Browns Release QB Brock Osweiler

Abe56

4 hours ago, EliteTexan80 said:

Really owe Cleveland a solid. They bailed the Texans out of a bad situation. Happy to part ways with the 2nd - that money saved basically resigned Hopkins yesterday, so no worries on our best offensive player hitting the market.

It wasn't that Brock was bad (he was, and is) it's just his press conferences and quotes indicated he was completely oblivious to it.

"I've had great success in this league, as a QB..."

"...as far as I know, it's still an open competition"

"Every interception has its own story..."

It wore thin on you after a while. He banked our his $72mm, so I know he's not hurting.

Nothing beats the quote tattooed inside his bicep.  Nothing.

Any money paid to him by another team will offset what Cleveland owes him of that $16M, lowering the cost of that 2nd rounder.

Based on what I have seen of Sashi Brown, he will use that pick to move up, down, or into 2019.  He is too smart to stigmatize a player with a $16M price tag before said player even gets assigned a jersey number.

He should be on every GM's speed dial list for the scenario that your starter goes down. Very rarely can you get someone with starting experience for vet minimum for the year. I'm not high on him by any means but in an emergency situation, he's worth having in the contact list, especially with Cleveland picking up the tab and Brock anxious to go out and prove he's worth another payday. 

Man Elway dodged a bullet.

5 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I think hogan gets cut and signed to the PS. Can't see up keeping 3. Hogan looked good against scrubs but Kessler has better regular season film. 

He wont make it to the PS. Another team will eat him up. Cleveland will carry 3 QBs on the roster. I honestly think he is the #2. Kessler might of had better film from last year but he has been nothing but below avg all of camp and preseason. I think the biggest thing for Hogan is he isnt afraid to be aggressive and attack down field. Kessler rarely attacks down field.

7 minutes ago, buno67 said:

He wont make it to the PS. Another team will eat him up. Cleveland will carry 3 QBs on the roster. I honestly think he is the #2. Kessler might of had better film from last year but he has been nothing but below avg all of camp and preseason. I think the biggest thing for Hogan is he isnt afraid to be aggressive and attack down field. Kessler rarely attacks down field.

Hsi new throwing motion works for him. 

2 hours ago, Boltstrikes said:

He should be on every GM's speed dial list for the scenario that your starter goes down. Very rarely can you get someone with starting experience for vet minimum for the year. I'm not high on him by any means but in an emergency situation, he's worth having in the contact list, especially with Cleveland picking up the tab and Brock anxious to go out and prove he's worth another payday. 

Man Elway dodged a bullet.

Any GM that calls upon Osweiler over Kaepernick in an emergency starting situation should be immediately fired to be honest.

53 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Actually disturbs me how much money he's making by being poor at his job. What is life?

Classic example of "Looks like Tarzan, plays like Hellen Keller."

Archived