2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

37 minutes ago, oakdb36 said:

Pretty sure if we had a bigger need at LB, we'd be saying the value isn't good at 19. I wonder what people will be saying when 5 CBs and 0 S go in the 1st. McKinney is the only S in the top 32 in DJ's latest top 50 rankings. But he's a 4.6+ guy. Can't see anyone drafting a slow DB in the 1st.

you might be right about the first part. however if 5 cbs go its because its a passing league and teams need corners.lol (not because there are 5 first round rated cb`s) I do like McKinney and believe we need help at safety, and if we stay put at 19 that is a decent pick. my point was actually that no pick at 19 right now is gonna be 100% perfect(unless a miracle slide occurs) my actual favorite safety prospect is hardly mentioned and not a first round guy(dugger) big, fast, instinctive, in the box, play centerfield and in a pinch can return. his only knock is level of comp. (which was answered a little at the sr bowl A...and B was the same knock on a certain 4th rounder last year)

2 hours ago, Darbsk said:

Is Williams tradeable with his cap hit? Id rather Hunter in the slot with Juedy outside with our passing game and YAC if it was possible to trade Williams......   

If we trade Williams it saves us all 11.1M, unless we trade him after his workout bonus is given out and in that case we’d get the 100k

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Bull**** on simms here. Jeudy and Davis are nothing alike as prospects...

Jeudy is very explosive and shifty.

He's not wrong. Jeudy is explosive and shifty, but he doesn't have any truly elite abilities like a Julio Jones coming out. He's great, but I don't think you'll ever argue "Jeudy is the best WR in the NFL" in his career.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

No disrespect to you but that drafts horrible for us.  We all know how bullish you are on Blacklock and all but he’s not that great.  And spending a 1st on him isn’t a great move for us; at all.

eveyone has favorite players they sneak into their mocks, but you go full on.  At least you don’t have your favs slipping into unreasonable rounds, I’ll give you that.

He’s worthy of the 21st pick according to several big boards. Also DJ’s 19th Ranked Player. And never gets past Seattle at 27 in most mocks. DT is still a need for us. Is CB a bigger need? Absolutely. But the value has to be there. No CB was worth Pick 21. 

3 hours ago, SBXISBXVSBXVIII said:

Thoughts on AJ Dillon? He could be the thunder to Jacobs lighting.

I Really like Dillon ... he’d be a great RB2.  The only problem with a big RB is he’s not as interchangeable as a guy like Cam Akers.  If we could get a guy like Akers at 80 he’s completely interchangeable with Jacobs.  But he’s a higher pick then Dillon. I’d be happy either way... I’m just discussing the pros and cons

• Like 3

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I'd bet my life savings that we don't take two WR's in the first round. Have y'all seen our defense? 

Agreed. Even if it’s two of the big three. It’s amazing what people come up with on here. We’d be the laughing stock of the NFL if we selected two WRs in the 1st, regardless of who they are. 

1 hour ago, Geezy said:

as far as the WRs go, im set on Ruggs. Hes the missing piece to our offense that we need. With the way Carr spreads it out, we do not need a conventional "volume guy" (we have that in Waller, anyway) Ruggs is the perfect compliment to what we do on offense, and will prevent teams from stacking the box to stop the run and hell also open things up for Waller and Renfrow to work the middle of the field. 

The thing about Ruggs too is that everyone wants to pigeon hole him as strictly a deep threat because of his speed but that's not the case at all. He was targeted on slants, screens, and crossing routes just as much as he was targeted on go-routes. 

7 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

He's not wrong. Jeudy is explosive and shifty, but he doesn't have any truly elite abilities like a Julio Jones coming out. He's great, but I don't think you'll ever argue "Jeudy is the best WR in the NFL" in his career.

The same can be said for CeeDee Lamb. Neither guy has any special trait physically. They're both pretty average in terms of H/W/S. 

3 hours ago, Rich7sena said:

I don't think Henderson's tackling is that bad. My biggest issue with him is that he lacks the physicality and competitiveness that I like from the position. It's less that he's a bad tackler and more than he doesn't put himself in the position to make a play as a tackler in the same way AJ Terrell or Kristian Fulton do. And in today's NFL--where there is a proliferation of teams running jet sweeps and outside zone--corners who are disruptive at the line are very important.

I would want Terrell or Henderson at 19, in that order. The way Miller's mock falls, I would take like 15-20 players over McKinney.

The problem with Henderson isn’t he’s a poor tackler as much as the fact he literally purposefully doesn’t get off blocks to make a tackle or positions himself so he doesn’t have to hit someone.  I could accept poor form or just not being that good but trying.... but Henderson literally acts like he’s afraid to hit someone.  It’s bad, real bad.  And I’m not exaggerating, the kid literally avoids contact.  I’ve never seen anything like it.

8 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

He’s worthy of the 21st pick according to several big boards. Also DJ’s 19th Ranked Player. And never gets past Seattle at 27 in most mocks. DT is still a need for us. Is CB a bigger need? Absolutely. But the value has to be there. No CB was worth Pick 21. 

You can find someone or two who says every player is worth a #21 pick for the top 60ish picks.

i liked Blacklock back when he was a 4th rounder but the guys always been a 2nd round pick... he’s just not that good.  If you want to Think so fine, doesn’t bother me.  Reality is it’s not likely Mayock would spend a 1st on a 3Tech given our roster unless Kinlaw or Brown falls.  Huge, huge gap in talent from them to Blacklock.  Just because Mahomes is good doesn’t mean Love will be and just because Chris Jones is good doesn’t mean Blacklock will be.  Chasing the “Next player X” is how you over pick someone drastically.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Agreed. Even if it’s two of the big three. It’s amazing what people come up with on here. We’d be the laughing stock of the NFL if we selected two WRs in the 1st, regardless of who they are. 

Idk how someone saying they’d take Jeudy at 12 and Lamb at 19 if he fell into our laps is any different that the numerous comments you make on prospects. 
We’d be the laughing stock of the NFL if we did many of the things you want.  Also, aren’t you the one who says everyone’s entitled to their opinions no matter how extreme, yet when a few people say they’d take a 2nd WR if he fell all  a sudden what they’re saying would be “laughing stock” material.  Kinda hypocritical.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Devilshark69 said:

im in for using that late 3rd or 4th on a rb. Dillon would work for me as well as perine and moss. perines my guy but id take any of the 3.

100%.  I see great value in getting a RB at Rounds 3-5.  It keeps Jacobs fresh and hopefully healthy.  The RB would see 60-100 rushes potentially.  That’s a lot more playing time then backups at many other positions.

we can’t run Jacobs into the ground like last year... he’s a tough SOB but he literally was crying in pain trying to play and not cuz he’s a puss, cuz his shoulder was falling apart.

Edited by jimkelly02
H
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

The same can be said for CeeDee Lamb. Neither guy has any special trait physically. They're both pretty average in terms of H/W/S. 

I agree. So I'll take the guy who shows to be a more physical player overall to make contested catches and doesn't get dropsies in traffic.

• Like 1