, is a thing of the past - even as far as Max is concerned; it did its run, its story arch progressed to a justifiable conclusion.  Similarly, the FTW title likely ends or eventually culminates in some sort of storyline involving Hook, particularly since his dad was the one who created the damn title to begin with.

Having a glorified European-ish (because somehow Australia is in the Atlantic now... and that's why Australian Buddy Matthews was involved in a tournament with wrestlers from other countries all of which have at least a reasonable proximity to the Atlantic Ocean) title, just feels like an excuse to have 1) another belt, and 2) to have something for the foreign guys to compete for that gives the easy excuse so that they can be passed over for World Title shots.

It's lazy booking.

1 hour ago, Troy Brown said:

it's just another reason AEW feels clunky to me right now. Just too crowded imo

I actually agree here. But I think, like I was saying, Its more due to the booking than anything to do with actual number of belts we see on TV. 

Yes the Owen Tournament prize shouldnt have been a Belt. And now that it was, it shouldnt be carried around like its something to defend. But its not something they are even pretending to defend, so it shouldnt be that big of a deal. The FTW title on the other hand

1 hour ago, Dr LBC said:

Except that's the thing, the FTW title and the Dynamite Diamond actually serve(d) storyline purposes.  Bringing in another belt just because takes the shine off of what impact the FTW title and the carrier has.  The Dynamite Diamond, more than likely, is a thing of the past - even as far as Max is concerned; it did its run, its story arch progressed to a justifiable conclusion.  Similarly, the FTW title likely ends or eventually culminates in some sort of storyline involving Hook, particularly since his dad was the one who created the damn title to begin with.

And since taking it off of Cage nearly a year ago, what Shine has that given Starks? Honestly unless it gets brought up by the commentary team, I forget he even has it. Team Taz in general has been bland as hell, and the only spark they have had was Hook, who is growing in-spite of the faction. Which is my point here, its not that they have "too many belts" its the fact that they dont really use what they have. Which I can understand why that would make you weary about this new one, but thats a different gripe.

WWE has nearly 20 titles between all their brands (because if we are going to count ROH stuff then you have to) before we get to MITB or any potential KotR type stuff. WCW had 5 titles under the BGB (US, TV, Tag, Cruiser and Hardcore) and WWF had the same number of undercard titles (IC, Euro, Tag, LHW and Hardcore)

So before the AAC was introduced this week and awarded soon, AEW is only looking at 3 other Championships on the Under Card (Tag, TNT and FTW if you can actually count it) which is a far cry from "too many". Again, if we are going to say the ROH titles are whats overcrowding, then we can also look at WWF and the NWA titles which often appeared in 1998. And I believe even AAA's championship was shown and referenced a bunch for Konan in WCW (often as the Mexican Heavyweight Champion). 

My point being, the number of defendable title belts arent anywhere close to "too many". If the ROH belts become a fixture on AEW, then yes, but Id assume they are just here till ROH gets some sort of platform to reboot. Without them, after the overcrowded World Title scene, were just talking about bad storylines on the TNT title, the cobwebs on the FTW title, and the reluctance to move the Tag titles around. An upper mid-card title was necessary, and in reality they just need better/more writers to get people invested into what they currently have.

Now, if they do bring in the Trio's Tag Titles before they move the ROH stuff along, I might be on your side here

2 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Jeff needs DDP

he needs to stop being enabled. He keeps getting hired for his dream job despite relapse after relapse. There are probably some personal life consequences but he still gets to do the one thing he wants to do. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

he needs to stop being enabled. He keeps getting hired for his dream job despite relapse after relapse. There are probably some personal life consequences but he still gets to do the one thing he wants to do. 

that's why he needs DDP. The "accountability crib". 

• Like 1