2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

2 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

Becton and Wills now locked in top 10 after turning heads at the combine. 

Andrew Thomas, Tristan Wirfs still right there and could go top 10.. likely 4 oline man going in top ten 

I still think a team could fall in love with Andrew Jackson, Josh Jones and they can go a lot higher than what people are thinking. 

plus Burrow, Tua Locked in top 10. Buzz 🐝 floating of Love and Herbert as top 10 picks too. 

two Ohio state kids locked in the top 10.... 

brown/Simmons/top wideout could all be on the board at 12...

Wirfs oh my god I know we don’t need help at that position but geeze I mean triple o geeeeeeeeze he’s a hell of a lineman. Best I’ve seen since Trent Williams 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

It might be wishful thinking but I can’t see Jacksonville taking Simmons.  Jacksonville has a good defense and needs a ton of help on offense .

I don't know man, Jacksonville closed out with some of the worst defensive play of any team in the league.  Their linebackers were a hot mess, even Jack looked bad... They have a bunch of needs, so there's that.  However, I wouldn't put it past them to simply draft the top defensive player to try to regain some semblance of their previous defensively strong team.

Bottom line, I think the Simmons  train ends at Jacksonville as I don't believe there's a chance he falls father.  If we really want him, I think we need to move up past the Jags

2 minutes ago, 101Raider said:

I don't know man, Jacksonville closed out with some of the worst defensive play of any team in the league.  Their linebackers were a hot mess, even Jack looked bad... They have a bunch of needs, so there's that.  However, I wouldn't put it past them to simply draft the top defensive player to try to regain some semblance of their previous defensively strong team.

Bottom line, I think the Simmons  train ends at Jacksonville as I don't believe there's a chance he falls father.  If we really want him, I think we need to move up past the Jags

Meh nyg just got rid of their mlb and they need safety help Simmons would be a good pick for them

i think devin went #6 last year

We really want 4 QBs (Burrow, Tua, Herbert and Love) and 4 OT (Becton, Willis Wirfs and Thomas) Go in be the top 12 but definitely in the top 19. 

If 8 OT/QB go in the top 12, it means 4 Blue Chip players (Young, Okudah, Brown, Simmons, Lamb, Ruggs, Juedy) will be there at 12.

The more likely scenario is that all 8 in the top 19.

That means we can land 2 of the following players.Young, Okudah, Brown, Simmons, Lamb, Ruggs, Juedy, Kinlaw, Queen Higgins and Jefferson at 19. 

23 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Meh nyg just got rid of their mlb and they need safety help Simmons would be a good pick for them

i think devin went #6 last year

I agree, I think NYG is his most likely spot. My only hope is that Giants feel obligated to protect their QB and go Tackle with Wirfs and Becton showing out.

Edited by 101Raider
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, 101Raider said:

I agree, I think NYG is his most likely spot. My only hope is that Giants feel obligated to protect their QB and go Tackle with Wirfs and Becton showing out.

Geeze I hate the year we need a ot and we have to dumpster dive

and the year we don’t it’s like 5 guys who are arguably lightweight superheroes 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

What you think Simmons runs?  
whats the number we hope he runs so he’s there at 12?

Ive seen people predict he’s as low as 4.42.  I’m hoping he runs a 4.52... that’d help to get him to 12.  I’d honestly not be surprised if he busts out an insane time, I have no idea what he’ll run.

Simmons I would expect a time around 4.45. Wouldn’t be surprised if it some how gets under 4.4. 

Raiders have to hope teams start the run on OTs and QBs in the draft for Simmons to fall. You never know with the draft tho. Really anything can happen. 

There are 6 OT needy teams that pick ahead of the Raiders. OT is very top heavy with the big 4 and a big drop off after them. Well see if teams get desperate and start to take them early. 

Edited by agarcia34

KJ Hill running slow will make him a steal. In rounds 4-5 and beyond, that's a dude that can become a starter in the NFL. Put on a route clinic at the senior bowl. I see a little Emmanuel sanders in him.

I think we have to douple dip at WR in 1/3.

Also I think Mayock was talking about Aiyuk with regard to his conversation about college WRs and the offense he played in. Don't think he's a target personally.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

KJ Hill running slow will make him a steal. In rounds 4-5 and beyond, that's a dude that can become a starter in the NFL. Put on a route clinic at the senior bowl. I see a little Emmanuel sanders in him.

Also I think Mayock was talking about Aiyuk with regard to his conversation about college WRs and the offense he played in. Don't think he's a target personally.

Would love it if he’s there in the 3rd. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Blazer026 said:

Would love it if he’s there in the 3rd. 

I think there will be better options in the 3rd, only because we can get a HWS specimen there (claypool comes to mind). I think Hill's slow 40 will sink him until later, but that will make him a phenomenal value.

45 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I definitely think we should double dip at WR. 1st and 3rd.  Heck if we can pick up some picks in trade downs I’m not opposed to grabbing a 3rd WR too, assuming it’s good value.  

Wr1- ????, ???

wr2- T. Williams, Doss/Ateman

slotWR- Renfrow, maybe we put Zay Jones here? 

mayock is really talking like we won’t draft a WR in round 1 though.