Lets Discuss All Things Wrestling - Even The T-Shirt Company AEW!

steelcurtain29

7 hours ago, Jeezla said:

Dom Mysterio looks like Jose Dirt

I think the mullet is supposed to be an Eddie tribute, but it just looks gross. Pretty sure Dom turns on edge and his pops here at the finish.

Not being a good enough father to have made him cut that atrocious mullet would be reason enough to turn.

The whole timing of that turn was poorly executed though.  Feels like the E tried to have their cake and eat it too, by giving the babyfaces a payoff they didn't really need (it wouldn't have done damage to either Rey or Edge to have them take the loss via nefarious means) and Dom turning the way he did on the heels of being Cheerleader Dom who was willing to cheat in order to help them win is a flat character move.  Though I suppose given the fact that I don't feel Dom has the acting chops to pull off being a heel (unless he just goes totally emo), I suppose flat is kind of fitting.  I know the turn was supposed to be reminiscent of Eddie turning on Rey, but  doubt many people even picked up on that.

The only satisfying part of that turn for me was Edge's face on the ballshot sell; it's always so over-the-top, it's great.

Edited by Dr LBC

8 hours ago, Jeezla said:

peacock app sucks, but I would not want to get chopped by Walter. 

Evidently people sitting in the upper decks could hear the chops rings loud as day.  I like that they reunited Imperium.  That said, I feel like while it was a great gimmick when Waler was just working it on his own, the Ring General stuff may have been flubbed up enough by Vince that they could do well to just basically make Walter/Gunther like a WWE version of Mirko Cro Cop or Alex Karelin - or basically a modern day Killer Kowalski, which Hunter should be really familiar with.  The later is something that would really do well in the current industry climate and that Walter could really flourish in - the only wrestler currently doing anything close (not so ironically, also trained by Kowalski) was Ciampa when he was at the height of his Psycho Killer/Blackheart heel run.

4 hours ago, Dr LBC said:

Though I suppose given the fact that I don't feel Dom has the acting chops to pull off being a heel (unless he just goes totally emo), I suppose flat is kind of fitting. 

For some reason I got this gut feeling that they are trying a Hook persona with Dom... which just wont work. 

Put a mask on him. 

17 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

For some reason I got this gut feeling that they are trying a Hook persona with Dom... which just wont work. 

Put a mask on him. 

I'd said all along and thought when Edge first came out that I'd predicted it right, that they should have had Judgement Day swipe the mask Edge came out in and put it on Dom to anoint him of sorts.

Hook people will buy as a silent assassin, badass shooter sort because of who his dad is.  Whereas, honestly, Dominik's biggest hamstring is who his dad is - it's likely the reason why he was fast-tracked to the main roster versus made to come up through developmental like he should have (and as a result you ended up with a guy who can do paint by numbers wrestling and is athletic, but has no concept of personality or character and I'm not just talking on the mic, his in-ring style lacks personality, too).

2 minutes ago, Dr LBC said:

I'd said all along and thought when Edge first came out that I'd predicted it right, that they should have had Judgement Day swipe the mask Edge came out in and put it on Dom to anoint him of sorts.

Hook people will buy as a silent assassin, badass shooter sort because of who his dad is.  Whereas, honestly, Dominik's biggest hamstring is who his dad is - it's likely the reason why he was fast-tracked to the main roster versus made to come up through developmental like he should have (and as a result you ended up with a guy who can do paint by numbers wrestling and is athletic, but has no concept of personality or character and I'm not just talking on the mic, his in-ring style lacks personality, too).

I know I said it before, but Hook is the badass secondary protagonist in Anime that either was or flirts with breaking bad all the time. 

Dom is this guy:

He is so good at lying he can trick himself lol oh Usopp | One piece  pictures, Usopp, One piece gif

I am unsure if development wouldve helped him all that much. Maybe at least his physique might be a tad better. Dude has a stupid face. Can't teach outta that. He's never gonna be able to pull off anything other than happy go lucky dum dum. 

To build on your fantasy booking about Edge's mask (which I also didnt like), instead, have Dom cheat for the JD, have Priest rip off Rey's mask and then present it to Dom as initiation. Dark Mysterio who never talks is born. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

This tag title match is going entirely too long lol

Nah that was great.

The only problem is, and I’ve said this plenary of times before, Tony & AEW rarely correctly cash in on a moment. They had one right there, and didn’t pull the trigger. Hard to see any long term story telling that would have been hindered by The Acclaimed taking the Titles right there. Even if they give them right back next week, you are never getting them hotter than they were right there in that arena tonight.

While you have a pair of “new champions” tonight, at most only one Title is changing hands tonight. Tony often overthinks things