2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

1 minute ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I think Terrell's upside is bigger. He's a little more fluid and faster. His floor is not as high, but he has less medical concerns. I think Terrell can matchup athletically with almost any receiver in the NFL I think Johnson with his decent but not great long speed and shoulder injuries isn't a pick 19 candidate. Unless the medical checks out and he's deemed a great scheme fit. I like him. Just more enamored by Terrell's upside.

The Darius Slay comp for Terrell is not far off.

If we stay at 19 and go CB I would be happy with Terrell.  Hopefully we can trade back, get more pick and get him a bit later!

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I think Terrell's upside is bigger. He's a little more fluid and faster. His floor is not as high, but he has less medical concerns. I think Terrell can matchup athletically with almost any receiver in the NFL I think Johnson with his decent but not great long speed and shoulder injuries isn't a pick 19 candidate. Unless the medical checks out and he's deemed a great scheme fit. I like him. Just more enamored by Terrell's upside.

The Darius Slay comp for Terrell is not far off.

When anyone starts to talk about Terrells cons, it’s always the National Championship. You gotta think without that game, maybe he’s #2 consensus to Okudah and a Top 12ish pick. Perhaps 19 is way better value for Terrell than people think. 

Outside of that game, he was an amazing cover corner all year long, great technique, great height and arm length, and great long speed. Terrell really is the full package. 

And in the National Championship game, he did start off with three swats. And the times he got beat, he was still right on Chase most of the time. The throws by Burrow were literally outstanding. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

If we stay at 19 and go CB I would be happy with Terrell.  Hopefully we can trade back, get more pick and get him a bit later!

Just now, BayRaider said:

When anyone starts to talk about Terrells cons, it’s always the National Championship. You gotta think without that game, maybe he’s #2 consensus to Okudah and a Top 12ish pick. Perhaps 19 is way better value for Terrell than people think. 

Outside of that game, he was an amazing cover corner all year long, great technique, great height and arm length, and great long speed. Terrell really is the full package. 

And in the National Championship game, he did start off with three swats. And the times he got beat, he was still right on Chase most of the time. The throws by Burrow were literally outstanding. 

Agree with both. I think people ignore his pick 6 in the natty the year before too. He's definitely not an underperformer in big games. Burrow/Chase was just a brutal combination and he was the victim of some pinpoint throws.

He also is one of the most physical tacklers vs the run, much like Mullen. I've seen him stack and shed and he won't be close to a liability on early downs. All that good tackling by this defense should create more 3rd and longs, which in turn will lead to less points and more 3 and outs.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Back to @MrOaktown_56 question about Ruggs.  Let's say Mayock views DPJ or Pittman as a potential number 1's (I'm not saying they are but I am using this as an example) who are likely to be there in the 3rd round and we have our pick of WR's at 12.  Would you go Lamb or Ruggs in this situation if we had a crystal ball and he knew his 3rd round number 1 will be there?

I've said forever Ruggs, Pittman is a nice duo for the future, but i'd also be happy if they went Lamb, Hamler combo.

To maximize draft capital

1st 

12- WR 

19- CB 

a) WR possible trade up 

b) Edge 

c) trade down for 4th and 5th 

a) trade down for late 4th and 6th 

b) guard 

c) RB

A) LB

B) trade down for 6th and 7th 

a) CB
b) S 

LB

come away with 

1- (2)

3- (2)

4-(2)

5- (1) 

6- (2)

7- (1) 

come away from 10 Mayock Draft prospects across the board. 

Edited by Humble_Beast

2 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

To maximize draft capital

1st 

12- WR 

19- CB 

a) WR possible trade up 

b) Edge 

c) trade down for 4th and 5th 

a) trade down for late 4th and 6th 

b) guard 

c) RB

A) LB

B) trade down for 6th and 7th 

a) CB
b) S 

LB

come away with 

1- (2)

3- (2)

4-(2)

5- (1) 

6- (2)

7- (1) 

come away from 10 Mayock Draft prospects across the board. 

That’s a nice plan and all but we don’t have 10 roster spots to fill.  In fact we only have 7: WR1, WR3, RB2, backup DT/DE, SAM1, CB2, CB3/4.  We could possibly use competition at LT and S, too.  But when you factor in we’re likely to sign at least 2 more players in FA at least we really only need to come out of the draft with 6-7 players.  Under your plan it’s unlikely the last few picks make the team.  
I think we’d be much better off trading back from 19 and then trading back up in rounds 2-4 to target higher quality players, then fill in 1-3 roster spots with FAs and some camp players for competition. 

All of AJ Terrell targets for 2019:

After watching this, I definitely still prefer Jaylon Johnson over Terrell. Johnson is much better in coverage and a much more polished prospect.

It's close for me though, for sure. Would be happy with Terrell. He needs to get better at the catch-point though, like a lot better.

Edited by BayRaider
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

That’s a nice plan and all but we don’t have 10 roster spots to fill.  In fact we only have 7: WR1, WR3, RB2, backup DT/DE, SAM1, CB2, CB3/4.  We could possibly use competition at LT and S, too.  But when you factor in we’re likely to sign at least 2 more players in FA at least we really only need to come out of the draft with 6-7 players.  Under your plan it’s unlikely the last few picks make the team.  
I think we’d be much better off trading back from 19 and then trading back up in rounds 2-4 to target higher quality players, then fill in 1-3 roster spots with FAs and some camp players for competition. 

Really don’t see why WR3 is a need? Renfrow played well as a rookie and Agholor has had success and is only 27yo. We also have Zay Jones. Williams is a decent #2 WR. We need a #1 WR but don’t see why would need to spend a day 2 pick on another WR. 

5 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

That’s a nice plan and all but we don’t have 10 roster spots to fill.

I would actually be OK with the trade down, trade up plan, but regarding the first statement:

https://overthecap.com/free-agency/las-vegas-raiders/

Click on the 2021 tab.  That's a LOT of names.  We are going to need to fill the bottom half of this roster quickly. 

QB-doubtful, but if Tua is there, we can make room.

RB-2 spots locked. Love to see a talent here, but can be filled with street FA, or UDFA. (1)

WR-A year from now, Tyrell could be a cap casualty, and aside from Renfrow, I see no locks. Two spots, but we could draft 3, and I'd be fine with it. (2 conservatively)

TE-Very improbable. More likely a practice squad guy. 

OT-Brandon Parker and David Sharpe behind the starters. Not pressing need, but an OT, especially one that can swing a bit could EASILY make this team.  (1)

OG-Our '21 starters might not be on the team. Richie is old, Gabe is expensive, although I am praying he bounces back, and we happily pay him. 2 draft picks here would be great. OL is a strength, we should continue and enhance that. Just my opinion. I would LOVE if we drafted 2 OG in this draft. (2)

DE-I don't see it. 4 deep, Key gets one more year.

DT-I don't really see it, but I keep drafting a pass rusher in the 4th/5th. Hankins and Collins are both FA after this year.  This DT room after 2020 is Hurst and Hall. (1)

LB-We have 2. There are a minimum of two spots open. More like 4 spots open. (2)

CB-I think they could make 2 fit. We need a slot, Joyner is gone after 2020 (31 years old, 8.7 mill n cap savings). (2)

S-Randall on a one year deal, Joyner cap casualty most likely, Harris is a FA, and Heath is just a guy. (1)

The team did, I think a very good job filling holes. It means we need to get that starting WR, and hopefully a CB, and then take BPA at a lot of different positions. 

• Like 1