So, the 2019 Chiefs...

Hunter2_1

How will they do this season?  

160 members have voted

1. 1. The 2019 Chiefs...

• They consolidate - either the first or second seed in the AFC, not dropping off
    • They drop off slightly - win at least 2 fewer games than last season
    • They drop off markedly - miss playoffs, and end up with a record around .500 or below

The Chargers had a nice team in 2018, but won alot of close games. I see regression in LA as they won’t be as lucky this year

They played in six one score games last year and won five of them. They will regress in that regard. However, they were tied for second in the league with KC and LAR with 7 non-close wins. That is a better indicator of how good a team is since good teams generally don't play in a lot of close games. 

They won't win 12 games next year, but they should win around 10-11 games.

Edited by game3525

1 hour ago, game3525 said:

They played in six one score games last year and won five of them. They will regress in that regard. However, they were tied for second in the league with KC and LAR with 7 non-close wins. That is a better indicator of how good a team is since good teams generally don't play in a lot of close games. 

They won't win 12 games next year, but they should win around 10-11 games.

I think regression is a possibility for LAC, but they could still win 12. I personally don’t think they win the division but it’s still possible. 

Either way, Chiefs-Chargers rivalry is real

19 hours ago, Nightime said:

I think regression is a possibility for LAC, but they could still win 12. I personally don’t think they win the division but it’s still possible. 

Either way, Chiefs-Chargers rivalry is real

Regression is a realistic possibility for any team. The Patriots are the only team that is the exception to this, but even then with a 42 year old QB you can't rule it out entirely.

It's going to be an interesting season for the Chiefs.  Mahomes is my favorite young QB in the league, but their offense has lost a couple of key players the last couple of years due to the "knucklehead syndrome".  I don't really know enough about their team to have a decent opinion, but I do think they will still be one of the more entertaining teams to watch this season.  Their game against the Rams was probably the best game of the entire season last year.  I hope they haven't lost that magic.

KC lost one player (Hunt). And we still beat a supposedly stacked Colts team in the playoffs without him 

Hill has no criminal case against him, and while suspension is a possibility, there’s little reason to believe he won’t play for KC this year

12 minutes ago, rfournier103 said:

The regular season is irrelevant to the Chiefs. 

The Chiefs tend to do quite well in the regular season much more often than not, so the REAL question to me is; “how far will the Chiefs advance in the playoffs?”

That's a good question. I hate how the Pats have such an easy division and schedule and the obvious huge home field advantage when playing at Gillette Stadium. Otherwise, I would feel better about the Chiefs going all the way than any team in the league.

45 minutes ago, Buckweath said:

That's a good question. I hate how the Pats have such an easy division and schedule and the obvious huge home field advantage when playing at Gillette Stadium. Otherwise, I would feel better about the Chiefs going all the way than any team in the league.

Could you imagine if the Chargers and Dolphins traded divisions?

It’d flip the whole league on it’s head

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Buckweath said:

To beat Pats, you must have an offense that can score enough and a defense that can prevent Brady from dink n dunk 33+ minutes (which is a killer to defense and basically will allow Pats to score 14+ points in 4th quarter if necessary).

With salary cap, that is simply impossible unless you have an offense can score enough without expensive playmakers. (440 points in 16 games, that is 27-28 points a game).

Jets, Bills and Phins couldn't find great QB in last 2 decades, so they rather focus on building defense, which led to lousy offense, which makes Pats wins against them look easy.

If you you put Chargers in AFCE, it would be just another Dolphins at best.

2 hours ago, Buckweath said:

Does it really matter? Pats already have proven they can win on the road.

If you you put Chargers in AFCE, it would be just another Dolphins at best.

lol, just no.

The Chargers wouldn't be favored to win the division, but they wouldn't be Miami. 

Edited by game3525

12 minutes ago, game3525 said:

lol, just no.

The Chargers wouldn't be favored to win the division, but they wouldn't be Miami. 

It’d give the Patriots plenty of competition. A consistent 10-12 win team in the AFC East other than New England would be awesome.

The AFC West has had a second place team with atleast 11 wins four times in the last six seasons

2 hours ago, game3525 said:

lol, just no.

It matters a lot. Pats can win on the road but they can be beat. I like the Chiefs chances if they meet the Pats at Arrowhead again next season.