2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Can we make a pact in here that we stop saying a "true #1 WR". There are are like 5-6 guys that are pure #1, take over a game WRs and not 1 of them is hitting FA.

Julio, Hopkins, Adams, Thomas, OBJ (maybe if not in Cleveland)

There are solid guys who are their teams #1 option, which is an entirely different thing. But those guys are not hitting FA either 

Here is your list of Free agent WRs.... go find a "True #1" 

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/ufa/wide-receiver/

There is not a single WR on this list that moves the needle.

Sign Sanders and draft a WR to go with Williams Renfrow and Waller.  Sanders might still have a year or two left.

There are no Free Agents this year that I’d trust signing.  It’s a horrible class.  
Robby Anderson and Demarcus Robinson have huge bust potential.  AJ Green May never be healthy.  I’d rather keep Williams then spend on those guys.

Next year, and i understand a lot of these guys will get extended, isn’t a bad class though.  
https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/2021/ufa/wide-receiver/

I’d love to Get Kenny Golliday.

52 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

There are no Free Agents this year that I’d trust signing.  It’s a horrible class.  
Robby Anderson and Demarcus Robinson have huge bust potential.  AJ Green May never be healthy.  I’d rather keep Williams then spend on those guys.

Next year, and i understand a lot of these guys will get extended, isn’t a bad class though.  
https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/2021/ufa/wide-receiver/

I’d love to Get Kenny Golliday.

Kenny Golladay won’t see the open market IMO. Dude is a stud and DET would have to be insane to let him walk.

4 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Can we make a pact in here that we stop saying a "true #1 WR". There are are like 5-6 guys that are pure #1, take over a game WRs and not 1 of them is hitting FA.

There are solid guys who are their teams #1 option, which is an entirely different thing. But those guys are not hitting FA either 

AJ Green is definitely a true #1, and comparable to the 5 guys you mentioned. 
His injury issues are a concern, but, when healthy he is def a true #1. 

• Like 1

I wanted a WR last draft, so this draft I want two. 1st and 3rd round. As of now it's Jeudy, Lamb and Ruggs if all 3 are gone my next level is Higgins, Shenault, then none else in 1st.

D. Smith, Reagor, Wallace, Hightower, Jefferson, Pittman, Surratt, T. Johnson, Hamler, Collins, Peoples-Jones, C. Johnson, Mims, Hill...Probably missed some but no reason NOT to take another in the 3rd or 4th. So talented and a deep class. If we go two defenders in the 1st then I'd go two WR's in the 3rd.

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

When healthy is the key word there. His best football is behind him now.

I don’t agree with this. He’s been suffering the same injury for a while without being recovered. Finally missing a full season will do him well. Green was always my #2 behind AB when he was healthy. Julio and Hopkins may be more explosive but Green cannot be eliminated and extremely consistent. His skillset is also much more wide than Julio, and his speed is much better than Hopkins. 

Even if Green can’t reach that elite tier again, he’s still a Top 10-12 WR and a true #1 wideout. Tua/Jacobs/Green/Tyrell/Ruggs would absolutely obliterate the NFL. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, big_palooka said:

AJ Green will be FA this year and should have two or three years left in the tank

plus every year There are surprised cuts

Edited by Bitty 2.0

OU made that game harder then it should have been. Offense really couldn't get it going. They didn't look as explosive as they usually do. 

Kenneth Murray had a really good game. He can fly. He did have one bad play where he got caught staring at the QB and let the RB get behind him.

6 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

I agree he likely won’t make free agency.  Nonetheless I’d still love to have the guy.  

He is another reason why I would not mind taking a shot at a WR in the 3rd.  If the talent is not there in the first you could still get good players later on.  Double dipping is also an option if there is good talent.

• Like 1