2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

3 hours ago, Rich7sena said:

I would not be happy with this outcome. Corner is a much bigger need than safety, and I'm not confident McKinney would definitely start ahead of Harris or Heath. Also, Burgess is not a corner.

I really want to come out with a receiver and corner with the first two picks.

Who is your top corner who is projected to be available at 19?  I wouldn't mind Henderson but many in here have knocked him for his lack of tackling.  Tackling is important so I can see that being and issue if that is indeed true lol.  

Don't get and will never get the safety is not as big of a need as CB. Both are a need it's that simple. It just happens to be that the CB class outside of Okudah and Henderson is poor after that the drop off from those two is bad. Picking a CB at 19 because you need one is how you end up with Ferrell at 4 and with Kolton Miller at where ever he was picked and so many other players that I would be more than happy to mention. Where the Raiders pick at 19 just happens to be where the value for a safety is good and not reaching for a CB like Fulton, AJ, Johnson or whoever. 

The Raiders play in a division where they face Kelce, Henry and now face Fant. Those are 6 games against two of the best and one of the better up and coming TE's. You need players to cover those guys. Littleton helps and so does getting Abram, but you still need more. They also play in a division with Mahomes so protecting the back end of the secondary with a safety who won't get burned and who can play center field and make plays is very much needed. McKinney has sown the ability to play close to the LOS as well and play slot CB along with center field. Him and Abram would you would have to guys who can play both positions which gives a defense the ultimate flexibility with coverages and schemes. 

Raiders need a CB who can start week 1 AJ, Fulton and Johnson are not starting from day one. Raiders got Johnson and Nixon who they're grooming and hoping to make a push this upcoming season that's why I just can't take AJ, Fulton or Jonshon serious as an option along with them being a reach at 19. At safety, you have Erik Harris great story, but he's not who you want to have at the back end of your defense. He's a good 3rd safety special teams type of player.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Don't get and will never get the safety is not as big of a need as CB. Both are a need it's that simple. It just happens to be that the CB class outside of Okudah and Henderson is poor after that the drop off from those two is bad. Picking a CB at 19 because you need one is how you end up with Ferrell at 4 and with Kolton Miller at where ever he was picked and so many other players that I would be more than happy to mention. Where the Raiders pick at 19 just happens to be where the value for a safety is good and not reaching for a CB like Fulton, AJ, Johnson or whoever. 

The Raiders play in a division where they face Kelce, Henry and now face Fant. Those are 6 games against two of the best and one of the better up and coming TE's. You need players to cover those guys. Littleton helps and so does getting Abram, but you still need more. They also play in a division with Mahomes so protecting the back end of the secondary with a safety who won't get burned and who can play center field and make plays is very much needed. McKinney has sown the ability to play close to the LOS as well and play slot CB along with center field. Him and Abram would you would have to guys who can play both positions which gives a defense the ultimate flexibility with coverages and schemes. 

Raiders need a CB who can start week 1 AJ, Fulton and Johnson are not starting from day one. Raiders got Johnson and Nixon who they're grooming and hoping to make a push this upcoming season that's why I just can't take AJ, Fulton or Jonshon serious as an option along with them being a reach at 19. At safety, you have Erik Harris great story, but he's not who you want to have at the back end of your defense. He's a good 3rd safety special teams type of player.

we need both, slight edge in value at safety at 19 I agree, but neither is great value unfortunately. currently no one is sold on ANY prospect at 19 (h*ll most of us agree murray ,queen, baun might be better value but lesser need.lol)  I do like what ive read about McKinney but ill be honest I believe imo the best value for safety is in the late 2nd to 3rd round, cb value is in the 2nd. gonna leave us in a tough spot at 19 if we cant find a trade partner.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Who is your top corner who is projected to be available at 19?  I wouldn't mind Henderson but many in here have knocked him for his lack of tackling.  Tackling is important so I can see that being and issue if that is indeed true lol.  

I don't think Henderson's tackling is that bad. My biggest issue with him is that he lacks the physicality and competitiveness that I like from the position. It's less that he's a bad tackler and more than he doesn't put himself in the position to make a play as a tackler in the same way AJ Terrell or Kristian Fulton do. And in today's NFL--where there is a proliferation of teams running jet sweeps and outside zone--corners who are disruptive at the line are very important.

I would want Terrell or Henderson at 19, in that order. The way Miller's mock falls, I would take like 15-20 players over McKinney.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Henderson is going to be off of the board well before #19. He has legit #1 CB coverage skills. The tackling is an issue but it's encouraging to see that he came in at 205 pounds, put up 20 reps on bench, and still maintained elite explosiveness. 

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Henderson is going to be off of the board well before #19. He has legit #1 CB coverage skills. The tackling is an issue but it's encouraging to see that he came in at 205 pounds, put up 20 reps on bench, and still maintained elite explosiveness. 

same here, don't believe he`ll even be there at 19. not the way its looking.lol

8 minutes ago, SBXISBXVSBXVIII said:

Thoughts on AJ Dillon? He could be the thunder to Jacobs lighting.

I wouldn't mind Dillon in the 4th round. 6'0" 247 and ran a 4.53. A trio of Jacobs/Dillon/Richard would give us 3 backs with completely different skillsets. 

• Like 2

Just now, agarcia34 said:

There's a possibility that McKinney will be gone by 19 and I would go LB before I even sniff at one of the CBs at 19. 

So you'd take a guy that's a 2-down player over someone that would potentially start and play almost every snap at a more premium position? 

1 hour ago, Jerry said:
1 hour ago, jimkelly02 said:

100% if there’s the ability to take Lamb AND Jeudy (without trading the entire draft for 2 players) how do we pass that up? Seriously!?! 
We’d have the high volume, YAC WR in Lamb, Jeudy in the slot, and Williams on the outside.  Literally we’ve transformed our offense into potentially elite status.

Hunter Renfrow going against their #4 CB in 4 WR sets! Man...

Is Williams tradeable with his cap hit? Id rather Hunter in the slot with Juedy outside with our passing game and YAC if it was possible to trade Williams......