2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

21 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

That's where I disagree. I don't think he excels in press coverage and don't think he does a good enough job jamming a WR. That's just my opinion. That's why I say I don't see the fit because there are a handful of other CBs that do a better job.

Also nothing to do with his play on the field, but he got suspended a full year for messing with a drug test. We know Mayock that doesn't seem like a player he would select. 

Struggled is a strong word to use. I know you're a CeeDee Lamb guy but he hardly ever faced press coverage so aren't you worried about that with him? 

I agree mostly. Compared to a guy like Terrell. I'm not advocating Fulton as a pick. 

I do worry about Lamb in that sense. But I did see him have success against LSU and Alabama. I think he will translate well. And I will take the WR who has that dog in him every time. That's why I like guys like Lamb, Edwards and Shenault. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

I agree mostly. Compared to a guy like Terrell. I'm not advocating Fulton as a pick. 

I do worry about Lamb in that sense. But I did see him have success against LSU and Alabama. I think he will translate well. And I will take the WR who has that dog in him every time. That's why I like guys like Lamb, Edwards and Shenault. 

Agreed with last part. CeeDee just seems to have different energy about him. Juedy reminds me of cooper as a player, probably less dynamic actually. So just want something different. 

• Like 1

Picking which WR you like out of the the big three is like picking which ice cream flavor you like. They all good, but some you just like more than the others. I would be happy with anyone of the big three. They all bring something different to the table they all come from winning programs and all seem like good kids. Just give me one of them at 12 on Thursday. 

• Like 5

Just now, NJ Raider said:

Apparently PJ Hall is on the block. What kind of compensation would we actually get for him? Mayock must have hated that pick. I'm thinking a late day three selection.

I wanted pj hall a lot. Just not in 2nd

2 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

I would be happy if we got a bag of salted peanuts for PJ Hall. 

I still think he gets a great push when he does put in full effort. But inconsistent. Has the talent, needs to match that

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

I keep trying to find reasons not to like him because people are low on him. But keeping coming back to him jamming up Ruggs for 60 mins. Dared Ruggs to beat him with his speed and he won nearly every rep against him.

I've watched a bunch of the 2nd tier CBs lately and in the end, Fulton is still the one i'd draft. I don't think Gladney and Igbinoghene are targets for us so i didn't watch much. Diggs isn't fluid enough, doesn't look fast (and no 40) and his tackling isn't good. Fulton, Johnson and Terrell are close. I prefer Fulton but i can see why someone would like the other 2.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

It seems like the mock is just trying to validate past points made.  No matter how many rumors of Lamb being Mayocks favorite BR will never take him.  And then forces Johnson at 20.  Trade out of 19!  

Exactly... draft is based on his own ego. Has to continue his downplay of Lamb when he's universally seen as WR1 or 2 by almost everyone and rumors are he's the top WR on several WR needy teams boards. 

Henderson dropping to 24 and being drafted AFTER Johnson is laughable. Such a homer thing to do. I'm not even a big Henderson guy, but he's 10 times the player Johnson is.

Trying to be the smartest guy in the room is never a good look.

Edited by big_palooka

37 minutes ago, roi34 said:

Agreed with last part. CeeDee just seems to have different energy about him. Juedy reminds me of cooper as a player, probably less dynamic actually. So just want something different. 

10000%. This is the biggest difference for me in the 2.

Lamb is a dog. He has that throw it up and I will go get it mentality of great WRs. Going to compete his *** off. Look at how he plays away from the ball on blocks, etc. 

Jeudy shies away from contact on blocks. He gets antsy over the middle and drops balls when contested. 

Game on the line, you need a big play, Lamb is about that life. Jeudy IMO, will be like Cooper and shy away in big moments. Like Cooper, doesn't have that dog in him. 

I like Jeudy's ability to stretch the field, get open and be a great high end 2 (like Cooper). I just don't see a guy who has that fight in him that can take over games and make the big play in the big moment. Or a guy who will win in the red zone consistently. 

Same reason I like Edwards and Shenault.... they are dogs. And for the Raiders (Carr) he thrived with Adams and Crabtree in his career. Guys he trusted to go get the ball. That's what Lamb brings to the offense. Raiders need a new Cabtree, not a new Cooper is what it boils down to for me.

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Picking which WR you like out of the the big three is like picking which ice cream flavor you like. They all good, but some you just like more than the others. I would be happy with anyone of the big three. They all bring something different to the table they all come from winning programs and all seem like good kids. Just give me one of them at 12 on Thursday. 

Totally agree. I think due to trade ups, we will only have one of the big 3 left at pick 12. But would be happy with any of them.