Lets Discuss All Things Wrestling - Even The T-Shirt Company AEW!

steelcurtain29

Just now, StLunatic88 said:

Hahah get out of here

That was fun as hell, and the crowd alone makes that match worth every minute 

My dude had to pretend to hurt his knee because they botched **** due to the choreography being so god damn bad between those 4 lol. That was far from a good match. But I'll leave ya be on it. The good stuff is still to come.

Two fantastic matches, a few good matches then a few bad matches/booking

But overall a fun show that didnt feel too long, next time do 9-10 matches so we dont get 3 matches under 5 mins

MJF coming out was fantastic and he has to win at Grand Slam or else that place will riot.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

Man, how bad of shape is AEW really in backstage?

Giving Punk the title back may have been the worst move they have made. And MJF may have to cash in that Chip on Wednesday to reset everything

But Im sure the AEW marks, and AEW themselves will spin this all as a "work"

Grand Slam is 15 days away. I could see it then.

19 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

Obviously that would be much better booking wise, but I dont trust the company as a whole to be doing whats best for business as a whole.

What is the best for business as a whole? We certainly don't know right now. For such a big situation we know mostly vague details.

21 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

What is the best for business as a whole? We certainly don't know right now. For such a big situation we know mostly vague details.

Im not saying I know either, but there are clearly alot of guys going into business for themselves these days in that company, and Tony doesnt throw around enough weight ever to put a stop to it

25 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

For actual business?  You keep the title on Punk as long as there's still a draw from him.  Heels fill seats and draw ratings.  Because people want to see them get their comeuppance/beat up.  So even the Elite ride-or-dies would still be tuning in religiously waiting to see it happen.  And if Tony is the southern wrestling, ECW, and ROH mark he purports to be, he'd realize this.

For the record, just casting Punk aside to placate the Elite marks isn't going to be the easy fix some think it is, particularly in the locker room.  You do that and you're deepening the rift with FTR (because they'll side with Punk) and potentially other guys in the locker room who tolerate Nick and Matt because they're concerned not doing so would jeopardize their paycheck/bookings.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

Im not saying I know either, but there are clearly alot of guys going into business for themselves these days in that company, and Tony doesnt throw around enough weight ever to put a stop to it

He's going to have to or the company is in trouble.

15 minutes ago, Dr LBC said:

For actual business?  You keep the title on Punk as long as there's still a draw from him.  Heels fill seats and draw ratings.  Because people want to see them get their comeuppance/beat up.  So even the Elite ride-or-dies would still be tuning in religiously waiting to see it happen.  And if Tony is the southern wrestling, ECW, and ROH mark he purports to be, he'd realize this.

For the record, just casting Punk aside to placate the Elite marks isn't going to be the easy fix some think it is, particularly in the locker room.  You do that and you're deepening the rift with FTR (because they'll side with Punk) and potentially other guys in the locker room who tolerate Nick and Matt because they're concerned not doing so would jeopardize their paycheck/bookings.

Without The Elite, All Elite Wrestling is dead. There is no easy fix. MJF is going to take Punk's title sooner than later though.

Edited by Bullet Club
  • Like 1