2020 Draft Talk

swede700

24 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

What do you guys think of Jordan Love?

No pun intended, I love him. I think he’s the classic “5 tool” prospect that could become a top level QB with the right coaching and system. 

I think he would be a perfect player to draft, and let him sit and learn for a year. 

9 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

No pun intended, I love him. I think he’s the classic “5 tool” prospect that could become a top level QB with the right coaching and system. 

I think he would be a perfect player to draft, and let him sit and learn for a year. 

Doesn't sound like a Spielman guy.

We like guys with minimal physical talent, deer in the headlights when the pressure is on, holds the ball forever and is injury prone.

I kid😂😂

Knowing our luck, Green Bay is going to end up getting Trevor Lawrence to replace an aging Rodgers.  

So far, I don’t really care for any of the QB prospect coming out next year. Tua may be okay but even he doesn’t strike me as a franchise builder. 

Edited by Torchezim

20 minutes ago, Torchezim said:

Knowing our luck, Green Bay is going to end up getting Trevor Lawrence to replace an aging Rodgers.  

So far, I don’t really care for any of the QB prospect coming out next year. Tua may be okay but even he doesn’t strike me as a franchise builder. 

Many felt the same way about Mahomes and Watson coming out. They fell out of the top 10. Sometimes you just have to take a chance, and I’d hope to do so on a QB with a ton of physical talent. Obviously the right coaching staff needs to be in place to develop that QB.

Jacob Eason is looking more and more like a great option potentially for the Vikings in the middle of the 1st round or late 1st round.  The guy has arguably the best arm of any QB in the up coming draft.  Is playing in a run heavy offense in college where he has to pitch the football and do some play action passing which he can do well.  Is big and strong, can take hits and throw on the move and if he gets off his spot.  

Played great against a decent USC defense as well, does not need a ton of throws to succeed either.  He would be a nice pickup even if it is as a developmental backup for a year until Cousin's contract is up.  He looks the part and would be a great option for the team considering Herbert and Tua will be gone.  He has not won much in college but will see how he finishes out the year in Washington.  He is 10 times better and more talented than Jake Browning was on Washington and can make throws Browning could never make in his life and it has helped that passing game greatly.  

OL might be a need for the Vikings also, would love Wirfs on Iowa as a athletic OT but he could be gone, Jonah Jackson OG Ohio State I love and is playing arguably better than any OG in the nation.  He could be a nice late 1st round but might be able to wait till the 2nd to get him but maybe not.  DT is a big need as well, I would love Raekwon Davis Alabama if he feel that far which he could because he has not dominated quite like he should this season but as a 6-7 312 DE/DT there is a ton to like about him and in pass rush situations he could be amazing with Hunter and Griffen on the edges and he in the middle with Joseph or Hercules.  

PS I would not touch Fromm, maybe in the 2nd but no way in the 1st.  Fromm is too similar to Cousins in my book, good game manager but does not have great arm talent.  Fromm is a better leader and or teammate potentially the Cousins though, Cousins seems to struggle relating to and getting along with his teammates connecting with them and communicating with them, Fromm would not have that problem so that is one positive on his side.