20-Yard Shuttle: 4.53 (3rd percentile) 

CeeDee Lamb

Height: 6'2" (67th percentile)

Weight: 198 (41st percentile)

40 time: 4.50 (55th percentile) 

Broad Jump: 124" (74th percentile)

Bench Press: 11 reps (21st percentile)

11 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

As @Frankie2Gunz pointed out though, a lot of 1st round pick WR's don't pan out. 

If you look at the top 20 WR's in the league last season in terms of receiving yards only 5 were first round picks. (Julio Jones, DeVante Parker, Amari Cooper, DeAndre Hopkins, and Mike Evans)

I could see a 3T (Brown or Kinlaw) or a CB at 12 and a Safety at 19 then waiting until the 3rd or trade up into the 2nd for a WR that poses better value than one would in the 1st.  Highly unlikely all 3 (Lamb, Jeudy, Ruggs) turn out to be good value in the top 15 or NFL studs for that matter.  

nobody in an nfl front office this year is gonna stress over getting 1 particular receiver this year, don't get me wrong jeudy and lamb are great talents ruggs is great too, but between the talent pool and the nit picking, and the "do we really value this guy over that guy" talk starts, receivers will get pushed down the board. meanwhile there is 4 OT`s , 4QB`s and 4 blue chip defenders. IMO there will be some teams calling about our #12 for one of these 12 guys (duh.lol) if brown , okudah or simmons is there ya gotta do that, if not I hope we get a good trade offer. H*ll, I hope we trade and move around with BOTH first rounders with as much value as there is in the second and 3rd for what we need (wr,db,s,olb #2 rb) even Henderson might be a "sought after guy" at 12 , ya never know(dallas,den,etc)

31 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

1st round WR's since 2015.  How many elite 1's do you see here?

Amari Cooper Kevin White DeVante Parker Nelson Agholor Breshad Perriman Phillip Dorsett Corey Coleman Will Fuller Josh Doctson Laquon Treadwell Corey Davis Mike Williams John Ross D.J. Moore Calvin Ridley Marquise Brown N'Keal Harry

Something to think about when so many are set on a WR at 12.  An elite 1 is what you expect when selecting a WR top 15.

This just proves there aren't many Elite ones in the league they are rare, but you can get a playmaker that fits your scheme.

• Like 1

if Henderson just tried to tackle, id be all over him at 12. Hes a great cover guy, but his unwillingness to stop ball carriers is a huge red flag for me. Now at #19, maybe, but i doubt he last that long. I cant remember a prospect that avoided contact as much as him.

as far as the WRs go, im set on Ruggs. Hes the missing piece to our offense that we need. With the way Carr spreads it out, we do not need a conventional "volume guy" (we have that in Waller, anyway) Ruggs is the perfect compliment to what we do on offense, and will prevent teams from stacking the box to stop the run and hell also open things up for Waller and Renfrow to work the middle of the field. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Devilshark69 said:

we need both, slight edge in value at safety at 19 I agree, but neither is great value unfortunately. currently no one is sold on ANY prospect at 19 (h*ll most of us agree murray ,queen, baun might be better value but lesser need.lol)  I do like what ive read about McKinney but ill be honest I believe imo the best value for safety is in the late 2nd to 3rd round, cb value is in the 2nd. gonna leave us in a tough spot at 19 if we cant find a trade partner.

Pretty sure if we had a bigger need at LB, we'd be saying the value isn't good at 19. I wonder what people will be saying when 5 CBs and 0 S go in the 1st. McKinney is the only S in the top 32 in DJ's latest top 50 rankings. But he's a 4.6+ guy. Can't see anyone drafting a slow DB in the 1st.

38 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

I hadn't really seen much if him at all but he's really growing on me recently and really like the guy and his wolverine attitude, worth the risk in the third round even if he isn't ideal size.

Yep. Playmaker. If he had prototypical HWS who knows he could be pushing for the 1st round...

Something else interesting that I noticed is that Henry Ruggs III has HUGE hands. Jeudy's hands are 9 1/2" (61st percentile) and Lamb's hands are 9 1/4" (41st percentile) while Ruggs hands are 10 1/8" (90th percentile). 

And of the top 3 WR's he's the only one that tested out at an elite level, with his forty time of 4.27 (98th percentile), vertical leap of 42" (97th percentile), and broad jump of 131" (94th percentile). 

Outside of Ruggs the only top WR prospect that has elite physical tools is Denzel Mims. 

Mims

Height: 6'3" (81st percentile)

Weight: 207 (62nd percentile)

Arm length: 33 7/8" (93rd percentile)

Hand size: 9 3/8" (51st percentile)

40 time: 4.38 (90th percentile)

Vertical jump: 38 1/2" (84th percentile)

Broad jump: 131" (94th percentile) 

3-cone drill: 6.66 (90th percentile)

20-yard shuttle: 4.43 (10th percentile)

Bench reps: 16 (64th percentile)

2 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Bull**** on simms here. Jeudy and Davis are nothing alike as prospects...

Jeudy is very explosive and shifty.

The thing with Corey Davis too is that he didn't do any of the athletic testing drills at the combine or at his pro-day. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I could see a 3T (Brown or Kinlaw) or a CB at 12 and a Safety at 19 then waiting until the 3rd or trade up into the 2nd for a WR that poses better value than one would in the 1st.  Highly unlikely all 3 (Lamb, Jeudy, Ruggs) turn out to be good value in the top 15 or NFL studs for that matter.  

I'm honestly warming up to the idea of a small trade up for Derrick Brown, Jeff Okudah, or Isaiah Simmons if they slip down the board. 

The chances that one Brown or Okudah slides down is more realistic. And I'd be thrilled to add either one. Adding Brown to pair with Collins on the interior would completely transform our pass rush IMO. And adding Okudah to pair with Mullen would give us one of the best young CB duos in the league. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I'm honestly warming up to the idea of a small trade up for Derrick Brown, Jeff Okudah, or Isaiah Simmons if they slip down the board. 

The chances that one Brown or Okudah slides down is more realistic. And I'd be thrilled to add either one. Adding Brown to pair with Collins on the interior would completely transform our pass rush IMO. And adding Okudah to pair with Mullen would give us one of the best young CB duos in the league. 

I think we are all down for that, but I'm only okay with it if we are still able to land a t3 WR. If that means trading up with the other pick, so be it. IMO there is a large dropoff in the "sure-thingness" of the next tier.

Even guys I like, like Tee Higgins, have bust potential.

As nuts as it sounds, if we could trade a 3 to move up to 9/10, and another 3 to move up from 19 to 14 (jump denver), I would be very game. 

Yes 3rd are valuable, but what if we got something like:

1.Derrick Brown/Jeff Okudah

1.Henry Ruggs

3. Amik Robertson

4: Terrell Burgess

5: Logan Wilson

Man that would be good. And I don't like trade ups, but cmon.

• Like 2