2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

30 minutes ago, Trojan said:

Stefon Diggs and Tyreek Hill both also qualify.

almost but not because missed games Davante Adams and Robert Woods, almost but was 1 or 2 catches short two years Jarvis Landry.

I'd say it's more like ten WRs in the NFL who consistently put up 1k yards. Guys like Amari and Odell only miss it because of a single down year for Cooper and Odell's injured year.

Diggs didn't have 1,000+ yards in 2017 and Hill didn't have 1,000+ yards this year so neither guy qualifies. Adams has only gone over 1,000 yards once in 6 seasons. 

But either way there are legitimately only a handful of players that have been able to consistently put up 1,000+ yards. And people here act like if you take a WR in the first round he has to be an All-Pro for the pick to be worth it. Even if you look at the teams that made the playoffs last season, most of them had good defenses and balanced passing attacks. 

• Like 1

Another thing I've noticed. Speed seems to be overrated with WR's. 

If you look at the top 20 WR's in the league last year in terms of receiving yards: 

• 4.3 guys (2): Jones and Brown

• 4.4 guys (7): Godwin, Parker, Cooper, Moore, Robinson, Diggs, and Lockett

• 4.5 guys (8): Thomas, Golladay, Hopkins, Evans, Woods, Edelman, Sutton, and Gallup 

• 4.6 guys (2):  Kupp

• 4.7 guys (2): Allen and Landry

With the average 40 time for those 20 players being 4.50. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

So you not worried about Jeudy's horrible wonderlic?

A little bit but not really. Wonderlic only has a big impact on QBs, not any other position really. Plus Lamb scored a 12 compared to Jeudy's 9. They are both absolutely horrid scores.

30 minutes ago, Trojan said:

Ceedee was frequently mocked as the first WR taken before Hopkins trade to Arizona.

But he was never the consensus #1 WR nor was he the #1 most mocked WR to go 1st until the past 2-3 weeks. Sure, there were some mocks with him going before Jeudy, but not usually.

Also, Jeudy has stayed consistently as the Vegas favorite as being the 1st WR selected. Lamb has never once surpassed him in Betting Odds.

16 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

If you look at the top 20 WR's in the league last year in terms of receiving yards: 

• 4.5 guys (8): Thomas, Golladay, Hopkins, Evans, Woods, Edelman, Sutton, and Gallup 

Although they never corrected it Cooper is in the 4.3 category.  He tied or barely beat White and both beat Parker by a couple yards who ran a 4.45.

28 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Same group but jumping broad || vert:

Julio Jones 135 || 38.5
AJ Brown 120 || 36.5
Chris Godwin 126 || 36
DaVante Parker 125 || 36.5
Amari Cooper 120 || 33
DJ Moore 132 || 39.5
Allen Robinson 127 || 39
Stefon Diggs 115 || 35
Tyler Locket 121 || 35.5
Michael Thomas 126 || 35
Kenny Golladay 120 || 35.5
DeAndre Hopkins 115 || 36
Mike Evans DNP || 37
Robert Woods 117 || 33.5
Julian Edelman (not invited to combine)
Courtland Sutton 124 || 35.5
Michael Gallup 122 || 36
Cooper Kupp 116 || 31
Keenan Allen DNP
Jarvis Landry 110 || 28.5

So other than slot guys, jumping seems pretty consistent? Like 35 vert looks like a stat to look for and Ceedee was 34.5 and Jeudy 35, with Ceedee performing a bit better on broad than Jeudy with each getting >120.

Edited by Trojan

16 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

Really hope we can trade 19 pick for a pick In the late 20s and a 2nd. 

Agreed. I'd even be in for packaged that 2nd and later 3rd for higher 2nd if need be. 

Have like mid 2nd and our back to back 3's. 

Trade one of those 3s back few picks and grab a 4th or 5th. Let's gooo

2 hours ago, BayRaider said:

But he was never the consensus #1 WR nor was he the #1 most mocked WR to go 1st until the past 2-3 weeks. Sure, there were some mocks with him going before Jeudy, but not usually.

Also, Jeudy has stayed consistently as the Vegas favorite as being the 1st WR selected. Lamb has never once surpassed him in Betting Odds.

If you know anything about betting odds they want the majority to take the favorite.

2 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Man most mocks had Lamb to AZ early on none had Jeudy before that, or going to AZ, in fact a month and a half ago people were saying how Juedy was slipping under the radar because he wasn't being talked about as much.

I think NYG selecting Klavon Chaisson would be the path that opens up the most opportunities for us to get an A+ draft. The ripple effect of Simmons being someones BPA or falling to us, then also LTs all on board gives teams a legit argument to go LT instead of a target for us.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Tell that to BayRaider lol... his cut off line is Jeudy’s 4.45 or Okudah’s 4.48 but not Lamb’s 4.50

If Isaiah Simmons somehow slips to 12.... are we all hoping he’s the pick and CB/WR is addressed at 19 or later?  Could we actually pass on him if he fell?

i think he could be a 110tkl, 6-12 sack, 3 int, 10 pd stat machine for us at SAM on early downs and Nickel  LB with Littleton on passing downs.  I’d actually limit what he’s schemed to do.  Everyone says “oh he can do everything” well he can’t play FS in the nfl or slot CB.... he’d be best served lining up at SAM over the TE and either covering the TE or blitzing.  He’s so fast and bendy it’d be a nightmare for RTs to block him.  You could keep offenses guessing where the pressure was coming from.  Littleton’s a good blitzer too.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

If Isaiah Simmons somehow slips to 12.... are we all hoping he’s the pick and CB/WR is addressed at 19 or later?  Could we actually pass on him if he fell?

i think he could be a 110tkl, 6-12 sack, 3 int, 10 pd stat machine for us at SAM on early downs and Nickel  LB with Littleton on passing downs.  I’d actually limit what he’s schemed to do.  Everyone says “oh he can do everything” well he can’t play FS in the nfl or slot CB.... he’d be best served lining up at SAM over the TE and either covering the TE or blitzing.  He’s so fast and bendy it’d be a nightmare for RTs to block him.  You could keep offenses guessing where the pressure was coming from.  Littleton’s a good blitzer too.  

Depends on who's available. I think simmons best position is weakside backer and then a chess piece on 3rd down as a blitz/coverage guy.

I'd rather have Okudah, or even Derrick Brown honestly. Especially because of how much I believe in Littleton and how much I think an elite front matters (SF). Lamb would probably amount to more wins a season to Simmons for this team, but if we can acquire Simmons at 12 and trade up for a top 3 receiver, I'd be very happy with it.

• Like 2