The Batman

Acgott

early word on this has been really positive from test screenings and critics who saw it already

You have to think that the WB is pretty confident about “The Batman” by screening it for press almost four weeks before it opens in theaters. Folks in New York City and Los Angeles got first dibs on Reeves’ near 3-hour epic and I hear, from one person who attended the West Coast screening, that it is a “marvellously black as coal film noir that greatly distances itself from Nolan, Burton and Snyder.” Looking forward to it.

https://www.worldofreel.com/blog/2022/2/z4ymwm21l51pgtl8bp68mlv8da9bje

review embargo shoudl lift in a few weeks

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

Im kinda lost how some of you arent excited about this Batman movie. Are you guys just dead inside?

you know, ever since my parents died I have felt that way. Its been a long time, but the hurt and pain never really faded. They died protecting me, and I haven't forgiven myself or the man who took them away. It eats at me, pushes me to be an agent of change so this never happens to anyone else. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, StLunatic88 said:

Im kinda lost how some of you arent excited about this Batman movie. Are you guys just dead inside?

I’m excited. Just cautious since we haven’t had a good Batman movie since The Dark Knight. Also Pattinson is an interesting casting choice.

2 hours ago, Xenos said:

I’m excited. Just cautious since we haven’t had a good Batman movie since The Dark Knight. Also Pattinson is an interesting casting choice.

Thats fine, Im not saying anyone should be championing it before seeing it. Id also argue TDKR is still a good movie, youre just comparing it to  the best film with Batman ever made. 

2 hours ago, kingseanjohn said:

The DCU ruined my excitement for any DC movie tbh. I'll wait for reviews before even considering seeing it in theaters. Most likely I wait til streaming.

I mean, this isnt the DCEU. Its something completely different. Im not any less excited to see the XMen in the MCU because it whimpered out in its last iteration.

Ive just never let other people dictate what Im personally excited for. Especially never put movie critics thoughts over my own about a movie, which is why I go see it myself

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Xenos said:

I wish I could have seen Dune in theaters. Maybe it’ll be the same for this movie.

I’m sure they’ll run it again around the time of the sequel 

worth seeing it in theaters for sure.

I wanted to see it in a large format one but couldn’t get down to Philly that month.