2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Rumors that Detroit could take Derrick Brown at #3. And that teams are a lot higher on him than the media. 

I need to start keeping receipts lol. Who was the person who told me, with absolute certainty that Brown will not be a top 5 pick and not be picked before Okudah. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Rumors that Detroit could take Derrick Brown at #3. And that teams are a lot higher on him than the media. 

This is why I always say the Rankings and Mocks you see in January are super accurate. In February-April is Media/Fan overthink time. In January, Ferrell went at 4 most of the time, D. Brown went at 3 consistently in January, Jeudy and Lamb was a decent gap with Jeudy leading in January, Tua was a Top 3 Lock in January and still probably a Top 3 Pick, can go on and on.

Edited by BayRaider

14 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

This is why I always say the Rankings and Mocks you see in January are super accurate. In February-April is Media/Fan overthink time. In January, Ferrell went at 4 most of the time, D. Brown went at 3 consistently in January, Jeudy and Lamb was a decent gap with Jeudy leading in January, Tua was a Top 3 Lock in January and still probably a Top 3 Pick, can go on and on.

Is this why Mims replaced Aiyuk as your WR with the highest ceiling in the class?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I looked at a few mock drafts from January and they all had Ferrell in the top 13. 

9 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Is this why Mims replaced Aiyuk as your WR with the highest ceiling in the class?

I still have Aiyuk ahead of Mims and Aiyuk as my #3 WR overall. Mims should have the highest ceiling of any WR in ages because of his speed and size combination. The likelihood he reaches his entire ceiling isn’t good odds. I’m still confident Aiyuk hits his entire ceiling no later than Year 3. I actually like Denver or SF as really really good fits for him where he’ll eventually light the league on fire. 

Aiyuk at #3 is pretty mild compared to what you had:

Shenault #1

Lamb #2

Jeudy/Ruggs 3 and 4, don’t remember the order between those two. 

Edited by BayRaider

What does a Raiders mock look like to you that uses guys roughly in range (like +- 10 spots from a guy you legit want) that you would flip on Mayock like a lot of the board flipped on Reggie after we all loved him after 2014.

I think any pairing of LSU prospects other than Burrow in the first is a ugh scenario to me (Chaisson/Fulton/Jefferson/Queen/Cushenberry).

Then Darnay Holmes, Bryan Edwards and more LSU prospects (Lewis/Lawrence/Charles) or a TE (lol I guess Moss fits here too for more LSU, but I was thinking more Trautman/Kmet stuff where they could be BPA at 91 but please no).

1 minute ago, Trojan said:

What does a Raiders mock look like to you that uses guys roughly in range (like +- 10 spots from a guy you legit want) that you would flip on Mayock like a lot of the board flipped on Reggie after we all loved him after 2014.

Hard to say before we see them on the field. When we took Crosby last year a few people criticized the pick. I trust his plan.

Just now, NYRaider said:

Hard to say before we see them on the field. When we took Crosby last year a few people criticized the pick. I trust his plan.

I criticized the Maxx Crosby pick I wanted Anthony Nelson who was taken a pick later lol. Doesn't mean we can't post up a situation that we would be sad about. We are all wrong all the time, that shouldn't mean we can't dislike prospects. What's yours look like?

Just now, Trojan said:

I criticized the Maxx Crosby pick I wanted Anthony Nelson who was taken a pick later lol. Doesn't mean we can't post up a situation that we would be sad about. We are all wrong all the time, that shouldn't mean we can't dislike prospects. What's yours look like?

I had a big thing for Zack Allen out of BC last year and really wanted him. He got injured this past year. One of those non-raider draft players I’m gonna keep an eye on. 

• Like 1

Just now, BayRaider said:

I had a big thing for Zack Allen out of BC last year and really wanted him. He got injured this past year. One of those non-raider draft players I’m gonna keep an eye on. 

Me too I wanted him at the Jonathan Abram spot or at the Trayvon Mullen spot. I took Zach Allen in my expansion team thread.

I had pick 1 of each round and took:
1.00 Nick Bosa, DE The Ohio State
2.00 Dalton Risner, RT Florida
3.00 Zach Allen, DE/DT Boston College
4.00 Mack Wilson, LB Alabama
5.00 Kelvin Harmon, WR NC State
6.00 Jaquan Johnson, S Miami
7.00 Brett Rypien, QB Boise State

Based on Mayock's strategy last season I'm expecting us to take whatever WR/CB he thinks will be ready to make an impact in the first. And then look for traits guys with our 3 3rd's, 1 4th, and 1 5th. 4/5 of our picks in the 4th round and beyond were on traits guys, prospects that were considered raw but had elite physical traits. Crosby, Johnson, Moreau, and Bell were all considered pretty raw but had upper echelon athleticism for their position. 

Edited by NYRaider

Just now, Trojan said:

Me too I wanted him at the Jonathan Abram spot or at the Trayvon Mullen spot. I took Zach Allen in my expansion team thread.

I had pick 1 of each round and took:
1.00 Nick Bosa, DE The Ohio State
2.00 Dalton Risner, RT Florida
3.00 Zach Allen, DE/DT Boston College
4.00 Mack Wilson, LB Alabama
5.00 Kelvin Harmon, WR NC State
6.00 Jaquan Johnson, S Miami
7.00 Brett Rypien, QB Boise State

Yep my final mock last year I had:

4. Quinnen Williams (really thought Jets would taken Allen for their 3-4)

24. Don’t remember who I had here. It was either a TE or Hollywood Brown. 

27. Zach Allen

I still think Zach Allen is gonna be a stud. 

If we go Devin White with our first pick I would hope that it is after we trade back to pickup another second round pick at least.  If we did get Q. Williams at least our interior pass rush would be collapsing pockets.  Hopefully Frank Clark tests free agency and we can make him our big splash pickup.  F. Clark, Q. Williams, M. Hurst, A. Key, and another edge rusher from the draft would be pretty sweet.  Maybe M. Sweat at the end of the first round.  I know the mentality should be BPA but I really think we'd do just fine with Q. Williams and M. Sweat in the first round.  The other pick could definitely be BPA, hopefully the BPA just so happens to be a FS, LB, or WR.  I don't want to draft an OL in the first two rounds.

What I wrote in the 2019 NFL draft thread we made. Devin White and Montez Sweat would've been a pretty good first round.  Especially if we still ended up with Josh Jacobs.  But hey, I was hoping for a FS and we picked up Abram (SS right?).  Anyway.  The past is the past!

• Like 1

12. Ruggs WR- With Lamb off the board, Mayock gives Gruden the most explosive player in the draft. Raiders get a WR that complements the offense perfectly. Ruggs speed and ability will open up run lanes and allow Waller and Renfrow more room to operate. 

19. TRADE: Raiders send #19 to Indy for Picks #34 and #44. Colts move up to take Jordan Love as their QBoTF.

34. AJ Terrell CB- Ive liked Terrell a lot since the beginning of the process(even after the Natty) Very good CB prospect,  has all the tools and pedigree to fit right in, in LV. He has size, arm length and long speed, he also isn't afraid to mix it up in run support. Terrell may have more upside than his former Clemson teammate, Trayvon Mullen, who many on this board(including myself) love.

44. Michael Pittman Jr WR- Pittman is another player I loved since the beginning of the process and has steadily risen up the rankings( especially after he ran a 4.52 at 6'4 223). Big bodied WR, who can get down field and make plays. Would be the perfect complement to Ruggs moving forward. Would start off as our #4 WR, with the potential to replace TW as our #2, and would allow the Raiders to move on from Williams and save 10+mil in cap space. Gruden also coached Michael Pittman Sr.(who he loved in Tampa)

80. Malik Harrison LB-Harrison would come in and round out our LB core. Great in run support, would start off as a 2-down thumper and would also give us insurance if Kwit flops. Littleton, Kwit, Harrison, Morrow and Lee would be our best LB core(on paper) since Biekert, Romo and William Thomas.

81.Terrell Burgess S-versatile S prospect with good speed and range. Can drop down and cover the slot and has enough speed to cover Wrs downfield. Would round out the Raiders S position and would take over for Randall in 2021. 

91. Julian Okwara DE- twitchy pass rusher that needs to add some bulk to hold up vs the run. Has nice burst and bend. Has a ton of upside as a pass rusher. Would come in and compete with Arden Key to be the Raiders #4 DE.

121. AJ Dillon RB-kind of risky waiting this long to take a RB(I think RB is the Raiders #3 biggest need behind WR and CB). Dillon is a load with long speed who is a nightmare to bring down once he has a full head of steam going. Would complement Jacobs and Richard perfectly. I see the ideal situation as 8-12 carries a game to keep Jacobs fresh and to help wear down defenses. Dillon behind our massive OL, after having to deal with Jacobs all day, would be a nightmare for opposing defenses. 

159. Jonah Jackson OG-Rutgers transfer who made the most of his time at tOSU. Stud in pass pro would offer depth along the IOL, with upside to take over for Incognito or Jackson. 

QB: Carr/Mariota/Peterman

RB: Jacobs/Dillon/Richard

FB: Ingold

WR: Ruggs/Agholor/Jones

WR: Williams/Pittman

Slot: Renfrow

TE: Waller/Moreau/Witten/Carrier

LT: Miller/Sharpe

LG: Incognito/Jackson

C: Hudson/James

RG: Jackson/Good

RT: Brown/Parker