2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

7 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Thank goodness for Maxx. If it wasn’t for his rise, we would absolutely be picking AJ or Gross-Matos at 12, literally no question. Maxx saved us a 1st Round Pick. I just hope he doesn’t regress. While he had 10 sacks, he was very inconsistent. But can’t complain too much for a 4th Round Pick. 

He also had a couple sacks taken away on crazy penalties.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

It might be wishful thinking but I can’t see Jacksonville taking Simmons.  Jacksonville has a good defense and needs a ton of help on offense .

I hope you're right. Because I want Simmons. 

Edited by Steins Gate
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, roi34 said:

Key looked good until he got hurt. Key is big player for us this year. And getting Abrams back

I think we have to go into the season with Key competing for his spot on the team.  That isn’t a knock on Key, I like him a lot, but we need to go into camp with Ferrell & Crosby as starters, backed up by D.Jordan, Mayowa/veteran FA, and Key.  Not that we can’t keep 5, but we can’t rely on Key to be DE#3.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

It might be wishful thinking but I can’t see Jacksonville taking Simmons.  Jacksonville has a good defense and needs a ton of help on offense .

Jags could go a lot of different ways ... 

WR- DJ Chark emerged to a star but Jeudy / Lamb could make their wideouts scary. Make life easy for their QB

LT- their left tackle is average and if their is a a chance for upgrade 

DT- darreus was cut , so they could fall in love with Someone at DT. when their defense was dominating, their d line was a force. Campbell also getting old 

LB- they have two studs in Myles Jack and Josh Allen who they just spent a first round pick on. 

Edited by Humble_Beast

7 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

Jags could go a lot of different ways ... 

WR- DJ Chark emerged until a star but Jeudy / Lamb could make their wideouts scary. Make life easy for their QB

LT- their left tackle is average and if their is a a chance for upgrade 

DT- darreus was cut , so they could fall in love with Someone at DT. when their defense was dominating, their d line was a force. Campbell also getting old 

LB- they have two studs in Myles Jack and Josh Allen who they just spent a first round pick on. 

We really should try and throw a 3rd and 4th/5th/Gabe Jackson to AriZona to swap picks.  They can get the WR or RT they want at 8 and 12, so why not acquire extra picks.

Becton and Wills now locked in top 10 after turning heads at the combine. 

Andrew Thomas, Tristan Wirfs still right there and could go top 10.. likely 4 oline man going in top ten 

I still think a team could fall in love with Andrew Jackson, Josh Jones and they can go a lot higher than what people are thinking. 

plus Burrow, Tua Locked in top 10. Buzz 🐝 floating of Love and Herbert as top 10 picks too. 

two Ohio state kids locked in the top 10.... 

brown/Simmons/top wideout could all be on the board at 12...

LBs run today hopefully Queen kills it. He looks so explosive and fast when u watch him. Hope to see a good time today. Murray is gonna show out today with his time. He flys on the field. 

Logan Wilson  and Akeem Davis Gaither another two I will be keeping an eye on. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

LBs run today hopefully Queen kills it. He looks so explosive and fast when u watch him. Hope to see a good time today. Murray is gonna show out today with his time. He flys on the field. 

That is an under the radar guy I wouldn’t mind

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

What you think Simmons runs?  
whats the number we hope he runs so he’s there at 12?

Ive seen people predict he’s as low as 4.42.  I’m hoping he runs a 4.52... that’d help to get him to 12.  I’d honestly not be surprised if he busts out an insane time, I have no idea what he’ll run.

I am starting to think the point of bringing in Marinelli is to coach up the DL guys that we have. Though I wouldn't mind Brown or Kinlaw. 

That said, I think the rumors are correct that Mayock is looking for LB or WR at #12. If we had the choice between Simmons, Lamb, and Jeudy, I would take them in that order. However, due to other teams probably thinking the same thing as I am, there is a strong possibility that 2 of the 3 will not be there (Simmons and Lamb IMO).

I don't like Jeudy, but I trust Mayock, so if he becomes a Raider, I won't complain. Would prefer Ruggs actually.

Brown and Kinlaw are terrific, but not needs. They would fall under BPA. The interior DL we have are solid rotational guys. 

Jordan Love at #12 would piss me off. But at #19 I could live with (only if we signed Brady). IDK if drafting Love and trying to make Carr continue to play for us would be a good idea. 

Just in case I'm missing somebody, who else would you guys take at #12?