2019 Offseason Trade Rumors & Free Agency Thread

resilient part 2

1 hour ago, Lodestar said:

If being you means trading in my Canucks fan card for literally any other squad on the planet, then I wish I were you.

The GOAT trade convo is one I've actually been wanting to have. I know there are tons of examples where one guy is traded for a king's ransom, or where guys are traded for pennies and go on to become all-time greats... but for me, when you consider the cunning and guts it took to pull off the Kawhi trade — trading the face of your franchise, a guy who has embraced the city like no one else in team history, for one year of a guy who might not even be healthy enough to play, who might not even be willing to play for you — and then that guy leads you to a damn championship in his first year — from a risk-reward standpoint, it doesn't get any better than that. (Well, obviously it gets a bit better if he stays...)

I just don't care for hockey. If the Leafs won I'd be happy for the city, but I wouldn't say "we" when I speak about the Leafs

You have a great argument for the Kawhi trade, honestly. I do think he would need to re-sign IMO for me to be able to have that argument, but we'll see

2 minutes ago, showtime said:

But you just said the Lakers have been arguably the worst run team over the last 6-7 years.  No playoff appearances and a dysfunctional front office.  Over that same time span, the Clippers have been a yearly playoff team, have a significantly better coach and worlds better front office/ownership.  The Clippers are based in Los Angeles and play in the same arena as the Lakers.

Do you think Lebron signed with the Los Angeles Lakers because he was impressed with the front office? Or do you think the dude wanted to be a Laker and live in LA to end his career.

Please answer and don’t pull a CWood and go off on some tangent. 

37 minutes ago, showtime said:

If the Nets were still the New Jersey Nets instead of the Brooklyn Nets, do they still get Kyrie Irving and Kevin Durant?

I think Kyrie and Durant were a package deal...so anywhere that had the money whether that be in NJ or NY. If another team (had the cap room for both, I think they go if NY/NJ doesn't)

6 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

nobody worrying about MVPs bruh

Rockets fans DEFINITELY worry about MVPs more than winning. I mean maybe not you, but on social media and everywhere all you hear them talk about is how Harden got robbed of the MVP. I mean you had the damn Rockets twitter account posting some suspect stuff right after Giannis got his MVP award.

Embarrassing really. 

2 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

Woj reporting that Cousins currently has no market. At this point just has to hope that whoever in LA misses out on Kawhi gives him a solid 1 year deal.

He should return to the Warriors. He'll have a much bigger role for a good team and can earn a solid deal with a good year. 

3 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

If the Lakers don’t sign Kawhi, I expect them to go after Cousins. Woj was saying he doesn’t have much of a market though and could only get the vet min. Oh how the mighty have fallen.

Dez Bryant of the NBA 

Archived