2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

23 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

That's a lot of ifs?

You're assuming we'll get 2 good starters from a draft pick, journeyman starter who's never been more than mediocre, 2nd year player who hasn't done anything, and resigning Worley who was average at best. 

I envy your optimism but I see CB as a dire need. I think anything less than 2 day 1/2 picks on corner is not enough.

NTL is the most optimistic person on the planet (though not anything wrong with that). He was the only person wanting to keep KNJ longer with “if if if if”. Our current CB core is far from the answer. We need a corner on the outside, badly. Bigger need than WR imo. 

Edited by BayRaider

If Tua is there at 12 you take him imo. If we got Tua at 12 I’d trade Carr for a 2nd if possible and roll with Mariota all of 2020. Best case scenario is he balls out and we can flip him and start Tua in 2021 worst case is Mariota doesn’t play well and Tua gets some experience going into 2021. And we’re set up for 2021 with a high pick and a potential franchise QB already om the team.  

If we go QB I’d be happy with Tua 12, Love at 19 or Hurts at 81. Other than that I’ll pass. 

• Like 2

On 4/16/2020 at 2:38 PM, Humble_Beast said:

I been to Denver a few times, it’s so nice. Just annoying Bronco fans, but Colorado one of the best places in the country. 

Lived in Colorado Springs from 94-99 and I liked the weather overall better than Nor Cal. San Diego is by far the best though. Hope to visit there soon but as of now it's just Vegas and Tahoe in the coming weeks/months. As long as I don't go rice krispies before those trips. LOL

Denver had a club we called 'the church' but it's real name I think was 7 candles. Lots of happy smiling people. =)

Edited by G

2 minutes ago, CaliforniaKid7 said:

If Tua is there at 12 you take him imo. If we got Tua at 12 I’d trade Carr for a 2nd if possible and roll with Mariota all of 2020. Best case scenario is he balls out and we can flip him and start Tua in 2021 worst case is Mariota doesn’t play well and Tua gets some experience going into 2021. And we’re set up for 2021 with a high pick and a potential franchise QB already om the team.  

If we go QB I’d be happy with Tua 12, Love at 19 or Hurts at 81. Other than that I’ll pass. 

Medicals are huge. He needs to check out first. I think Tua can be a good qb, but I'd respectfully pass. That being said, I'd try to land a trade down for a team enamored with him.

Don't get me started on Love at 19. I will break something if we take Love in the first round.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

You're focused on one faucet of his game and let's say that what you are claiming is true does that make him an elite QB "top 3 overall prospect".  I don't think so.

Does he have a cannon...  nope, does he have elite intelligence or and elite ability to read D's... nope.  Elite mobility... nope.  Yet he is an elite prospect?  What am I missing?  

Worse looking prospects then him have become Hall of Famers. 

As far as his intelligence and ability to read defenses, what are you basing this off? 

Bama coaches said he was the most advanced QB they ever saw as an incoming freshman. 

Nevertheless, I wasn't trying to convince you he's a great QB.

I was mostly addressing the medical. If you think he's a franchise if healthy, the #12 pick is worth the risk. 

If you don't, which, you don't, he's not. 

Look at that, we're both right.

7 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

Drinking too much water is one way to get flagged.  The specifics on what the fails are for will really matter in these cases.  

Yeah Baun got flagged for diluted sample and stated that as a reason. It checks out because he was up like 7-8 pounds from his normal weight in college.

6 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

That's a lot of ifs?

You're assuming we'll get 2 good starters from a draft pick, journeyman starter who's never been more than mediocre, 2nd year player who hasn't done anything, and resigning Worley who was average at best. 

I envy your optimism but I see CB as a dire need. I think anything less than 2 day 1/2 picks on corner is not enough.

No I'm throwing out hypothetical courses of action like you were.

And it was one starter from a 1st-3rd rd pick, which is expected in that range.

A journeyman who would be asked to be the 3rd or 4th corner, which is very doable.

A 2nd year player to take a step up to be a contributor (3rdor 4th or 5th corner) after having promise but getting injured early.

And signing Worley as insurance for cheap, which is also very doable.

But yeah, I guess that is too optimistic if it doesn't fit your argument.

9 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

What positions do you think we should be targeting in the 3rd if we stay put?  I would venture to say that a WR in the 3rd is almost certain considering the value and how pathetic our WR's are. 

We need a back behind Jacobs, no way we can go into the season with Richard as our primary backup.  

So many options. It's basically anything but a TE.

7 hours ago, StocktonSav said:

His RESUME. QBs are judged on physical attributes the least of any other position group.

He put up big time numbers, in big time games, at a national powerhouse. Agree or not, that makes him an elite QB prospect in most scouting circles.

I thought his numbers weren't that good against top teams?

2 hours ago, NightTrainLane said:

Yeah Baun got flagged for diluted sample and stated that as a reason. It checks out because he was up like 7-8 pounds from his normal weight in college.

In the joint everyone who gets High drinks water before bed then wakes up at 445am for breakfast and comes back and chugs 3-4 marshmallow fluff cups (16oz solid weight) of water and pees 1-2 times so when they come to scoop people up for tests at 6am they can beat the tests.  It’s incredibly rare anyone ever fails a test that does this.  These are just 10 panel cup tests, though.
I thought I heard the medicals weren’t done in the early mornings his year, like past years, but I’d still say it’s a fair comparison.  

the whole point is to just dilute the amount of substance that’s naturally in your urine with water.  If you had weed levels (Naturally at 300 ng/ml) and the The test cut off was 50ng/ml but your urine was 90% water due to the vast of water you just drank then your level for the test was 30ng/ml and you’d get the faintest line and pass.

its hard to say who failed as a result of just bulking up and who was cheating a test.  There are some clues that teams could use, like if the player registered a low ng/ml of a substance then he probably was trying to dilute his sample.  If the player had 0 ng/ml and jumped 8-12 pounds of weight then it’s probably him just trying to beat the scale and not the test.