Lets Discuss All Things Wrestling - Even The T-Shirt Company AEW!

steelcurtain29

On 8/9/2022 at 10:53 AM, bcb1213 said:

Yea I think just a true bad *** may be the only person who could get away with the no entrance theme or someone just with the kind of look that could make it work. I don't think ciampa has the stature and he already has done too much to use it or have it incorporated. God willing big e ever gets back, he could pull it off in a heel turn as anti new day. Totally dark and joyless 

Well, yeah, but E left in complete silence (not that he'd get it even if he was working a heel character) to just improv reactions onto the crowd as he walked to the ring would be fantastic to watch, but let's be real... a hot mic would probably pick up E letting something slip that wouldn't go over all that well with the Networks.  Basically, it'd be Kevin Owens' NXT character.

I just think nowadays, the no-theme isn't as special as a lot want to make it out to be because enough people are familiar with the use of it on the independents.  At this point, if I want to book something largely original for a badass character I'm having him come out second, march straight to the ring, ****** his opponent immediately, nail his finisher, pin him, and walk out - no celebrating - before his entrance music has even had a chance to stop being played.  It's been done before, but not - to my knowledge - in wrestling, only in cinema.  But that's how you create a memorable moment you can replay to give a badass character (especially a badass heel or tweener) something to build on.

On 8/11/2022 at 10:28 AM, Bullet Club said:

Honestly, AJ should be used to push Logan. Have him mentor him for a bit, Logan turns, and they fight at next years WM. It's a premier match for AJ, and Logan gets to work with and learn from one of the best to ever do it.

People are going to complain because Mox bled again last night but the reality of the situation is that was a technical match down until the end, and it was great. Mox can deliver Japanese strong style, technical, American brawling, and hardcore. He's so much more diverse as wrestler than people give him credit for.

To be fair, Mox wants to bleed.  And, realistically, I don't mind as long as the blade job is done professionally (and by that I mean well-hidden - as opposed to Jericho in the barbed wire everywhere match where he looked like he was taking apage out of Abdullah's book where he did it right out in the open for everyone to see - though it fit Abdullah's gimmick/character).  I'd prefer if he's going to insist on bleeding so damn much that it happens in match like this last one with Jericho where it's the result of blunt force blows and moves rather than weapons and some of the ridiculous crap they're using in death matches these days that just drop a fat steaming one all over the concept of "suspend your disbelief."   Tommy Rich bled a lot, which in turn became a big reason why Corino bled a lot, since Corino idolized Tommy Rich.  But I will say this.. it should be Moxley's thing in AEW.  It cheapens the effect for both him and in general if everyone under the sun is getting color on the regular in their matches (and yes, I'm referring to Jericho... again and a few assorted others).

• Like 1

Watched the A&E documentary on DX. I knew those guys were in a bad place with drugs and alcohol, didn’t realize the extent, and for HHH to be around all of that and remain clean (i think this is true? I haven’t heard anything about this) is is amazing. I know it’s a WWE doc, but it really painted Trips in a bright light, it was cool to learn some of the creative that he was behind.

17 hours ago, bigbadbuff said:

Watched the A&E documentary on DX. I knew those guys were in a bad place with drugs and alcohol, didn’t realize the extent, and for HHH to be around all of that and remain clean (i think this is true? I haven’t heard anything about this) is is amazing. I know it’s a WWE doc, but it really painted Trips in a bright light, it was cool to learn some of the creative that he was behind.

I was always aware of how bad it was - mostly because there are guys you can watch shoot commentaries from and know that they're playing down the amount to the regularity of what they're talking about happened by at least 1/3 because they just chalked it up to "what goes on in the business..." and even those guys said that Hall, Waltman, Road Dogg, and so forth partied HARD!  Hunter's pretty much always been a teatotaler, though not without his own addictive personality (he just found other methods of channeling that addiction - if anything his heart issues now are kind of an indicator was to why taking the ketogenic diet to its pole is dangerous as hell, because people used to talk about how Hunter was practically in a constant state of ketosis due to his dietary and gym strict adherence).

47 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Punk really bent over Mox with that exchange of words. The brawl at the end did not look nearly physical enough for two guys who "hate" each other. Sloppy weak looking punches.

I thought Mox held his own and thought it was one of the best "exchange" promos that AEW's had. 

Very happy to see Omega back. I don't think that the elite will win the trios titles, though. It was also good to see Omega, Andrade and Rush beat the hell out of a dude who has no idea what year it is.

15 hours ago, Bullet Club said:

Punk won that promo battle but he also got six minutes uninterrupted. I'm hyped to see where it goes.

His awkward 2 interruptions while Moxley spoke kinda mehd me. I legitimately am being open about my bias, I do not like CM Punk.

And if you're to believe the latest things coming from FightFul... I am not the only one.

35 minutes ago, JoshstraDaymus said:

His awkward 2 interruptions while Moxley spoke kinda mehd me. I legitimately am being open about my bias, I do not like CM Punk.

And if you're to believe the latest things coming from FightFul... I am not the only one.

I enjoyed most of the exchange but there were definitely things I didn't like. Calling Mox the 3rd best member of his group, while he's interim champ, was bad form.

1 hour ago, JoshstraDaymus said:

I'm calling it all a work but as a true member of the hangman mark gang, i'm all in 

20 hours ago, Bullet Club said:

Punk won that promo battle but he also got six minutes uninterrupted. I'm hyped to see where it goes.

That's the thing though, the promo-off added some new intrigue to the pairing... and now I can't help but feel like Tony's rushing it when there's considerably more money left in this particular teet to be milked, so to speak.  OK, so you couldn't keep them apart when they're in the same building (that's BS, even in a storytelling capacity and it makes Tony as an authority figure - in as much a capacity as he's inserted himself already - look like a cuck), so one appears live and the other via video package, and alternate, in the interim between now and Chicago.

Instead, they seem to be telegraphing that there's going to be some sketchy ending to the match next week that still doesn't leave the title situation or the grudge resolved... and then they'll still go to Double or Nothing.  It just feels very, very Russo-ish to me.  A hat on a hat so to speak.

4 hours ago, Bullet Club said:

I enjoyed most of the exchange but there were definitely things I didn't like. Calling Mox the 3rd best member of his group, while he's interim champ, was bad form.

I don't know about bad form but it was a reach for sure. Obviously he was trying to find a smooth segue into the SHIELD burn but more people are focused on the lead in then the punch line. 

3 minutes ago, Dr LBC said:

That's the thing though, the promo-off added some new intrigue to the pairing... and now I can't help but feel like Tony's rushing it when there's considerably more money left in this particular teet to be milked, so to speak.  OK, so you couldn't keep them apart when they're in the same building (that's BS, even in a storytelling capacity and it makes Tony as an authority figure - in as much a capacity as he's inserted himself already - look like a cuck), so one appears live and the other via video package, and alternate, in the interim between now and Chicago.

Instead, they seem to be telegraphing that there's going to be some sketchy ending to the match next week that still doesn't leave the title situation or the grudge resolved... and then they'll still go to Double or Nothing.  It just feels very, very Russo-ish to me.  A hat on a hat so to speak.

I kinda get the sense that Tony just wants to get back to his original plan for a Punk title reign and he's blowing off the interim piece like lit mercury. 

7 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

I kinda get the sense that Tony just wants to get back to his original plan for a Punk title reign and he's blowing off the interim piece like lit mercury. 

Same here, but it's telling that he's incapable or unwilling to adapt on the fly - which, not necessarily immediately but no one can tell me that the capacity isn't there moving forward, wouldn't have been an issue when Vince was booking the other product, but now that Vince is out of the picture, it definitely isn't going to do him any favors.  The logic and continuity is scattershot and screwy.  If Punk really couldn't give a toss about Moxley, why would he come out to his aid the week prior when the Jericho Sycophant Society was attempting to beat him down?