2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

36 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Who is your top corner who is projected to be available at 19?  I wouldn't mind Henderson but many in here have knocked him for his lack of tackling.  Tackling is important so I can see that being and issue if that is indeed true lol.  

Jaylon Johnson yall better recognize.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

So you'd take a guy that's a 2-down player over someone that would potentially start and play almost every snap at a more premium position? 

Yupp, I am pro getting the most value out of a pick. As you can see I think very low of a lot of these CBs. Filling out the LB room with a stud like Queen or Murray would be a great addition to this defense. 

Just now, agarcia34 said:

Yupp, I am pro getting the most value out of a pick. As you can see I think very low of a lot of these CBs. Filling out the LB room with a stud like Queen or Murray would be a great addition to this defense. 

A starting CB > a 2-down LB, and it's not even close. Plus it's hard to say Queen will be a "stud" LB because he's so unproven, he's one of the biggest boom/bust prospects in the entire class. And Murray is far from a proven prospect or sure thing as well. 

Queen or Murray would most likely take Kwi snaps on 3rd down by mid-season. A CB starting this year that's not named Henderson or Okudah is very slim.

I love the CBs in next year's draft and if the Raiders cant land Henderson or Okudah I would much rather wait and see how Johnson and Nixon pan out and go after a better CB class next year if needed. Surtain, Wade, Adebo, Jobe, and Campbell. The CB class next year could be special. 

1 minute ago, agarcia34 said:

Queen or Murray would most likely take Kwi snaps on 3rd down by mid-season. A CB starting this year that's not named Henderson or Okudah is very slim.

I love the CBs in next year's draft and if the Raiders cant land Henderson or Okudah I would much rather wait and see how Johnson and Nixon pan out and go after a better CB class next year if needed. Surtain, Wade, Adebo, Jobe, and Campbell. The CB class next year could be special. 

The staff loves Kwit and Littleton and we don't plan to invest early draft capital into the position according to Vic. Queen barely started in college and Murray is another inconsistent splashy player who hasn't shown a ton in coverage. 

• Like 1

1st round WR's since 2015.  How many elite 1's do you see here?

Amari Cooper Kevin White DeVante Parker Nelson Agholor Breshad Perriman Phillip Dorsett Corey Coleman Will Fuller Josh Doctson Laquon Treadwell Corey Davis Mike Williams John Ross D.J. Moore Calvin Ridley Marquise Brown N'Keal Harry

Something to think about when so many are set on a WR at 12.  An elite 1 is what you expect when selecting a WR top 15.

3 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

1st round WR's since 2015.  How many elite 1's do you see here?

Amari Cooper Kevin White DeVante Parker Nelson Agholor Breshad Perriman Phillip Dorsett Corey Coleman Will Fuller Josh Doctson Laquon Treadwell Corey Davis Mike Williams John Ross D.J. Moore Calvin Ridley Marquise Brown N'Keal Harry

Something to think about when so many are set on a WR at 12.  An elite 1 is what you expect when selecting a WR top 15.

How many of those guys were top 15 picks? Just Cooper, White, Parker, Davis, and Ross. 

Cooper has been a consistent 1,000+ yard WR in the league. 

Kevin White has been a complete bust.

DeVante Parker looks like he's finally starting to figure it out with a 1,200 yard and 9 TD season last year. 

Corey Davis has been okay but certainly hasn't lived up to his draft status.

John Ross sucked early in his career but was on pace for 1,000 yards & 6 TD last season had he not gotten injured.