2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

19 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

I think Delpit’s tackling issues have gotten a bit overblown at this point.  He had 16 missed tackles so it’s definitely concerning but he had a bad ankle injury.  If you have no stability in your ankles it’s going to cause you to not properly breakdown and make a form tackle and take poor angles.  I watched some, but admittedly not all, of his MT’s and while I admit there’s no way to tell how much the injury played from watching the videos but I came away seeing poor form and angles as the main reason for his MTs.  
the guy does have very good range.  Albeit it isn’t Malik Hooker range but it’s very good.

id say he’s not a bad option at 19 but also not my top pick.  I wouldn’t be jumping for joy or pissed if it happened.

i actually am pretty torn on him vs McKinney for FS1.

overall, I think CB is a much bigger need for us than another safety to go with Abram.  I really hope we bring Joseph back because Harris is a #3 and Heath is a pure ST player on a decent Defense.

Sadly, there’s no real 1st round / week 1 starting CBS after Okudah who will be long   Gone by 12 it seems.  

What's you take on Henderson or Diggs?  I haven't done much research on either but I see them both going in the 1st in most mock drafts.  

6 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

What's you take on Henderson or Diggs?  I haven't done much research on either but I see them both going in the 1st in most mock drafts.  

Diggs tackles like a girl and has speed issues.  There are things to like but he scares me too much.  
Henderson could be decent but he just doesn’t wow me and has bush factor too.  Their high 2nd prospects IMO.  

I do like Johnson too but he’s a development guy.  I wouldn’t expect him to come on as fast as Mullens did. He’s a year 2 starter IMO.  If we’re going to draft a CB we need to get into round 2.

My optimum draft scenarios right now:

1.12 - CJ Henderson, CB

1.19 - Trade down into mid/late 20s and draft Aiyuk/Higgins/Reagor

1.12 - Jerry Jeudy or CeeDee Lamb

1.19 - Trade down into mid/late 20s and draft Fulton/Gladney/Diggs

23 minutes ago, Chwf3rd25 said:

1.12 - CJ Henderson, CB

Your first scenario is muy reachy. The second one is more likely. Pass on Diggs. Super overrated. Gladney, Fulton, and Henderson are all better man corners.

14 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Your first scenario is muy reachy. The second one is more likely. Pass on Diggs. Super overrated. Gladney, Fulton, and Henderson are all better man corners.

How is the first scenario reachy?

Number 12 is right where Henderson should go and I wouldn’t be surprised if he goes to JAX at 9.  CBs with his size, athleticism, and man coverage ability don’t last long.  Tackling and ball production are the issues with him but we were just going after Byron Jones who similarly lacks ball production.

After Jeudy/Lamb there’s a big 2nd tier of WRs which is why I’d like to trade back from 19 if we pass on those guys.  Anyone of Aiyuk, Higgins, and Reagor is a great value in that late 1st range.  Really don’t think we can wait until round 3 to take a WR.

9 minutes ago, Chwf3rd25 said:

Number 12 is right where Henderson should go and I wouldn’t be surprised if he goes to JAX at 9.  CBs with his size, athleticism, and man coverage ability don’t last long.  Tackling and ball production are the issues with him but we were just going after Byron Jones who similarly lacks ball production.

After Jeudy/Lamb there’s a big 2nd tier of WRs which is why I’d like to trade back from 19 if we pass on those guys.  Anyone of Aiyuk, Higgins, and Reagor is a great value in that late 1st range.  Really don’t think we can wait until round 3 to take a WR.

Henderson is a bit overrated. Struggles with physical WRs. He ran well, but he hasn't done enough to separate himself from the glut of cornerbacks after Okudah IMO. Dude will get bodied if you try to put him on #1 WRs who win with physicality. 

I disagree with your WR assessment. Jeudy/Lamb/Ruggs are all top tier.

Reagor and Aiyuk would be horrible reaches in the late 1st.  I'd rather have Van Jefferson in the 3rd round than either of these guys in the late 1st. Hamler, Mims, and Jefferson are all comparable/better prospects IMO. Higgins I like, but has some athletic testing red flags where unless he ran with a hurt hammy, I'd have to be careful about taking him. Not nearly as sure of a thing as the top 3 WR.

I think unless you can land Derrick Brown at 12, take the pick of the best WR on the board and don't get cute. I would try to trade down from 19 and take a DB who may drop. Delpit in the late 1st could end up being a fantastic gamble.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Chwf3rd25 said:

This is by far the worst scenarios I’ve seen so far.  I’d take Mayock out in the parking lot myself if he did something so inept as that.

id do into an indepth analysis as to why that’s a horrible draft for us but honestly it doesn’t deserve that much thought.  No offense meant it’s just the truth.

scenario 2 is far more realistic and reasonable 

Edited by jimkelly02
  • Like 1

Crock has a nice breakdown of Henderson. I understand his physical profile is excellent, but he needs a LOT of coaching. The technique is just absolutely all over the place. Compare this to how Dantzler played against Chase. Night and day. And Dantzler could drop to the 3rd with his slow 40 time. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Chwf3rd25 said:

1.12 - CJ Henderson, CB

I quit reading when I saw you had Henderson at 12

• Like 1