Bucs sign Ndamukong Suh 1 year deal

49erurtaza

5 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Seems a bit redundant, no? 

I think the biggest reason is probably cheaper than the 13M so we can sign our rookies but I believe it's all about the difference in their mentality.  Arians wants that aggressive mentality and Gerald was never that player, great player in his own way but just didn't mesh with the direction the defense is headed.

• Like 2

Just now, YoungBucs15 said:

I think the biggest reason is probably cheaper than the 13M so we can sign our rookies but I believe it's all about the difference in their mentality.  Arians wants that aggressive mentality and Gerald was never that player, great player in his own way but just didn't mesh with the direction the defense is headed.

Yeah, the savings makes sense... Didn't know about the mindset piece, but could see that.

8 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

How much did they save on this to jettison one of the better players in the last decade for their franchise?

Weird to me to cut a pricy veteran to sign another one.

We must be making a decent saving out of this, but I expect that these moves are more about mentality and bringing in a new era on the defensive side by getting the “old leader” out of the way.

McCoy’s production hasn’t matched his number for quite a few years. 13m is too steep for someone who routinely goes missing when it matters.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Buc Ball said:

We must be making a decent saving out of this, but I expect that these moves are more about mentality and bringing in a new era on the defensive side by getting the “old leader” out of the way.

McCoy’s production hasn’t matched his number for quite a few years. 13m is too steep for someone who routinely goes missing when it matters.

At this point Suh is probably a down grade.

And in terms of leadership... Not really Suh's thing.