2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

3 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

I’d unequivocally give up a 3rd to move up. Jefferson is good but Lamb is significantly better and more valuable as an outside WR not a slot WR

Jefferson can absolutely play outside. He’s best in the slot but he can do both. Plus we also have Pittman in the 3rd to play on the outside. 

9 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Jefferson can absolutely play outside. He’s best in the slot but he can do both. Plus we also have Pittman in the 3rd to play on the outside. 

I can play outside that’s not the point.  Jefferson’s value is much less as an outside WR and Lamb’s value is much more than him.

If all WR's and Brown are on the board I take Brown and trade up once a WR is drafted. I prefer Jeudy, Ruggs, Lamb in that order but would love any or even TWO of them. LOL They are game breaking/changing WR's (better than #1 WR's right) Jeudy did nothing to hurt his stock but he seems to be falling in the eyes of FF. Ruggs will bust an Offense open and I don't think Anyspeedster from anyU will be there by our pick in the 3rd. I expect a run on WR's before 80 and LB having best value and WR with our last 3rd. Lamb has the alpha dog mentality and hands that everyone mentions, but the party rumor and a hair slower is why I think he'll be the 3rd WR taken.

I'd like a CB in the 2nd as I see only one as top 1st talent. Yes I'd take him over Brown and Simmons over all of them. Simmons removes the TE and can do great things when moved on the chess board. Young is the only non QB I'd take over Simmons. Great FA so far with a head scratcher or two but one of our new coaches came from Dallas so adding some vets there makes sense. Anything to keep Witten out of the booth right?!? O.o

• Like 1

Have to think how this Covid-19 affects these rookie QBs. No rookie mini camp very limited personal contact with the team that drafts them no OTAs. Teams like Chargers and Bengals who probably are going after QBs will have to lean on their vet QBs more then ever this upcoming season. 

We clearly have no depth at RB behind Jacobs and I feel most of us would like to see us draft a RB to take some of the pressure off of him in the trenches.  Who do you guys like in this draft if we are to spend one of our 2 3rd rounders on a back? 

From the little that I have seen Cam Akers or Zack Moss seem like they should be there and might pose good value.

Edited by Frankie2Gunz
  • Like 1

Looking closer at the CB's in this draft. Raiders have always liked tall long-armed CBs. With Mayock as the GM that didn't change Mullen and Johnson 6'1'' and 6'2'' with 31 and 33-inch arm length. 

Trevon Diggs - 6'1''' 32 inch arm length

CJ Henderson 6'1'' 31 inch arm length

Jeff Okudah 6'1'' 32 inch arm length

AJ Terell 6'1'' 31 inch arm length

These are the first-rounders who fit that mold

Bryce Hall, Lamar Jackson and Cameron Dantzler all second or third round prospects who fil the mold.

Diggs much like I.Johnson from last year former WR turned CB. Diggs has only been a CB for two years. Would the Raiders want another raw CB when they're already trying to build up the one from last year. Raiders will be looking for a CB who can start and play right away.

Okudah and Henderson both most likely gone. Raiders would have to use the 12th pick on Henderson if they wanted him. 

Which is the reason why I would say AJ Terrell is the most likely pick at 19 or later on if they were to pick a CB in round one.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

We clearly have no depth at RB behind Jacobs and I feel most of us would like to see us draft a RB to take some of the pressure off of him in the trenches.  Who do you guys like in this draft if we are to spend one of our 2 3rd rounders on a back? 

From the little that I have seen Cam Akers or Zack Moss seem like they should be there and might pose good value.

I'd rather wait until day 3 for RB (Vaughn at the top of my list). Can still sign a vet as well.

I thought Jaylon was a little bit bigger. Looked at the combine numbers still 6'0'' but him and Fulton fit into the 6'0'' category. Raiders more than anybody love to stick with certain height-weight-speed requirements. They did pick Conley who is 6'0'' a couple years ago so there is that. Will be interesting in seeing what they do next month. 

55 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Looking closer at the CB's in this draft. Raiders have always liked tall long-armed CBs. With Mayock as the GM that didn't change Mullen and Johnson 6'1'' and 6'2'' with 31 and 33-inch arm length. 

Trevon Diggs - 6'1''' 32 inch arm length

CJ Henderson 6'1'' 31 inch arm length

Jeff Okudah 6'1'' 32 inch arm length

AJ Terell 6'1'' 31 inch arm length

These are the first-rounders who fit that mold

Bryce Hall, Lamar Jackson and Cameron Dantzler all second or third round prospects who fil the mold.

Diggs much like I.Johnson from last year former WR turned CB. Diggs has only been a CB for two years. Would the Raiders want another raw CB when they're already trying to build up the one from last year. Raiders will be looking for a CB who can start and play right away.

Okudah and Henderson both most likely gone. Raiders would have to use the 12th pick on Henderson if they wanted him. 

Which is the reason why I would say AJ Terrell is the most likely pick at 19 or later on if they were to pick a CB in round one.

@NCOUGHMAN guy Reggie Robinson II fits the mold at 6’1 and “31.5 arms and could be a good mid round pick.

• Like 1

I like Lamb, but my feeling is we will pick Ruggs, he has the AB like potential in this offense.

Then look at Claypool or Pittman jr. in the 3rd. 

Trade back with #19 get another 3rd rounder and take Kenneth Murray. Littleton/ Kwiatkoski/ Murray

Package two 3rd rounders and get into the 2nd grab Jaylon Johnson.

GM of the year.;)

Edited by raidr4life

What do you guys think of:

Michael Ojemudia, CB, Iowa: 6’ 0 5/8”, 200, 32.25” arms, 4.45 40yd speed, 6.87 3cone, 4.21 short shuttle, 36” vert

as a 4th or 5th round pick?

3ints and 9-12 pd’s per year as junior and senior

ive always understood it to be that Iowa plays mostly zone so he probably doesn’t have that much experience in press man.

https://hawkeyesports.com/sports/football/roster/michael-ojemudia/13361

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/michael-ojemudia?id=32194f4a-4542-6541-d072-0ac2f5e57c64

Quote: “did not like playing cornerback in high school because he did not get to hit often enough.”

Edited by jimkelly02
Note: how do you like him as a purely developmental prospect for us. He probably couldn’t get much PT first year.
  • Like 1