2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

@big_palooka, @BayRaider, and @jimkelly02 stop derailing the thread with your bickering.  If you can't follow forum rules and/or listen to the friendly reminder of your mod, this will result in an official warning.

If you feel a member is violating forum rules, feel free to PM @MrOaktown_56 or another forum moderator.  In the meantime, I'd suggest using the Block Feature if you aren't already.  If you have any further questions, feel free to PM me.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

Ummm the whole need with me started with you making jokes about people’s wives banging other men,,, not to mention your constant swipes.  I through we agreed to stop?  You’ve been quite chippy today.

im done fighting with you out of respect to @MrOaktown_56 and the others.

You mean a harmless joke I made to BP, where he once again for the 20th time insulted me and flamed me out of no where? And started it. I joked around “What’s with the attitude lately and constant attacks/insults? Your wife cheating you or something?” Not to mention, this being months ago (you and BP love bringing up the past when I prove you wrong in a current argument).

It was a joke. And if he takes a shot at me, I will take a shot back. End of Story. 

I see, here we are again, not adhering to @MrOaktown_56 request. 

Edited by BayRaider

4 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

@big_palooka, @BayRaider, and @jimkelly02 stop derailing the thread with your bickering.  If you can't follow forum rules and/or listen to the friendly reminder of your mod, this will result in an official warning.

If you feel a member is violating forum rules, feel free to PM @MrOaktown_56 or another forum moderator.  In the meantime, I'd suggest using the Block Feature if you aren't already.  If you have any further questions, feel free to PM me.

Sorry I posted that before yours showed up. Apologies. And I FULLY agree with you. I am NEVER the one who starts this. Ever. 

Edited by BayRaider

I want Derrick Brown really badly, but I don't want to trade up for him. If Aaron Donald can fall to 12, so can Derrick Brown. If he doesn't we end up with what the first or second pick of a great WR group? No downside to wait because the fall backs are attractive. I think worst case scenario is tackle needy teams don't address tackle in front of us and BPA is offensive tackle at our pick. In that case I think I want to wheel and deal.

I think a draft like:

1. CIN Burrow
2. WAS Young
3. DET Brown
4. NYG Simmons
5. MIA Tagovailoa
6. LAC Herbert
7. CAR Okudah
8. ARI Henderson
9. JAX Ruggs
10. CLE Lamb
11. NYJ Jeudy

is basically worst case scenario for us. Like all trade downs become foreign territory at 12 or 19 as LT is obviously stacked on the board and teams ahead of us making "wrong" picks would completely wreck it for me. Not sure what the path is from there, but my instinct is trade down to a team needing a LT, but the market would be cheap with all 4 on board lol.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Trojan said:

I want Derrick Brown really badly, but I don't want to trade up for him. If Aaron Donald can fall to 12, so can Derrick Brown. If he doesn't we end up with what the first or second pick of a great WR group? No downside to wait because the fall backs are attractive. I think worst case scenario is tackle needy teams don't address tackle in front of us and BPA is offensive tackle at our pick. In that case I think I want to wheel and deal.

I think a draft like:

1. CIN Burrow
2. WAS Young
3. DET Brown
4. NYG Simmons
5. MIA Tagovailoa
6. LAC Herbert
7. CAR Okudah
8. ARI Henderson
9. JAX Ruggs
10. CLE Lamb
11. NYJ Jeudy

is basically worst case scenario for us. Like all trade downs become foreign territory at 12 or 19 as LT is obviously stacked on the board and teams ahead of us making "wrong" picks would completely wreck it for me. Not sure what the path is from there, but my instinct is trade down to a team needing a LT, but the market would be cheap with all 4 on board lol.

Let's say this happens and we have to stay at 12.  Who would you take? 

I find it very hard to believe that at least 1 LT wont be taken in the top 11.  

Edited by Frankie2Gunz
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Let's say this happens and we have to stay at 12.  Who would you take? 

I find it very hard to believe that at least 1 LT wont be taken in the top 11.  

I think for me in that situation it's Kinlaw at 12 and hope for a board of Higgins, Jefferson and Mims at 19? That or skip DT all together and have a WR from that board adding Shenault too if medicals check good and have Jaylon Johnson and AJ Terrell as options as well. I am really not sure it's the most uncomfortable position lol.

Edited by Trojan
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

Kizer ain’t ever gonna be a starter, but he could carve out a niche as a backup.  There’s been far more talented backup QBs, but also far,far more less talented ones.

Peterman actually played promising last preseason.... like not a QB2 just yet but a solid QB3.  We all know Gruden likes him a lot.  
Plus, Mariota is the extremely physically skilled, ultimate reclamation project.

Gruden has enough QBs to keep him up 24-7 throughout camp watching tape til sunrise and working with them.  I just don’t see their being any need to draft a developmental QB this year, unless a franchise QB fell into our laps. 

Any QB after round 1 would be less expensive and under contract for much longer than Peterman and Kizer so that should be enough for Gruden to be interested. Actually, I'm ready for us to draft a QB at 19 and Carr to be traded during the draft.

I would love Derrick Brown. The NT thing is so overblown. He’s a freak, and can get to the passer. Not to mention he’d be doubled every single play for Maxx/Ferrell/Hurst to go to work. 

I want to follow San Francisco’s model, and several other teams in the past model. A dominant defensive line. The 49ers had four 1st Round Picks on the DL. And throughout NFL History, dominant defensive lines is what wins championships. 

Some see DT as not an issue. Not me. I see the spot next to Hurst as a glaring issue. Hall is not the answer imo. Collins is a fringe-guy. Hankins is awesome but he’s not a pass rusher. 

I think the second DT spot is almost as big of a need as CB. Perhaps that’s a minority opinion, but I’m just voicing it. 

If Derrick Brown is there at 12, I think he’s the pick. I think they would pass on Kinlaw though at 12. Kinlaw is too raw. At 19 I’d have no issue with Kinlaw. 

Also, this is why I think 19 could possibly be BPA between CB and DT. Whoever Mayock thinks is the best evaluated player, by him and his scouts, between Jaylon Johnson, Ross Blacklock, AJ Terrell, and Kristian Fulton could be the pick at 19. 

Edited by BayRaider

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

If trading down is not an option than I want Jerry Jeudy or Henry Ruggs III at Pick 12. Either or, but I prefer Jeudy. 

At 19 with trading down not an option I want Jaylon Johnson or Ross Blacklock. And yes, I do think Johnson is worth Pick 19 and better than most corners in this class. I think Johnson is much higher on teams big boards than fans think. 

I do not think Kristian Fulton is a scheme fit nor do I think he’s all that polished. He’s a lot more raw than people think. In my opinion, Fulton goes lower than people expect him to. I’d say 29-35 range.

If this happens I’d be pretty happy. 

Great. I want Lamb and Fulton.

1 minute ago, Justwinning said:

What about trading up from 19? I’d definitely explore this.

Depends on the price. I think TB is going to actively look to move back. It’s one of my most mocked trades. 

So perhaps:

12. Derrick Brown - LV

13. Jerry Jeudy - SF

14. Ruggs or Lamb - LV (personally I’d rather have Ruggs)

I wouldn’t wanna give up more than one 3rd to be honest. Which probably doesn’t get it done.