2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

who would be mad at 

12) Chaisson Edge

19) Patrick Queen. Queen

Chaisson is only 20 and has all pro potential at the edge. Ferrell, Max, Chaisson would be nasty. Chaisson could be that alpha pass rusher / defender we haven't had since Mack. could go double dip in the 3rd on wideouts.

3 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

who would be mad at 

12) Chaisson Edge

19) Patrick Queen. Queen

Chaisson is only 20 and has all pro potential at the edge. Ferrell, Max, Chaisson would be nasty. Chaisson could be that alpha pass rusher / defender we haven't had since Mack. could go double dip in the 3rd on wideouts.

1. Chiasson will be there at 19. So no.

2. Chiasson isn't better then Espensa and schematically a worse fit too.

3. We have WAY better needs then DE.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, OG_C2X said:

Agree with all of this. So to answer the original question, I’d be pretty upset.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, OG_C2X said:

Thank goodness for Maxx. If it wasn’t for his rise, we would absolutely be picking AJ or Gross-Matos at 12, literally no question. Maxx saved us a 1st Round Pick. I just hope he doesn’t regress. While he had 10 sacks, he was very inconsistent. But can’t complain too much for a 4th Round Pick. 

2 hours ago, raidr4life said:

Man I want Okudah. I’d easily take him over Simmons, Jeudy, Derrick Brown, and Kinlaw... and I love all four of those guys. Can’t see him getting past Jacksonville. And he probably goes to Carolina. 

Edited by BayRaider

4 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Thank goodness for Maxx. If it wasn’t for his rise, we would absolutely be picking AJ or Gross-Matos at 12, literally no question. Maxx saved us a 1st Round Pick. I just hope he doesn’t regress. While he had 10 sacks, he was very inconsistent. But can’t complain too much for a 4th Round Pick. 

I think there is zero chance of regression with Maxx. I think that was the tip of the iceberg. He said he spend the first half the of season jusr winging it out there, trying to keep up with he pace. He said as the season went on the game slowed down. His traits are there. He is going to explode this year. C.C. ain't lying. Big year for Maxx...

But you are correct Espensa would be definitely be in play for the pick

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Man I want Okudah. I’d easily take him over Simmons, Jeudy, Derrick Brown, and Kinlaw... and I love all four of those guys. 

I agree on every word of this post. He is going to be a very special player.

If the 40 time/injury risk causes him to drop, give me Moss in the later 3rd or 4th. 

I think teams are going to shy away from him early. In my opinion, playing in a Cook/Mattison type rotation with Jacobs would be an excellent situation for both. He's not going to ever be the fastest guy at RB, but his drive would be money on 3rd and short/medium. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

who would be mad at 

12) Chaisson Edge

19) Patrick Queen. Queen

If Okudah or Simmons isn't there at 12, I'd much rather trade back. D-Line just isn't a big enough need to take a BPA approach right now, nor is Chaisson the BPA at 12 in any scenario. Ferrell, Crosby, Hall, Hankins, Hurst, Key, Mauro, Mayowa/Jordan is a solid enough unit, and Ferrell, Crosby, Hall, Hurst, and Key need as much playing time as possible to reach their potential. I just don't see the value in flooding the D-line for the sake of it and we've invested fairly heavily recently. 

This draft is fairly deep at at least 2 of our positions of need (LB and WR). Double dipping at WR, I'm 100% for that. Queen isn't bad at 19, but that 12th pick could net some assets, and with CB being our 3rd most glaring need, there are plenty of solid options in the 2nd round. Take a stud if available or see what you can get in return.

Given Mayock and Gruden's recent successes with the middle rounds and how deep the class is, I'm not scared of a quantity heavy approach. I feel like there are a lot of guys who would probably be 1st rounders in other years that are going to be available in the 2nd, so if 12 can net us a pair of 2nds + later pick/player, I'd say it's not terrible value if a true stud at a key need doesn't fall to us there. 

Edited by ronjon1990
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, OG_C2X said:

I think there is zero chance of regression with Maxx. I think that was the tip of the iceberg. He said he spend the first half the of season jusr winging it out there, trying to keep up with he pace. He said as the season went on the game slowed down. His traits are there. He is going to explode this year. C.C. ain't lying. Big year for Maxx...

But you are correct Espensa would be definitely be in play for the pick

I think Maxx’s sacks will regress from 10.5 to 8.0 or so but I think his overall pressures will increase by like 20%. 

His finishing rate pressures to sacks last year was ridiculously high and I expect it to normalize this year. Basically the complete opposite of Arden Key who can’t finish at all lol. 

20% more pressures and 2 less sacks will help us more than hurt us though. 

Edited by BayRaider

6 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Man I want Okudah. I’d easily take him over Simmons, Jeudy, Derrick Brown, and Kinlaw... and I love all four of those guys. Can’t see him getting past Jacksonville. And he probably goes to Carolina. 

Came to post this. Watching this kid in interviews, hard not to fall in love. Opposite of Conley.