2020 Draft Talk

swede700

3 hours ago, VikeManDan said:

Why do you think they should be passed on? Because they're not Lawrence?

Close.  Imo, none of them are close to that level.  Besides, this season is going to end unfortunate in many ways.  Adding on the fact that Cousins is going to play just intolerable enough to set us at the 21st pick or so.

Those QBs will be drafted by the bottom of the barrel NFL clubs. Maybe they will all draft their guy this year and then when we inevitably are in the top 10 of draft position next year, no one else ahead of us will want Lawrence since they drafted one of those proposed prospects you mentioned. 

Edited by Torchezim

1 hour ago, Torchezim said:

Close.  Imo, none of them are close to that level.  Besides, this season is going to end unfortunate in many ways.  Adding on the fact that Cousins is going to play just intolerable enough to set us at the 21st pick or so.

Those QBs will be drafted by the bottom of the barrel NFL clubs. Maybe they will all draft their guy this year and then when we inevitably are in the top 10 of draft position next year, no one else ahead of us will want Lawrence since they drafted one of those proposed prospects you mentioned. 

Why do you think we'll be so much worse next year?

2 minutes ago, sparkyjoe1 said:

I want nothing to do with Lawrence unless he cuts his hair... You just can't be a good QB unless you have a good haircut, that's what's most important. It's the one thing that all great QBs have.

Sunshine was a pretty good quarterback in remember the Titans

• Like 1

It's going to be fun in 2021 when some poster on this board is advocating that we pass on Lawrence at #18 because someone coming out in 2022 is a sure-fire, can't-miss, hall-of-fame QB. 

It's going to happen. I'd be willing to bet that Lawrence won't be the #1 pick in 2021 when all is said and done. I bet Tua isn't the #1 pick this year. 

Mahomes wasn't worth the pick KC took him at. Watson had too many questions about his game. 

Andrew Luck was going to win 7 Super Bowls. Ryan Leaf and Peyton Manning were equals. Eli was going to be better than Peyton. 

The grass is always greener.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, wcblack34 said:

It's going to be fun in 2021 when some poster on this board is advocating that we pass on Lawrence at #18 because someone coming out in 2022 is a sure-fire, can't-miss, hall-of-fame QB. 

It's going to happen. I'd be willing to bet that Lawrence won't be the #1 pick in 2021 when all is said and done. I bet Tua isn't the #1 pick this year. 

Mahomes wasn't worth the pick KC took him at. Watson had too many questions about his game. 

Andrew Luck was going to win 7 Super Bowls. Ryan Leaf and Peyton Manning were equals. Eli was going to be better than Peyton. 

The grass is always greener.

Know what you’re saying before you say it.  I know I am not a common poster here but I have never been enammored with any QB prospect since I’ve watched football. Other than Luck and Lawrence. 

I can’t say for sure what will happen by that time when he is available but I feel really good about the guy.  

And you can throw out all of the examples you want.  They aren’t relevant to anything I’ve said. You’re just talking to talk at this point.  

I am not sure what poster you are subtly referring to when saying “some poster”, but that doesn’t hold any weight in the conversation we are having either.  

I simply said that none of these prospect I M O - Understand? In my opinion...   are close to what Lawrence is currently.  If we happen to be in position for him then great; if not then oh well.

Edited by Torchezim