Browns Release QB Brock Osweiler

Abe56

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

Still wish the 49ers had made that trade with the Texans. 

Browns fans, are you guys only carrying two, or is Hogan going to make the roster? 

hogan has been better than kessler, he's honestly gotten a lot better.  he actually looked good last night.  people speculate he might actually be the #2

4 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

#moneyball

yeaaaa buddy.  as per sportrac we have 57mil in cap http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cleveland-browns/cap/
and next year should have 37-38 before any other moves + our rollover, so im guessing we'll be starting next offeseason with some of the most cap space in the game

plus potential cap relief if anyone signs osweiler (at this point i doubt it)

12 minutes ago, Forge said:

Still wish the 49ers had made that trade with the Texans. 

Browns fans, are you guys only carrying two, or is Hogan going to make the roster? 

I think hogan gets cut and signed to the PS. Can't see up keeping 3. Hogan looked good against scrubs but Kessler has better regular season film. 

Really owe Cleveland a solid. They bailed the Texans out of a bad situation. Happy to part ways with the 2nd - that money saved basically resigned Hopkins yesterday, so no worries on our best offensive player hitting the market.

It wasn't that Brock was bad (he was, and is) it's just his press conferences and quotes indicated he was completely oblivious to it.

"I've had great success in this league, as a QB..."

"...as far as I know, it's still an open competition"

"Every interception has its own story..."

It wore thin on you after a while. He banked our his $72mm, so I know he's not hurting.

In a little more than a season, he went from being the starter for Denver (or at least was gonna get the job after manning retired), to the starter for the Texans, to being paid to not play by the Browns. That's a pretty hard fall. 

Archived