If you can bring back one former player from your teams history who would it be?

CP3MVP

5 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Easy and most simplistic answer is Reggie White. Putting next to Fletcher Cox would be absurd.

However to switch things up give me 2004 TO. Pre sit ups, pre tempertantrum, pre I'm  a GD Baby meltdown. Let Wentz have a legit #1 WR for a decade and see what they could do? Making Alshon and Ertz even more dangerous. 

Other potentials scenarios

Brian Westbrook  or Lesean McCoy

Troy Vincent, Asante Samuel, Dawkins

To be fair, TO WASN'T the one who got tired in the Super Bowl. 

1 hour ago, Boltstrikes said:

To be fair, TO WASN'T the one who got tired in the Super Bowl. 

TO was the one who acted like a 2 yr old with his pacifier taken away because  of one simple question answered by McNabb. Correctly  mind you.

Can you guys win the SB without TO if he is unable to play?

Yes.

"I feel that if he plays or not, we definitely have a chance of making it to the Super Bowl and winning it," McNabb said Wednesday, one day after owner Jeffery Lurie said the team won't redo Owens' contract. "That's nothing against T.O. and it's nothing against anybody else. I just feel confident in the guys
that we have. With T.O., I think we can do a lot of great things. 

http://www.espn.com/nfl/news/story?id=2058207

Edited by Nabbs4u
  • Like 1

Defense: Ware or Sanders. Probably Sanders.

Offense: a lot of options. If we are considering comparative to their peers, then Staubach because he was the best QB in the NFL when he played. Larry Allen, an all time OL. Irvin, Pearson or Hayes would boost our anemic WR core. Prime Witten would be a godsend also. Tough. 

On 5/2/2019 at 2:42 AM, titansNvolsR#1 said:

For the division, I'll go: 

Titans: Steve McNair 

Texans: Arian Foster

Jaguars: Mark Brunell/David Garrard 

Colts: Dwight Freeney/Robert Mathis 

Bruh... tony boselli 

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

He wasnt even that good though. You have a history of hall of famers and you choose a guy whose most notable accomplishment is getting tragically murdered?

Disagree on how good he was.

As for skipping HoFers.

Yes.

Because he would be alive.

Relax. 

• Like 2

Honestly might take Derrick Johnson. As much as people blasted our corners last year, our coverage inside was where we really struggled, and Johnson was a monster in man coverage on a back or in a hook zone. Would be a huge improvement in our run D as well.

I don't think we need anyone on offense that badly (though adding Jamaal Charles to this offense would be unfair.) I honestly like our DL despite the high profile losses. Our secondary should be better (Nelson to Breeland might be a step down, but Mathieu is way better than Ron Parker.) But man our LB corp scares me. In a bad way. DJ at MLB could mask a lot.

Could go Lanier or Bell instead, but it depends on how you want to project them into modern day. Bobby Bell is not holding up in the role he excelled at in the modern day at 230 pounds. Derrick Thomas is a feel good pick, but I'm not sure he fixes any of our problems on defense. Might be the best pick in the long run, but not right away, IMO.

8 hours ago, barnaby8787 said:

Darrelle Revis before we traded him to TB.  Not the post TB Revis.

That season you had Kris Jenkins - NYJ were different. Was often injured, but a healthy Kris Jenkins of that year would make ANY team a contender - in my book. You just could not run on New York with him in there.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

That season you had Kris Jenkins - NYJ were different. Was often injured, but a healthy Kris Jenkins of that year would make ANY team a contender - in my book. You just could not run on New York with him in there.

Jenkins was a beast.  We had a few good ones over the years.  For as good as our D was in 2008, 09, etc., we could never fully put it together on both sides of the ball.

For Patriots it is easily Aaron Hernandez for me. Followed by Adam Vinatieri, Troy Brown, and Ty Law. Willie McGinest would round out my top five.

For the current Patriots, getting a left tackle would help so in that case it would be Matt Light. Regardless of need or anything just one player I could get back it would be Hernandez for many reasons.

11 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

For Patriots it is easily Aaron Hernandez for me. Followed by Adam Vinatieri, Troy Brown, and Ty Law. Willie McGinest would round out my top five.

For the current Patriots, getting a left tackle would help so in that case it would be Matt Light. Regardless of need or anything just one player I could get back it would be Hernandez for many reasons.

No Randy Moss? Or Wes Welker?