2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

Tee Higgins could be like Hakeem Butler last year. Butler was constantly mocked End of 1st but fell to the 4th Round. Higgins “resting” is just gonna tell teams his High School 40 of 4.75 is still accurate, which is horrendous. 

I personally have Higgins as my 29th ranked prospect but at this point I would not be shocked at all with a huge 2-3 Round tumble. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Tee Higgins could be like Hakeem Butler last year. Butler was constantly mocked End of 1st but fell to the 4th Round. Higgins “resting” is just gonna tell teams his High School 40 of 4.75 is still accurate, which is horrendous. 

I personally have Higgins as my 29th ranked prospect but at this point I would not be shocked at all with a huge 2-3 Round tumble. 

Higgins is a 4.5 guy that I was hoping would prove to be faster at the combine. No way he slips past the middle of the 2nd, though. Was hoping he’d test and prove he is top 4 in this class. 

6 minutes ago, Geezy said:

Higgins is a 4.5 guy that I was hoping would prove to be faster at the combine. No way he slips past the middle of the 2nd, though. Was hoping he’d test and prove he is top 4 in this class. 

Yeah I don’t think he’ll fall to the 4th but I wouldn’t be shocked at all if he fell to the 3rd. We see these type of tumbles all the time. Can you imagine Ruggs in the 1st and Higgins in the 3rd? Oh sweet baby jesus.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

He's the only corner I would consider taking in the first. I haven't done as much homework on him as others because I think he's long gone by 12, but from what I have watched of him I think he's one of the true blue chip prospects in this draft. I don't think corner is the most pressing need, and I think the guys likely to be there in the 3rd round are better value than the guys mocked in the first (excluding Okudah), but if he somehow slipped to 12 and Simmons and Lamb are gone I would certainly have zero issue with him being the pick. It isn't likely to happen, but hypothetically speaking I wouldn't be mad at one of the handful of true blue chip prospect. Even if it isn't our most pressing need. Pairing him with Mullen could make for one of the best duo's in the NFL for the next 5+ years. And having two super young, athletic, talented, high ceiling guys at corner would give any defensive coordinator a ton of flexibility. Particularly if Abram can be the player we think he has the potential to be. Great defenses are built in the trenches, but we have seen teams build a pass rush that's better than the sum of their parts by having a ridiculously good secondary. 

End of the day, we need talent everywhere on defense, young talent with a lot of upside (and skills to play early even better) is never a bad thing. Having guys like Ferrell and Crosby as second year guys with a lot of untapped potential could make the secondary better, and a good secondary can help those guys reach their potential. I want to add as much talent as possible to this team (an obvious statement I know) but everywhere on defense is a legitimate option even if we have other more pressing needs. This draft just happens to have a lot of depth in the areas our team has the biggest needs, so we really can go any number of direction. An edge rusher in the first would even be on the table if the right guy slipped because you can totally use 3 talented guys there without any one of them wasting away. But I also think the best value in this draft at edge will be in the second or third round so that's likely the optimal spot to grab one of those. 

I've gone back and forth on whether we should take one of the top 2 or 3 wideouts early or allow the depth to let us address that with a guy that likely would be drafted a round higher in a draft that has less depth. I think Lamb is the only current WR I want if available at 12 because I think he's the true cream of the crop, but I'll likely convince myself Jeudy could be worth that pick down the road. 

The one thing I know for sure, we can go any number of defensive players at any spot in this draft and not be wrong. I think the only thing we can't do is fail to take Simmons at 12 if he somehow manages to slip. Any other defensive player at any point of the draft will make sense. There's just too many needs. As it stands today with how I see the draft most likely falling I think Lamb and Murray is my preferred first round, but we'll see how it shakes out. I love how many different directions we can truly go this year. 

Edited by Mr Raider
  • Like 5

17 minutes ago, Geezy said:

Gruden and Mayock are going to appeal to the real football guys in the league. These guys live and breathe football

100% agreed. I imagine almost all of what they talk about is football, even non organizational stuff. They are huge fans of the sport. 

5 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

Came here to post this. He’s my #2 player in the draft. He’s better a better prospect than Ward and Ramsey were coming out IMO. And a better CB prospect than Peterson, but he had the Playmaking Ability Okudah doesn’t have with the ball in his hands. 

• Like 1