Lets Discuss All Things Wrestling - Even The T-Shirt Company AEW!

steelcurtain29

2 minutes ago, iknowcool said:

Great match and definitely in the conversation.  My favorite is probably still the 2001 Rumble.  Perfect top to bottom.  Had a great blend of hardcore, comedy (Drew Carey and Honky Tonk Man), star power, just so well laid-out.  Kane dominates and carries the match, then him and The Rock engage with others until The Big Show returns and wrecks everything. Rock eliminates him, Show puts him through a table, Undertaker comes out and dominates with Kane, Austin comes out... then gets attacked and bloodied by HHH.  You get one of the best stare-downs ever between a bloody Rock and bloody Austin.  Just so perfect.

About to watch my first live Raw in literal years.  The card is just so stacked and looks like we'll get some fun appearances (maybeeeeeeeeeee The Rock?).  I wonder if tonight is the night we see Bloodline turn on Sami.

I don't feel like this is too much of a spoiler, but Rock won't be there - even in a video pre-tape.  They made a late announcement that they were scrapping/delaying the Bloodline acknowledgement ceremony (because Rikishi is ill and one or both of Afa and Sika "aren't up for the travel") and are running with "the trial of Sami Zayn," tonight.

2 hours ago, StLunatic88 said:

Eww no. He barely made it through the KO segment last Mania. This would be awful

Plus I don’t believe ANY of these rumors this time of year

I think he did alright. But he’s been working his butt off all year to get into better shape. I don’t think he’s happy with how he looked and doesn’t want to go out like that. 

If I never see another DX reunion I’ll be happy. If they cant perform in ring then I don’t need to see a bunch of old men talking like they’re teenagers. And I really don’t need to see road dogg and xpac again. Didn’t care about them 20 years ago don’t care now. 

Edited by sdrawkcab321
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

If I never see another DX reunion I’ll be happy. If they cant perform in ring then I don’t need to see a bunch of old men talking like they’re teenagers. And I really don’t need to see road dogg and xpac again. Didn’t care about them 20 years ago don’t care now. 

That’s gotta be the 4th DX reunion in the last 12 months. It’s a tired act 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Dr LBC said:

I can't even say it ruined it for me, but the only sour taste that match has ever left in my mouth is the way it set up the Hogan/Sid Mania MAIN EVENT... because Hogan/Vince wouldn't put Flair over.  And yes, Flair wins the World Championship in that Rumble match and carries it on to Mania... but Hogan/Flair was the money match people had wanted to see for going on a decade and Hogan's ego wouldn't let it happen unless he came out on top.

That was a Vince staple for years.  He never built anyone that was made elsewhere.  I think the first time he let it happen was Luger, then Luger bolted and it didn't happen again for a longer time

11 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I think he did alright. But he’s been working his butt off all year to get into better shape. I don’t think he’s happy with how he looked and doesn’t want to go out like that. 

Yes he was Fine, but do you think you're getting better than that? From a guy approaching 60 with 2 bad knees, a messed up back and how many Neck Surgeries?

Yes he can jaw jack with the best of them (but again hes almost a decade into collecting AARP now, so can he do it sustained for the weeks on end?) but I dont need him in ring, other than a spot or two. But most certainly not in a Major angle, definitely NOT for a Championship.

The Rock, at 50 now, fell apart his last time in the ring for an "extended" run. I think the Roman/Rock needs to be cashed in now, as even at his physique who knows how he holds up in another few years if hes going at it in ring. Im not even sure he should win the Title against Roman (not storyline wise, health wise) unless you are going to Hot Shot someone else the next night on Raw.

I love the Attitude Era just as much as the next guys (give me some Headbangers and Oddities every day over most of this stuff today) but I dont need to ACTUALLY relive it in 2023. Although, I guess if thats your thing, just wait another 18 months, and when the Saudi's are in charge, that will be your entire Mania Card.

4 hours ago, StLunatic88 said:

Yes he was Fine, but do you think you're getting better than that? From a guy approaching 60 with 2 bad knees, a messed up back and how many Neck Surgeries?

Yes he can jaw jack with the best of them (but again hes almost a decade into collecting AARP now, so can he do it sustained for the weeks on end?) but I dont need him in ring, other than a spot or two. But most certainly not in a Major angle, definitely NOT for a Championship.

The Rock, at 50 now, fell apart his last time in the ring for an "extended" run. I think the Roman/Rock needs to be cashed in now, as even at his physique who knows how he holds up in another few years if hes going at it in ring. Im not even sure he should win the Title against Roman (not storyline wise, health wise) unless you are going to Hot Shot someone else the next night on Raw.

I love the Attitude Era just as much as the next guys (give me some Headbangers and Oddities every day over most of this stuff today) but I dont need to ACTUALLY relive it in 2023. Although, I guess if thats your thing, just wait another 18 months, and when the Saudi's are in charge, that will be your entire Mania Card.

what's worse is the rumor is they pitched a brock match now too which would be a disaster.  Roman's offense at least doesn't include a bunch of throws so they could probably get away with it as Austin could easily take superman punches and maybe a spear.  The finishing submission would also not be difficult.  No way do i see Austin taking german suplexes and f5's

10 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

what's worse is the rumor is they pitched a brock match now too which would be a disaster.  Roman's offense at least doesn't include a bunch of throws so they could probably get away with it as Austin could easily take superman punches and maybe a spear.  The finishing submission would also not be difficult.  No way do i see Austin taking german suplexes and f5's

Yea that was Meltzer right? And I think in the same breath he said thats not happening either. 

Especially with Brock came back costing Lashley, feels like thats the Obvious Mania matchup. Which could put a big spotlight on the US Title if one of them picks it off of Theory at Elimination Chamber

Id bet Austin getting back in shape is more likely for the Saudi show thats happening shortly after Mania.

37 minutes ago, Troy Brown said:

Mark Briscoe vs Jay Lethal on Dynamite. Surprising and very cool. Going to be emotional

I saw someone suggest that they should retire those ROH Tag belts, let The Briscoes be the last ones to ever hold those titles (style). Think that would be a nice gesture

Also shows that WB may have really caught some flack for not allowing them to do a tribute on TV last week

Just now, StLunatic88 said:

Yea that was Meltzer right? And I think in the same breath he said thats not happening either. 

Especially with Brock came back costing Lashley, feels like thats the Obvious Mania matchup. Which could put a big spotlight on the US Title if one of them picks it off of Theory at Elimination Chamber

Id bet Austin getting back in shape is more likely for the Saudi show thats happening shortly after Mania.

I wouldn't put it past them to see if he can have his fame rub off on some younger folks in a tag match where he can just get the hot tag and go.