2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

37 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Did a full three round mock and I like how this one turned out. 

12. WR Jerry Jeudy- Alabama

*Trade*

Eagles give us their very late 3rd (Pick 103) to move up from 21 to 19 to select CeeDee Lamb who is surprisingly still on the board. 

21. DT Ross Blacklock - TCU

I'd rather have Jeudy and Lamb than Jeudy and Blacklock in the 1st. Blacklocks 'potential' sounds like Hurst's before the draft. I want RESULTS in the 1st and starters. Hankins and Collins are the starters. Hurst and Hall are solid back ups. Wouldn't touch DT til 3rd round unless it's Brown because he's too much of a stud and probably beats out the vets. I can't see Williams beating out any of the top 3 WR's in this draft. I prefer WR double dip at 1st and 3rd but to trade down to 21 for a 5th DT over a starting WR for a 3rd is....PASS...

• Like 1

Matt Miller Mock

12. Henry Ruggs III WR

19. Xavier McKinney S

80. James Lynch DL

81. Damien lewis OL

90. Terell Burgess CB

121. Davion Taylor LB

159. Javon Leake RB

Couldn't be happier with the first two picks. Both are instant starters on this team. James Lynch is an interesting one at Baylor he was really good move him to the inside and rush the passer.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

*Trade*

Eagles give us their very late 3rd (Pick 103) to move up from 21 to 19 to select CeeDee Lamb who is surprisingly still on the board. 

The key to winning a championship is building a dominant defensive line. I don’t see Hurst as our primary interior rusher. I know you guys may hate to hear it but Hurst is a very-very slightly above-average player. 

Blacklock oozes potential. His first step and bullrush are absolutely insane and Chris Jones-like. With Rod coming in to coach him, he could turn into a real stud 3T for us. Is he a reach at 21? Nope. Goes 22-32 in all mocks and usually 22-27. He is also ranked 20-30 on most boards. 

80. S Terrell Burgess - Utah

Love this kid. In Nickel Packages you can line him up anywhere. FS, SS, LB, Nickel CB, etc. Could be a great safety for us and that versatile piece we have been looking for. 

81. QB Jalen Hurts - Oklahoma

Jalen grows on me by the day. I’m starting to really think he can develop into a Franchise guy. You’re basically using Pick 81 on a gadget guy/top tier backup QB who does indeed have a legit chance to become a Franchise QB. If he doesn’t, it was still worth the pick for the gadget/backup aspect. Win-win situation. 

91. OG Nick Harris - Washington

103. (From Eagles) RB Eno Benjamin - Arizona State

We won’t get a CB in the first three rounds in this mock. The value wasn’t there. However, Saints fans are pretty adamant Eli Apple was a good CB2 last year. Not saying Apple is the long-term answer by any means, but we’ll see how he does. 

Love the idea of trading down a couple spots and picking up an extra third, but........I like Blacklock but just not that much to draft him at 21, though I guess it depends on who's available and if noone drops significantly. If we did that I'd package a couple of 3rds to get back into the 2nd for CB Johnson. We can still get a guy like Benjamin and maybe a safety like Davis will drop too into the 3rd. That would be great to tick off most of our needs with guys that can contribute early.

I may try and put a mock together with pinching that idea 😀😀

9 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Matt Miller Mock

12. Henry Ruggs III WR

19. Xavier McKinney S

80. James Lynch DL

81. Damien lewis OL

90. Terell Burgess CB

121. Davion Taylor LB

159. Javon Leake RB

Couldn't be happier with the first two picks. Both are instant starters on this team. James Lynch is an interesting one at Baylor he was really good move him to the inside and rush the passer.

I see Lynch to us a lot and while I like him, isn't 80 a bit rich as he's awfully unpolished as a pass rusher from what ive seen? I thought he was at best a 4th or 5th round prospect?

• Like 1

Advanced issues found

23 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Matt Miller Mock

12. Henry Ruggs III WR

19. Xavier McKinney S

80. James Lynch DL

81. Damien lewis OL

90. Terell Burgess CB

121. Davion Taylor LB

159. Javon Leake RB

I would not be happy with this outcome. Corner is a much bigger need than safety, and I'm not confident McKinney would definitely start ahead of Harris or Heath. Also, Burgess is not a corner.

I really want to come out with a receiver and corner with the first two picks.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Sherman played in a Cover 3 Press scheme in both Seattle and San Francisco. The times he did play Man Coverage he had a Top 3 Safety tandem in NFL History having his back. 

As for Talib, he ran a 4.44 40....

Marcus Peters 4.53

Chris Harris 4.48 same as Okudah.

2 hours ago, BayRaider said:

*Trade*

Can't we just take Jeudy and Lamb?  Go from a pretty good offense to possibly stellar?  A man can dream...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jerry said:

Can't we just take Jeudy and Lamb?  Go from a pretty good offense to possibly stellar?  A man can dream...

100% if there’s the ability to take Lamb AND Jeudy (without trading the entire draft for 2 players) how do we pass that up? Seriously!?! 
We’d have the high volume, YAC WR in Lamb, Jeudy in the slot, and Williams on the outside.  Literally we’ve transformed our offense into potentially elite status.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, BayRaider said:

https://www.si.com/college/cal/news/ashtyn-davis-draft-position-uncertain

If he dropped to 80 I’m running to the podium. This is probably smoke though from a Front Office with media connections. 

I get questioning his health but the article alludes to questioning his speed because no 40yd dash was run.  Everyone knows he’s fast, real fast.  Idk if the surgery will effect him that much, maybe a slip from 2nd to 3rd, but there’s so many players with similar questions unless it’s a major surgery teams will prolly try to do their due diligence then just take a chance.  With the lack of workouts most picks will be chances anyway.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, raider4567 said:

I agree with what you are saying but with the uncertainty of Williams and Renfrow Being smallish. Last year I felt that when renfrow was out Williams was not 100%  our rb was hurt and then we had no offense. I won’t get on the Carr subject because that has been dissected on this forum enough. ( I am pro Carr at least for this year)  we have no depth at wr. At least nothing that if the game was on the line you would feel Some what comfortable putting out there again just a thought 

My front runner for rookie of the year poster!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BayRaider said:

*Trade*

The key to winning a championship is building a dominant defensive line. I don’t see Hurst as our primary interior rusher. I know you guys may hate to hear it but Hurst is a very-very slightly above-average player. 

Blacklock oozes potential. His first step and bullrush are absolutely insane and Chris Jones-like. With Rod coming in to coach him, he could turn into a real stud 3T for us. Is he a reach at 21? Nope. Goes 22-32 in all mocks and usually 22-27. He is also ranked 20-30 on most boards. 

80. S Terrell Burgess - Utah

Love this kid. In Nickel Packages you can line him up anywhere. FS, SS, LB, Nickel CB, etc. Could be a great safety for us and that versatile piece we have been looking for. 

81. QB Jalen Hurts - Oklahoma

Jalen grows on me by the day. I’m starting to really think he can develop into a Franchise guy. You’re basically using Pick 81 on a gadget guy/top tier backup QB who does indeed have a legit chance to become a Franchise QB. If he doesn’t, it was still worth the pick for the gadget/backup aspect. Win-win situation. 

91. OG Nick Harris - Washington

103. (From Eagles) RB Eno Benjamin - Arizona State

We won’t get a CB in the first three rounds in this mock. The value wasn’t there. However, Saints fans are pretty adamant Eli Apple was a good CB2 last year. Not saying Apple is the long-term answer by any means, but we’ll see how he does. 

No disrespect to you but that drafts horrible for us.  We all know how bullish you are on Blacklock and all but he’s not that great.  And spending a 1st on him isn’t a great move for us; at all.

eveyone has favorite players they sneak into their mocks, but you go full on.  At least you don’t have your favs slipping into unreasonable rounds, I’ll give you that.

20 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

100% if there’s the ability to take Lamb AND Jeudy (without trading the entire draft for 2 players) how do we pass that up? Seriously!?! 
We’d have the high volume, YAC WR in Lamb, Jeudy in the slot, and Williams on the outside.  Literally we’ve transformed our offense into potentially elite status.

Hunter Renfrow going against their #4 CB in 4 WR sets! Man...

1 hour ago, jimkelly02 said:

I get questioning his health but the article alludes to questioning his speed because no 40yd dash was run.  Everyone knows he’s fast, real fast.  Idk if the surgery will effect him that much, maybe a slip from 2nd to 3rd, but there’s so many players with similar questions unless it’s a major surgery teams will prolly try to do their due diligence then just take a chance.  With the lack of workouts most picks will be chances anyway.

yeah , champion in the hurdles....nuff said about speed. davis falls to us in the 3rd and mayock will probably think long and hard about it. secondly, he`s a cal guy, im pretty sure we have more than adequate scouting on him.lol and mayock kinda knows the position.

• Like 1