2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

You guys racks me up.  Non stop entertainment during these boring times...  Now back to a real question LOL

Would you guys prefer scenario 1 or 2 if we stay at 12 and 19 and go WR/CB?  Which is a better long term move for our team?

1. Lamb and Fulton/ Terrell

2. Henderson and Jefferson

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, StocktonSav said:

Ive tried to sell myself on Hurts but the more ive watched of him, I just cant. He's a great college QB and seems like A+ character. But I dont see it at the NFL level. More the NFL as a system then him personally. "Developmental" QBs in the NFL seem mostly like a myth. If a guy doesnt have some aspect to his game that is game ready almost immediately then its too hard to develop off practice reps alone. 

Fair enough. I’m actually a believer too that developmental QBs are 90% of the time a myth. But not always. Russell Wilson and many other successful QBs went in the 3rd Round. The biggest problem with Hurts is throwing motion is slightly too long, but the more I watch, the more exaggerated I think it is. He could really develop into a Franchise guy. Will he? Probably not. However, at pick 80 it’s pretty good value. 

1 minute ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

You guys racks me up.  Non stop entertainment during these boring times...  Now back to a real question LOL

Would you guys prefer scenario 1 or 2 if we stay at 12 and 19 and go WR/CB?  Which is a better long term move for our team?

Not a big fan of Henderson at all. 

I’d rather trade out of 12 because I hate WRs in the 1st Round.

If no trade is available, WR is where the most value is at 12. Jeudy, Ruggs, Lamb will be the best players on the board. 

12. Jeudy/Ruggs/Lamb

19. Jaylon Johnson/AJ Terrell/Ross Blacklock, and the wildcard being Zack Baun. 

Those are my preferences. Can’t wait for draft day to see how it all unfolds. 

36 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Never thought of that but yes that sounds like a crazy-effective 2RB set in shot gun. Don't sleep on Richard though, he's a great shotgun back.

I'm definitely still a fan of Richard but he is what he is at this point. An effective pass catching back but he doesn't bring much threat as a runner. Gibson IMO can be an effective 2nd back as both a runner and a pass catcher. He has the size that Richard lacks and what is ultimately his limiting factor. Gibson just seems like a player Gruden would love to have in his toolbox. 

In regards to your question about targets at 80, 81, and 90 some players I like in that range are...

Van Jefferson, WR - I think he's going to get pushed way further than his value. A perfect fit for what Gruden likes in a WR and could make an impact year 1

Robert Hunt, IOL - even if we keep Jackson I would be happy with this pick bc Jackson is injury prone and we need some developmental youth behind Incognito. Hunt is mauler and what we want in our OL

Josh Uche, LB - I'm surprised he's not talked about more with the Raiders. He's a great fit to play LB and shift into a pass rushing role on 3rd downs as a rookie. Gives us some speed off the edge and with Littleton+Kwik we'd have some amazing blitzing LB's

Malik Harrison LB - would give us the SLB that could play downs 1-2 and GL packages and just get to come downhill and attack.

Leki Fotu, IDL - I'd pick Fotu just to let him go against Hudson, Gabe, and Richie all day in practice. Big guys that move like him don't grow on trees and adding size is never a bad thing

Some other guys I like are John Simpson, Darrell Taylor, Amik Robertson, and Troy Dye. 

• Like 2

Just now, BayRaider said:

Fair enough. I’m actually a believer too that developmental QBs are 90% of the time a myth. But not always. Russell Wilson and many other successful QBs went in the 3rd Round. The biggest problem with Hurts is throwing motion is slightly too long, but the more I watch, the more exaggerated I think it is. He could really develop into a Franchise guy. Will he? Probably not. However, at pick 80 it’s pretty good value. 

But Wilson wasnt a developmental qb. (I realize some scouts may have labeled him as a developmental qb but hindsight proved that innacurate). He got undervalued based on height mostly. But he was ready and snagged the starting job right away. Garrapolo is the only current starter that I can think of really and he still has significant limitations. Seems every year teams throw away day 2 picks on qbs who amount to nothing.

I disagree thats Hurts biggest issue. He struggles mightly to consistently go through his progressions and throw with the level of acvuracy needed in the NFL

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Scenario 1 for me by far. I think Lamb is the one prospect I want most this year. 

I've gotta say I'm not super sold on Jefferson as a R1 WR especially in this class. If it's not Jeudy, Lamb, or Ruggs I'm not taking a WR in the first round. I get the Mims hype but I still wouldn't take him over the defensive talent that will be there in the mid 20-30's. That's why if we don't take a WR at 12 and one of the big 3 doesn't fall to 19 take a defensive player or get me out of the 1st round. 

Shenault/Aiyuk/DPJ in the 2nd/3rd>>>>>Jefferson in the 1st.

45 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Once again, here to have adult conversations about football. Not take childish shots at people and use twelve year old memes. There was a new mod named here because it is the worst controlled sub forum. And, still is.

If you have issues with forum moderation, you're more than welcome to PM @MrOaktown_56.  Until then, you and @big_palooka need to stop derailing the thread with your incessant bickering.  I'd suggest both of you use the Ignore feature.  If you have any questions, feel free to PM me. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, OldManWillis said:

Scenario 1 for me by far. I think Lamb is the one prospect I want most this year. 

He is the only WR I would not be mad about at 12 but I have said all along I think WR value will be there later on and I want to build a bully on D.  

1 hour ago, CaliforniaKid7 said:

Also Gibson and Jacobs in a split back shot gun set would be incredibly fun

if we were able to add Gibson and Ruggs, man our offense playmakers would be scary...Gibson probably my second favorite RB besides Akers in the 3rd. When people look back, Gibson reminds me of one of those guys who people can't believe lasted until the 3rd round.

28 minutes ago, CaliforniaKid7 said:

I'm definitely still a fan of Richard but he is what he is at this point. An effective pass catching back but he doesn't bring much threat as a runner. Gibson IMO can be an effective 2nd back as both a runner and a pass catcher. He has the size that Richard lacks and what is ultimately his limiting factor. Gibson just seems like a player Gruden would love to have in his toolbox. 

In regards to your question about targets at 80, 81, and 90 some players I like in that range are...

Van Jefferson, WR - I think he's going to get pushed way further than his value. A perfect fit for what Gruden likes in a WR and could make an impact year 1

Robert Hunt, IOL - even if we keep Jackson I would be happy with this pick bc Jackson is injury prone and we need some developmental youth behind Incognito. Hunt is mauler and what we want in our OL

Josh Uche, LB - I'm surprised he's not talked about more with the Raiders. He's a great fit to play LB and shift into a pass rushing role on 3rd downs as a rookie. Gives us some speed off the edge and with Littleton+Kwik we'd have some amazing blitzing LB's

Malik Harrison LB - would give us the SLB that could play downs 1-2 and GL packages and just get to come downhill and attack.

Leki Fotu, IDL - I'd pick Fotu just to let him go against Hudson, Gabe, and Richie all day in practice. Big guys that move like him don't grow on trees and adding size is never a bad thing

Some other guys I like are John Simpson, Darrell Taylor, Amik Robertson, and Troy Dye. 

I like all those prospects too, and think they can be coached up. Isn't Jefferson projected to be a slot?  I'm on the Renfrow train and think he is a stud and Nelson Agholor projected to back him up but can also play the outside. 

38 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

1. Jefferson I still don't trust. Great year with burrows without meh. And more slot than cedee. 

Just now, Frankie2Gunz said:

He is the only WR I would not be mad about at 12 but I have said all along I think WR value will be there later on and I want to build a bully on D.  

With you on the defense. Here's to hoping Brown, Okudah, or Simmons fall to 12.

A top D is also the reason why I still want Murray at 19. I know we added 2 LBs already, but I think Murray can be a stud leader on defense.

I want that dog mentality on both sides. Lamb has that, he would do wonders for this offense. For this exact reason, I am not a huge fan of Henderson. I just cant with a football player that doesnt want to hit.

43 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Not a big fan of Henderson at all. 

I’d rather trade out of 12 because I hate WRs in the 1st Round.

If no trade is available, WR is where the most value is at 12. Jeudy, Ruggs, Lamb will be the best players on the board. 

12. Jeudy/Ruggs/Lamb

19. Jaylon Johnson/AJ Terrell/Ross Blacklock, and the wildcard being Zack Baun. 

Those are my preferences. Can’t wait for draft day to see how it all unfolds. 

Leaning

12- Ruggs/Jeudy/ Lamb (warming up to him)

19- Jaylon Johnson  plan B K'LAVON CHAISSON

3-  RB

3- WR

3- S

4-  G

5- LB

could see the draft go down like this with the Randall move. A little offense heavy, but we attacked the defense in free agency, and the value based on talent, maybe trade down that 5th and let Mayock take two shots on Day 3 LBs.(with the hope one hits)....Our depth so bad with that unit, they probably make the team. lol 

Edited by Humble_Beast

28 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

If you have issues with forum moderation, you're more than welcome to PM @MrOaktown_56.  Until then, you and @big_palooka need to stop derailing the thread with your incessant bickering.  I'd suggest both of you use the Ignore feature.  If you have any questions, feel free to PM me. 

Once again, for the 80th time we’ve got into an argument, he’s batting 1.000 starting it. He edited out his insult, but he quoted me first in a character-assassination type way. I’m not gonna sit around and let someone take a shot at my credibility and also insult me. 

I’m not the issue here. Never have been. That would be him. I’m not derailing the thread and never quote him first attacking his credibility, attacking his character, or insulting him. 

Edited by BayRaider

50 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

My first choice is Lamb and Terrell.

If Henderson goes at 12, then I would prefer a number of receivers over Jefferson (Shenault, Reagor, Aiyuk, maybe Pittman). I wouldn't take Jefferson, or most of the receivers projected to be available at 19, in the first round. I would prefer another position or, ideally, a trade back.