2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

34 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

I disagree with Caplan that you can't get speed later. 

But agree they want to get speed. I think they would love to get two WRs in this draft. In the 1st, and with on of their 3rd rounders. And in terms of immediate impact, I think it's the right move. 

I'm just not sure that Ruggs is SUCH a dangerous deep threat that we pass on a Lamb or Jeudy.  I'd rather try and find speed later, and get a more consistent weapon for Carr in the 1st. Easier to find a field stretcher later, than a target hog #1 type.  We need speed, but we also really need a guy on 3rd and 4 other than Renfrow.

4 minutes ago, massraider said:

But agree they want to get speed. I think they would love to get two WRs in this draft. In the 1st, and with on of their 3rd rounders. And in terms of immediate impact, I think it's the right move. 

I'm just not sure that Ruggs is SUCH a dangerous deep threat that we pass on a Lamb or Jeudy.  I'd rather try and find speed later, and get a more consistent weapon for Carr in the 1st. Easier to find a field stretcher later, than a target hog #1 type.  We need speed, but we also really need a guy on 3rd and 4 other than Renfrow.

Ruggs, Reagor, and Hamler are the top speed prospects, and I think they'll be gone by at least the mid-second round so I see what he's saying there. Mims is a wild-card because he tested as having elite speed, but it didn't seem like the offense stretched the field vertically very often (supposedly the quarterback could not drive the ball down field).

Ideally, I would like the Raiders to trade back, acquire a second-round pick, and draft two receivers and a corner with their first three picks. The biggest issue on the offense isn't necessarily one receiver, it's quality. Williams and Renfrow, to me, are the only receivers who I predict will be on the roster next year, and they're both in that WR 3/4 range.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Ahh, of course that post was about me afterall. You come up with a narrative about me every day that is a lie and false. Obsessed. Literally, beyond obsession at this point. Joke of epic proportions. Can’t you just get me off your mind? It’s weird. 

Just like Humble, Frankie, and OGX, who are the three biggest advocators of not taking a WR in the 1st, I said my preference is trading down Pick 12 to 21 or so. Getting two defensive players and getting a WR in the 2nd Round. WR is not a valuable position in the 1st. Defense wins championships, not #1 wideouts like Ruggs, Jeudy, and Lamb. 

I have also said, if we stay at 12, I want Jeudy, Ruggs, or Lamb as the selection. I’m not anti-WR like Frankie/Humble/OGX are. This is, once again, a completely made up narrative by you. 

Livin rent-free. 

I have started that I want to wait on WR in the 1st but I have also stated that I am not a draft expert and if Mayock feels a WR at 12 or 19 is the best pick and great value I would be all on board.  That is why he gets paid the big bucks. 

I also want to clarify that the reason I wan't to wait on a WR is value considering how much draft capital we have.  A trade down and acquiring a 2nd or two would be ideal and that would be a good spot to grab WR's value wise.  12 is too rich in my opinion and I am basing that off of my research on 1st WR's since 2015 and how terrible their value has been.  What I would really like to see is a trade up  to 8ish for (Simmons, Brown, Okudah) if they slip or a trade back from 12 or 19 to acquire more picks.

I do want to build a bully on D and having a top D will do many wonders for this team and Carr despite what many on here want to believe.  Do we need 2 quality WR's in this draft absolutely but we also need an interior pass rusher, another Edge/OLB who can bring the heat, we need a shutdown CB, 2 WR's and a complimentary back to Jacobs.  We still have many holes to fill on this roster and the bottom line is we need to hit on our picks no matter who they are.

I think several small deals is a lot more likely.

Trading back from 12 to 16-20. Trading back from 19 to 23-32.  Grabbing late round picks by trading down in the 3rd.

Getting a 2nd rounder is going to require going from 12 to the 20's.  That's a big drop.  Better be a guy in the 2nd you know you can get. 

It's also a LOT more unlikely to happen. Acquiring 2nd rounders are deals where top 3 teams drop to 7-10 range.  

Getting a 2nd rounder isn't on my wish list, I don't think it's realistic.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

Ruggs, Reagor, and Hamler are the top speed prospects, and I think they'll be gone by at least the mid-second round so I see what he's saying there. Mims is a wild-card because he tested as having elite speed, but it didn't seem like the offense stretched the field vertically very often (supposedly the quarterback could not drive the ball down field).

Ideally, I would like the Raiders to trade back, acquire a second-round pick, and draft two receivers and a corner with their first three picks. The biggest issue on the offense isn't necessarily one receiver, it's quality. Williams and Renfrow, to me, are the only receivers who I predict will be on the roster next year, and they're both in that WR 3/4 range.

There is no doubt the Raiders lack quality at WR and you're right Williams/ Renfrow are 3/4 type Wr's.  Hopefully Williams is gone after next season as he is vastly overpaid.  

I get where you're coming from with 2 WR's with 2 of the first 3 picks as it is certainly an area of need but dont you feel that we can get better WR value later on? We have a few other areas of concern at "premium positions" such as Edge/OLB who is a pass rusher, CB, interior D line who can bring the heat.  

If we could draft 2 WR's in the mold of (Michael Thomas/T. Hill) that would do wonders for this O and Carr but that is asking a lot and investing heavily into one position.  Only time will tell if those type of prospects exist in this draft class.  

I get what you're saying but would rather "spread the love" as we have many holes to fill on this roster.  We will see in about a week what mayock thinks and honestly I can't wait.  

Edited by Frankie2Gunz

35 minutes ago, massraider said:

He said within the first 2 rounds and he's right Hamler is the other notable speed guy he will go in the 2nd all notable speed guys will be gone before the 3rd.

4 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

He said within the first 2 rounds and he's right Hamler is the other notable speed guy he will go in the 2nd all notable speed guys will be gone before the 3rd.

Notable? Maybe.

No decent speed guys after the 2nd? Nah.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

What's your point?  Are you suggesting that we reach for a speed guy because we need speed?  That would be terrible and in the mold of Al Davis (the senile years). 

Advanced issues found

🤓
19 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

9 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

There is no doubt the Raiders lack quality at WR and you're right Williams/ Renfrow are 3/4 type Wr's.  Hopefully Williams is gone after next season as he is vastly overpaid.  

I get where you're coming from with 2 WR's with 2 of the first 3 picks as it is certainly an area of need but dont you feel that we can get better WR value later on? We have a few other areas of concern at "premium positions" such as Edge/OLB who is a pass rusher, CB, interior D line who can bring the heat.  

If we could draft 2 WR's in the mold of (Michael Thomas/T. Hill) that would do wonders for this O and Carr but that is asking a lot and investing heavily into one position.  Only time will tell if those type of prospects exist in this draft class.  

I get what you're saying but would rather "spread the love" as we have many holes to fill on this roster.  We will see in about a week what mayock thinks and honestly I can't wait.  

I disagree that edge rusher is an area the Raiders should address early in this draft. Between Crosby, Ferrell, and Nassib, I think the Raiders have what they want in terms of a core group of edge rushers. I believe the team is pretty much set on the interior defensive line, as well, with Hankins, Hurst, Collins, and Hall. Nassib has also shown he could rush from the inside, as well.

Drafting two receivers within the first two rounds is leveraging the draft and filling a dire need. This draft is filled to the gills with quality receivers--even if there isn't one elite prospect. Also, the value at corner is similarly in that late first, early second range. Conversely, this draft is noticeably weak with edge rushers and interior rushers.

13 minutes ago, massraider said:

Notable? Maybe.

No decent speed guys after the 2nd? Nah.

The lower you go in the draft the less likely you're getting a worthwhile player. If the Raiders feel like they need a speedy starter at receiver, they must draft one early.

Edited by Rich7sena
  • Like 2