2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

3 hours ago, oakdb36 said:

Don't expect trade options for 19 either. What Gil Brandt said about the 1st tier ending at 16 players is pretty accurate, meaning after those 16, teams' boards are going to look very different and there won't be much desire to trade up for anyone. It's well reflected in this forum where every prospect brought up is deemed a reach at 19 for the simple fact that it's the 2nd tier territory in which a bunch of prospects running through the 2nd round range are really close. In the end, you still got to pick someone and probably at 19 since trading won't be easy.

Our ace in the whole is if Love is there at 19 a few teams might want to jump NE at 24

• Like 1

14 hours ago, raidr4life said:

Um No! You are under selling Ruggs.

How am I underselling him? I like him, but he's not an "elite" prospect. For all his speed, Jeudy is quicker off the line. Judy is more fluid as well. Ruggs has burner speed, but not as shifty a runner. He also isn't the best at tracking the ball deep. Adequate, but he's not in that Tyreek Hill mode of tracking and winning contested catches. 

Watch the LSU game. He struggled getting off against their physical corners. 

I think he will be solid WR and would love to have him on the team, but I don't think he's an elite WR that I have to have at 12. Just my take though. Completely happy and understand taking WR at 12 (prefer Lamb) but won't cry if they don't address WR in round 1.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, NYRaider said:

If we skip taking a WR early and get someone in the middle rounds, everyone's going to be crying again about how Carr didn't have enough weapons in the passing game.

Let's be real, the Carr haters will hate on him no matter the circumstances. If we take a WR in round 1 and he isn't a world beater as a rookie, it will be because Carr didn't throw it to him.

Carr is past the point of return. Part of the fan base (though they won't admit it) want him to fail just to say they told you so. Carr will never be accepted fully no matter what he accomplishes now.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

Our ace in the whole is if Love is there at 19 a few teams might want to jump NE at 24

Yes, that'd be one way to find a trade. Could even be a trade with NE. Imo, our best hope is some team targeting Love or whoever is left at OT.

13 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

We will get a Wr in this draft, there is not doubting that, the question is will any of those WR's pose good value at 12?  You guys can homer out all day about Ruggs but as you can see from my prior post Wr's in the 1st round over the last 5 years have been terrible value.  Is Ruggs Hill or Ross?  People were saying how great Ross was coming out and now look at what Cicny has.  Terrible value bc they were mesmerized with his speed.  Sounds like someone who used to makes picks for us LOL 

Somewhere between Desean Jackson and Ted Ginn

12 hours ago, Blazer026 said:

I agree somewhat. Only WR I want at 12 are Lamb, Jeudy, or Shenault. Although I know Shenault is debatable to most. Ideally trading down a little from 19 and getting another 2/3 pick and then taking a WR is what I’m hopeful for. 

You and I are the only ones in here who like Shenault it feels like. I just hope injuries, lack of pre-draft activity push him to 80 and we can steal him. But he likely goes in round 2.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, big_palooka said:

You and I are the only ones in here who like Shenault it feels like. I just hope injuries, lack of pre-draft activity push him to 80 and we can steal him. But he likely goes in round 2.

Why do you like him so much? I was watching Antonio Gibson the other day and wondered why teams would draft Shenault over this guy. Seems like they could both provide the same skillset, except Gibson is much faster.

Another under the radar WR, Devin Duvernay. Fast, but bulked up frame who plays like a RB. Great hands.

There is so much value at WR in this class. You can find potential in nearly every round if you know how to develop it.

Watch the LSU game. Duvernay spends the day running through Grant Delpit

Edited by big_palooka
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, oakdb36 said:

Why do you like him so much? I was watching Antonio Gibson the other day and wondered why teams would draft Shenault over this guy. Seems like they could both provide the same skillset, except Gibson is much faster.

Shenault plays physical, which I love. He can body DBs and win off the LOS. He has outstanding ball skills and athleticism. He plucks the ball out of the air. Has the best body control (on par with Lamb to make the tough catches).  He can win deep (great at tracking), win jump balls and win underneath. And he can line up at any WR spot as Gruden likes in his WRs. His issue is injuries and that's a big if with him. And he'll need to work hard on his routes.

He's boom or bust, but I'll bet on that boom.

Gibson, I don't know enough about him and won't pretend I do reading a draft blog (I will take the time to watch though, thanks) But I just see rare ball skills and ability in Shenault that I don't think a lot of WRs possess and would venture that's the case with Gibson.

Edited by big_palooka

45 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Shenault plays physical, which I love. He can body DBs and win off the LOS. He has outstanding ball skills and athleticism. He plucks the ball out of the air. Has the best body control (on par with Lamb to make the tough catches).  He can win deep (great at tracking), win jump balls and win underneath. And he can line up at any WR spot as Gruden likes in his WRs. His issue is injuries and that's a big if with him. And he'll need to work hard on his routes.

He's boom or bust, but I'll bet on that boom.

Gibson, I don't know enough about him and won't pretend I do reading a draft blog (I will take the time to watch though, thanks) But I just see rare ball skills and ability in Shenault that I don't think a lot of WRs possess and would venture that's the case with Gibson.

I stated this before I think he’s a perfect fit for Gruden’s offense.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, oakdb36 said:

Gibson is such an interesting prospect as a hybrid WR/RB. I'd love to add him with one of our third round picks, he's going to be a matchup nightmare if he's utilized correctly. 

If we're not in love with any of the WR's at #12 and Herbert/Love are still on the board, I'd be happy with a trade down. Indianapolis makes the most sense because they have the draft capital to make a move. 

Something like #12 for #34, #44, and #75 would be ideal. 

• Like 2

Here is something to think about.  We all know Edge rushers are a premium and you can never have too many good ones.  What do you guys think about Chassion if he is on the board? 

I don't know much about him but he is a highly ranked Edge rusher.  Yes we have Maxx and Ferrell but behind them not much and we have been one of the worst pass rushing teams in the NFL for a decade.  Let's say Kinlaw or Brown are there at 12 and Chassion is there at 19, do we make that move?  If those guys pan out that would give us one heck of a rotation along the Dline and pass rush would go from weakness to strength in a flash.  Interesting to think about and debate....

• Like 1