Lets Discuss All Things Wrestling - Even The T-Shirt Company AEW!

steelcurtain29

On 1/17/2023 at 1:34 PM, sdrawkcab321 said:

Vince will 100% be in charge of creative soon. I have no doubt in my mind. Everything that has been reported about what he won’t do has turned out to be wrong. They said he was just there for the tv rights deal. Now he’s selling the whole company. They said he wouldn’t come back to the office. But now he’s back and has hired his old staff. Vince is coming right back to where he left off. Triple h will either be gone or take a backseat. 

Better enjoy this RR then because I agree with you and I have a bad feeling about this.

Almost starting to regret getting Elimination Chamber Tickets

5 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

I watch that match about 2-3 times per year.  Not only the best rumble match ever but one of WWE/WWF best one overall. The star power in that match is unprecedented

Yep no rumble has ever had that kind of star power. Also the match was so well booked.

My only disappointment is that coming out of it they should have turned Hogan heel. The crowd was ready for heel Hogan. 

On 1/20/2023 at 5:32 PM, bucksavage1 said:

I watch that match about 2-3 times per year.  Not only the best rumble match ever but one of WWE/WWF best one overall. The star power in that match is unprecedented

I can't even say it ruined it for me, but the only sour taste that match has ever left in my mouth is the way it set up the Hogan/Sid Mania MAIN EVENT... because Hogan/Vince wouldn't put Flair over.  And yes, Flair wins the World Championship in that Rumble match and carries it on to Mania... but Hogan/Flair was the money match people had wanted to see for going on a decade and Hogan's ego wouldn't let it happen unless he came out on top.

On 1/20/2023 at 6:30 PM, hornbybrown said:

Rewatching the 1992 royal rumble match currently. Imo the best rumble match ever

Great match and definitely in the conversation.  My favorite is probably still the 2001 Rumble.  Perfect top to bottom.  Had a great blend of hardcore, comedy (Drew Carey and Honky Tonk Man), star power, just so well laid-out.  Kane dominates and carries the match, then him and The Rock engage with others until The Big Show returns and wrecks everything. Rock eliminates him, Show puts him through a table, Undertaker comes out and dominates with Kane, Austin comes out... then gets attacked and bloodied by HHH.  You get one of the best stare-downs ever between a bloody Rock and bloody Austin.  Just so perfect.

About to watch my first live Raw in literal years.  The card is just so stacked and looks like we'll get some fun appearances (maybeeeeeeeeeee The Rock?).  I wonder if tonight is the night we see Bloodline turn on Sami.