rank the roster: 2019 edition (#7) | Go to run-off thread

FinneasGage

Here's our 2019 FA Class draft write-ups from 2015  : 

PRESTON SMITH, Mississippi State (6-5, 272, 4.73, 2-3): Two-year starter. "He's got a big upside," one scout said. "He can play left end on run downs and then rush inside. Good chance he goes top 45." Finished with 134 tackles (27 for loss) and 16 sacks. "He's long and lanky with the bone structure for 290," another scout said. "Better player than athlete. He doesn't play with much twitch, but he's a strong guy against the run. He's not really a true 5-technique. It wouldn't shock me if someone took him in the second because they fell in love with him as a player and type of kid he is." "Fluid, high-cut athlete who wins with length (34-inch arms)," a third scout said. "Doesn't have the initial suddenness driving off the ball." From Stone Mountain, Ga.

ZA'DARIUS SMITH, Kentucky (6-4 ½, 272, 4.78, 2-3): Compared by one scout to Bears OLB Pernell McPhee. "That's the toughest guy maybe at D-end in the whole draft," one scout said. "Left end only. Also can play 5-technique. He may go second round." Former junior-college player who finished with 120 tackles (14 for loss) and 10 ½ sacks. "He's strong enough to anchor as a 5-technique and he has some pass rush ability," one scout said. "Had a good year, got excited about football. He was going to come out a year ago." From Greenville, Ala.

ADRIAN AMOS, Penn State (6-0 ½, 218, 4.47, 3-4):  Three-year starter. "He is a former corner," one scout said. "You see that. He's got cover skills for a safety. He's not Jack Tatum but he's tough enough. Good space tackler. Really stood out in coverage in the Senior Bowl practices.
He will be a starter." Finished with 149 tackles (nine for loss), seven picks and 22 PBUs. From Baltimore.

Edited by Shanedorf
  • Like 1

I'm going Blake Martinez here. He's had more tackles than anybody the last two years, five sacks last year, and apparently got in exceptional shape over the summer. The positional value isn't there but he's the best at what he does out of anybody left. 

1 minute ago, wgbeethree said:

I'm going Blake Martinez here. He's had more tackles than anybody the last two years, five sacks last year, and apparently got in exceptional shape over the summer. The positional value isn't there but he's the best at what he does out of anybody left. 

yeah him and linsley are kinda in the same boat for me. less important roles, but both near pro-bowl level guys. hard to really value their impact vs. solid guys at more premier spots 

8 minutes ago, FinneasGage said:

yeah him and linsley are kinda in the same boat for me. less important roles, but both near pro-bowl level guys. hard to really value their impact vs. solid guys at more premier spots 

Everybody has there own way of voting for these rankings every year. I'd probably vote very different if I was voting for "best" vs. "most important".

I pretty much just do an imaginary Madden rating in my head and then sort by overall. I wouldn't argue with anybody if they vote by who they think is most important though.